Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] H-Hey. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] H-Hey. (/showthread.php?tid=20960)

[Balmung] H-Hey. - Icefae - 11-16-2017

I'm a long time WoW RPer that finally jumped ship. I've always liked FFXIV's design and with Stormblood, the game seems to be going in a really good direction.

Not gonna lie; the Roleplay here is fairly overwhelming, even for a light-medium roleplayer like me. This coalition in particular and the amount of people that have contributed to it is incredibly special and speaks to the passion you all have for the game world. It's definitely something that I want to be a part of.

I've cast my lot in with the Teahouse FC and have just been observing the world and watching lore videos and all kinds of other stuff while figuring out my character motivations and how it all functions. The game world is very different in the way that the aether is always present and a persistent force that affects the lives of just about every living creature. It's counter intuitive to create a character that is just oblivious to magic and history and all of these things that are a part of the world. I've found that it's taken quite some time to absorb all that knowledge and visualize your character, but I'm just about ready to take the plunge. There is definitely a lot of depth to it and I really appreciate the effort most of the community has gone to produce just the sheer volume of writing. It's just so awesome. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling it's probably because I'm on like 3 hours of sleep

ANYWAY, I'm glad to be a part of this community. You can probably expect a few scrub threads from me asking inane questions about typical life in Eorzea and how things stack up chronologically and causing other imperial nuisances, as they say.

Oh, I also draw and would love to open up commissions here eventually but not at the moment while there are 4 weeks left on my art degree whoop whoop. But that is certainly a thing. Alright, I'm about to go pass out but by royal decree this marks the end of my official welcome desk post thank you for reading and thank you in advance for being incredibly nice to me.

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - Vyce - 11-16-2017

Welcome! Make good choices and most importantly, do NOT poke, pet, or hug Lalafell unsolicited.

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - Akeno Asukai - 11-16-2017

Hello and welcome to the community. ^^;
It's so nice to find another WoW ship-jumper. 
/jokes

But seriously, welcome to the community.
If you're ever interested in engaging in conversation with a caustic little Raen woman from across the Sea... 
Akeno is your girl. 

Hope to see you around in-game sometime.
I've heard good things about the Tea House, but Akeno has never been. 

â™ 

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - Zanther - 11-17-2017

Welcome to the family. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask questions. Many have been asked and a look into the Lore threads will help give a good understanding, though not all topics have been covered so...ask away Smile

And agree on the Lalafell part...

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - maoilmhin - 11-17-2017

Welcome to Balmung and RPC!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Ethys Asher's YouTube for videos, and for reading Sounsyy's Lore Compilations Index is a must.

It is intimidating being a newbie on in an established RP community / server.   I've been treated very well by both, despite my lack of knowledge.   Most of the people I've run across are more interested in helping than judging.

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - Icefae - 11-18-2017

(11-17-2017, 07:19 PM)maoilmhin Wrote: Welcome to Balmung and RPC!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Ethys Asher's YouTube for videos, and for reading Sounsyy's Lore Compilations Index is a must.

It is intimidating being a newbie on in an established RP community / server.   I've been treated very well by both, despite my lack of knowledge.   Most of the people I've run across are more interested in helping than judging.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been looking for! Thanks. :3

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - Faye - 11-18-2017

Welcome to the RPC, it's good to see you on here! Big Grin There's a lot of lore and knowledgeable people abound on the forums so don't hesitate if you have any questions!

RE: [Balmung] H-Hey. - AkhutaiAngura - 11-24-2017

Hi! Welcome to the game. 

I'm a just now returning player - Poor Akhutai is still at Level 60, running around in his end game gear from Heavensward looking like a fish out of water - But if you want to make friends with a 'naive' and tribal Xaela Au'ra, hit up Akhutai Angura! I'll also tank for your dungeons.