Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character References - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Character References (/showthread.php?tid=1999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Character References - Arlon - 05-24-2013

Name: Uruvion Firelight

Race: Duskwight Elezen

Profession: Captain of a small ship which sails with the Knights of the Barracuda, Pirate in his off hours.

In-game classes: WHM, BRD(?), PUG(?)

Height: A bit short for an elezen

Body: Slender with some muscle tone.

Hair: Shoulder length, Silver with one side longer on one side of his face.

Eyes: Light blue or silver.

Skin: Tan

Markings: (haven't seen character creation options)

Clothing style: White mage garb when he is in battle or on his ship. When he's in town he always wears a wide-brimed black hat, tan cloak with a black sleeveless shirt underneath, brown forearm-length gloves, baggy navy blue pants and brown boots that reach mid-calf.

Other: He is effeminate and strikingly beautiful. He always wears a silver cross around his neck, square rimmed glasses, and always keeps a gold ring in his pocket.

His traveling attire looks similar to this, but different colors, and his hair is shorter. Also missing the hat/glasses:

Show Content

His hair is similar to this. I'm going to get my character as close to this as possible:
Show Content

Wiki: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Uruvion_Firelight

RE: Character References - Aysun - 05-24-2013

Useful~

A'eyshn (Aysun) Demiir [wiki]
Race/Clan: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun
Skin color: Medium Fair
Eyes: Heterochromic (Left Blue / Right Brown) Slitted Pupils
Hair/Ears/Tail color: Blonde, naturally highlighted from sun-exposure
Hair Style: Short and messy, with slight curl like so. Tail: Longer fur as seen in game.
If grown long, her hair is distinctly curly. Medium, loose curls, something like this but longer. Usually in a messy/loose braid.
Marking: Three brown markings on each cheek, scar on her right thigh, scar above her left eye extending up into her hairline (though it is mostly covered by her bangs), large scar on the mid right side of her abdomen
Body Type: Petite, trim, small bust
Weapons: Short bow of some sort, or a wand/stave. Nothing overly special, she usually just makes her own stuff.
Notes: I've always kept her appearance very much like she is in game. Face shape, the way her eyes are and such, because I like how she looks in game. So screenshots are probably the best refs to use other than Gerik's portrayal of her hair! Also, she does NOT have fangs. She's a Seeker of the Sun, we don't have fangs. XD
Demeanor: "It's complicated" .. No really. She's can be a mess. She likes to drink. She dances. She's a healer and an archer/bard. She laughs and gets cranky like everyone else. Just have fun. Tongue
Clothing:
Tabards / Tunics / Vest thingy with and without sleeves / Hunting Tunic thingy / Bard shirt & hat (never wears the tights, heels, bangles)
Kecks!
Leather Half-gloves (pretty much always~)
Rarely CNJ / WHM or Maelstrom garb
Bandana occasionally
When dancing? Not much. As in, she basically dances in her undies. See wiki. x3

Clothing examples behind the spoiler.
Show Content

RE: Character References - Kassandra Dawn - 05-25-2013

Name: Kassandra Dawn

Race: Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun

Profession: Kass runs a business that supplies herbs and potions to well meaning customers.  (and sometimes things that aren't so good if people need it)

In-game classes: Bard or Archer

Height: Tallest height for Miqo'te

Body: Slim with curves and some muscle

Hair: LONG, it falls to her lower back.  It is black with red highlights.  Also sometimes she wears it pulled back in the ponytail with bands pinned up, other times she wears it down with her bangs down.

Eyes: Grey

Skin: Tan

Markings: none

Clothing style: Kass wears simple clothes when at home, usually dresses (i know they're not in game so be as creative as you like.  Other examples in the spoilers below.

Other: Kass has a 5 year old daughter who looks exactly like her, but with round pupils instead of the vertical slit.
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Character References - TheLastCandle - 05-25-2013

Name: Teveriel Anduin
Race: Wildwood Elezen
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170 ponz
Hair: Silver-blonde, almost white; worn long and usually in a ponytail
Eyes: Light grey 
Physical Description: Slender and quite pale of skin, especially for a Wildwood Elezen. Despite his pallor, most of the time he appears to be healthy enough, despite a marked lack of muscle mass. Wears spectacles most of the time.
Possible Depictions: Black Mage; Arcanist; Summoner; laboratory environment; study; gathering herbs/reagents
Clothing: Prefers a long coat for everyday wear; the most common colors for his clothing are black, grey, blue, or green.

Show Content

Show Content

(Alothia: I just fixed your image tags so they'll show up. ^^)

RE: Character References - Aulairet - 05-29-2013

Character Name: Zwei Ahlstedt
Race: Duskwight Elezen
Hair: Royal blue
Skin: Ashen grey
Eyes: Heliotrope
Height: 6 fulms 6 ilms
Weight: 221 ponz

In-game Job: Monk

Appearance- Tall and fit. Drooping ears, long blue hair. Usually sullen demeanor, but not always.

[Image: zweicrop.jpg]

more art can be found here .

Preferred Activities- Zwei is quite reclusive and introspective. Pensive,world-weary, a bit gloomy. He is most often drawing in his journal, sketching his surrounding. He is illiterate so pictures are how he tells stories. He also likes being near water. His own home is actually in a cave behind a waterfall in Twelveswood. He's an accomplished fisher and competent sailor. He even has a small sail boat that his father, his brothers and he built together when they were younger.

Colours- Greys, Blues, Greens, deeply saturated "moody"colors

There are no RL actors I would like to see portray Zwei. If anything, I would prefer he be featured in an amazing anime or something. Tongue

RE: Character References - Ryanti - 06-03-2013

EDIT: Please draw my hair as I describe it in this thread. Not on my avatar. The hair on my avatar isn't a perfect match. Thanks.

I would be immensely honored to have anything sketched in my name. I am not an artist, so for me, seeing what I created with my mind in image format is amazing to me.

My wiki page: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ryanti_Veanysus

I only have one picture right now. Going to steal Cassandra's template as well if she doesn't mind.

Name: Ryanti Veanysus

Race: Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon (No facial markings, round irises because he is halfbreed).

Profession: Ryanti Veanysus is the heir of a wealthy noble family. He is of the bishonen prince archetype. He's pretty, he's angelic, and graceful.

In-game classes: Paladin. If you wish to draw him older, PM me.

Height: Quite tall for a Miqo'te given his human father.

Body: Slender, but toned. Feminine traits, without going overboard. Bishonen. He's not exactly chiseled but his body is scarless and there's no fat anywhere.

Hair: A radiant white, with bangs falling down in a curve, covering a bit of his eye. His hair is short, round, and boyish, delicately combed and always washed and taken care of with great maintenance. He can afford it.

Eyes: Aquamarine

Skin: Pasty white. Not pale, but radiant.

Markings: None.

Clothing style: Ryanti prefers soft fabrics, and delicately crafted clothing (though I won't pressure you to bust your butt making designs lol), he has a large taste for fashion in regards to sophistication. He has a knack for beauty, and he would go well beyond most men in preparing himself to go out.

Here are some visual inspirations.

Ryanti Himself.

Show Content

This picture is so accurate of his hair, I don't need another.

Show Content

And of course, I've always liked this picture.

[spoiler][Image: spoiler%5D]

I am not going to post a picture of clothing ideas, because I like to hand that creative freedom over to the artist. I do, however, have some tips. He's a philosophical individual who's values angelic beauty. I would go for princely, I would go for bishonen, and if the clothing he is wearing happens to be simple (nightwear or something) then I would still like for them to be well made, or.. accented slightly. To show that he's wealthy.

What is important is his expression. His eyes are.. never dull. They are full of life. His expression in a picture.. hm, it depends on the situation, but he tends to assume gazes of poetic depth. He's quite timid, but he has a strong soul. He's very 'artsy' and 'Shakespearian' in nature, so take that as you will.

RE: Character References - Manari - 06-05-2013

Show Content

Name:  Manari Onai

Race/gender:  Female Miqo'te, Keeper of the Moon.  

Size:  Small and slim

Eyes:  large and bright green

Hair and skin:  Bright light-blonde hair with an almost completely white skin tone.  

Manari is generally sweet and kind, sometimes shy and nervous.  In ARR she will have grown up a bit and have become a bit more assertive and confident.  She can almost always be found in the Twelveswood.  

Here are some visual references of Manari:

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

And here is a whole gallery of reference images for her I made:

V
V
^
^

Thank you for looking!

RE: Character References - Mtoto Wamoto - 06-14-2013

Now that Beta Phase 3 is out and NDA is lifted so we can upload photos, here are some refs of Mtoto 2.0.... Smile (I'm still debating on switching to a Hyur so this may change...also hair color...not sure yet.)

Show Content

Also

Show Content

RE: Character References - Arlon - 06-14-2013

Looking good, Mtoto! I can't wait to get in and create a character!(beta d/ling now)

RE: Character References - cranlet - 06-15-2013

Character Name: Melle Cranberry
Race: Midlander Hyur
Hair: Orange (red)
Skin: Slightly tan
Eyes: Olive green
Height: 5 fulms 8 ilms

In-game Job: Archer

Appearance: Tall-ish and lean from working. Wears a headband that keeps her hair off the nape of her neck. Cheerful mien, sometimes even when inappropriate.

Clothing: Anything appropriate for her various (blue collar) day jobs. When left to her own devices, whatever is comfortable and doesn't smell bad.

Show Content

If anyone ever decides to pick her up for drawing, thank you tons!

RE: Character References - Aeiteil Strand - 06-16-2013

Aehtel Strand

Hyur :: Midlander :: Male

Height: 5.9
Skin color: Pale
Eye color: Brown
Hair Style: Short and Dark Brown
Expression: Empty yet kind
Body Type: Slim and non-muscular
Clothing: Typically in a robe of sorts, something to hide in.
Personality: Quiet but not rude or mean. Doesn't normally talk unless spoken to.
Job/Class: Bard~Scholar

Wiki Page: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Aehtel_Strand

RE: Character References - Uther - 06-16-2013

Adding in screenshots is definitely a good idea for this thread. Especially for those of us who didn't get to play or interact with the RPC in 1.0.

Guess I'll jump in.

Ä°mage
Ä°mage
Ä°mage
Ä°mage

Uther Skystrider has a very black-and-white idealist morality, take that how you will for his possible physical disposition. He can be anywhere from extremely optimistic, to stern and spiteful, to tired and defeated.

RE: Character References - Rhashi Nefhys - 06-16-2013

Finally got something to add here too:

Name: Rhashi Nefhys
Race: Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon
Profession: Explorer, Historian, Artist - nothing official
In-game classes: Healer(Whitemage/Scholar)
Height: 4'9'' - very small for his gender/race
Body: Slim, underfed, quite the opposite of a trained muscular, broad shouldered, masculine body. His face looks a little girlish but he won't really be mistaken for a girl unless from afar with bad light. His skin has dark greyish color. While in the sunlight a it has a barely noticeable blue shine.
Hair: Fine smooth dark blue hair. He never wears it longer then to his shoulders and doesn't care for it too much. So it often looks ruffled. After his return from the calamity the highlights changed to white.
Eyes: Crystal Blue
Skin: Dark Grey
Markings: Small Miqo'te birthmarks below his eyes and a scar on his left cheek from the events at the Calamity
Clothing style: He is quite impatient of clothing and style so the sticks to ordinary and practical stuff that lets him merge with the crowd. He usually sticks with long hooded traveling robes that hide most of his body features

[Image: xUnSZ05.jpg]

More can be found on the Wiki

RE: Character References - Yahdo - 06-16-2013

Name - Eadmund Vexyl
Race - Highlander Hyur
Gender - Male
Age - 24
Hobbies - Cooking new and exciting dishes, a lot of the times screwing up.
Height - 6'0
Hair - Short Red hair with fades and a ponytail with a long line of hair going down the middle of the back of his head.
Personality - Loves to meet new people and randomly cook for them, he is fiercly loyal to his friends. He tends to be quite shy when around girls he thinks are pretty but will try to cook something extra special for them. If he see's someone in danger he is quick to help.

[Image: ffxiv_20130615_145115_zps9c4bd455.png]

RE: Character References - E'irawen - 06-19-2013

Errr. I feel kind of guilty posting here, haha. I should be able to just draw my own people. ; ; But y'know...Just in case.

K'aworu Rhea - Male, Sun Seeker Miqote

Wiki Page

He's young, and I have difficulty drawing his picture age-appropriate. He's also kind of thin, on the side of being malnourished. Kind of girly, and is often mistaken for a girl.

He has short, uneven silver-blonde hair. It's short all around except on one side (his right) that is long and braided. If it were let down, it would be curly. His hair would literally be half long, half short.

His right eye is gold, while the left is a vibrant teal. His skin is slightly tan, but not all that dark. He has dark, red bags beneath his eyes.

Clothing-wise, please feel free to dress him in whatever you like. He doesn't really care and will pretty much wear what he's told to.

His height is small. He is very short for a miqote.

Important details include a scar on the left side of his jaw, and significant scarring across his throat. It was slit, blade jagged. It left a lot of damage there.