Hydaelyn Role-Players
Very new to ffxiv very experienced with roleplaying - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Very new to ffxiv very experienced with roleplaying (/showthread.php?tid=21310)

Very new to ffxiv very experienced with roleplaying - GhostiPrince - 01-27-2018

Hello! I am fresh out of the waters when it comes to FFXIV, I have joined the Jenova server for now and would love to rp!
I've never done rping for mmorpgs but I have done written rps many a time.

I am a college student so my availability is extremely sporadic and would like to find a chill group that is okay with me coming and going. 
I have read the rules but at this moment in time I'm not sure what to do? 
If the group here happens to have a discord I can just chat with real time that would be rad as heck.

RE: Very new to ffxiv very experienced with roleplaying - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-27-2018

Heya there and welcome to the RPC!

If you're just getting started/situated, I'd recommend checking out this post with some basic "where do I go from here" links.

Now that I am here, what do I do? An introduction to Eorzea.

If you're still making your way through the game's main scenerio quest and are looking for a lore primer, I'd start off with these:

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore
What Year Is It? Time Passage in FFXIV

Sounsyy here on the RPC has a number of lore compilations such as the ones above. If there's a concept or idea or just plain something you're looking for more details on, there's a pretty good chance there's a post or thread about it!

RE: Very new to ffxiv very experienced with roleplaying - GhostiPrince - 01-27-2018

(01-27-2018, 02:32 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Heya there and welcome to the RPC!

If you're just getting started/situated, I'd recommend checking out this post with some basic "where do I go from here" links.

Now that I am here, what do I do? An introduction to Eorzea.

If you're still making your way through the game's main scenerio quest and are looking for a lore primer, I'd start off with these:

Eorzean Lore Starter Kit
-Racial Lore Compilation
-Class/Job Lore Compilation
-Hydaelyn Geography Lore
-Settlements in Eorzea Pre-Calamity
-Eorzean City-states' Political Structures Lore
-Eorzean Units of Time and Measurement Lore
What Year Is It? Time Passage in FFXIV

Sounsyy here on the RPC has a number of lore compilations such as the ones above. If there's a concept or idea or just plain something you're looking for more details on, there's a pretty good chance there's a post or thread about it!
Will be sure to check that all out once I am more awake hahah
Appreciate the assistance!