Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am Doing" - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am Doing" (/showthread.php?tid=19970)

[Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am Doing" - Mewnie - 07-02-2017

So after a long absence from Balmung, and taking advantage of the new character boost service, I wanna dip my toes back into Balmung! Well, not literally into Balmung, weirdos.

Anyways, I remade my old alt I had gathering dust on Balumg and while I'm still hashing out the details, what I do have is a Midlander with some Ala Mhigan blood who really really wants to join in the fight for Ala Mhigo... or other things but those are spoilers so shhhh. 
She's a young swordswoman with probably a bit too much enthusiasm who could probably use the guidance of more experienced adventurers before she does something too brash.

Oh and yes, this is an alt- my main is on Excal, but since I've already completed SB and am now on the Duty and Hunt maintenence segment, I need something else to do. And my main has PLD to 66 so far, so I don't think boosting my Balmung character to 60 PLD will be an issue Tongue

RE: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am D... - Missing Aria - 07-02-2017

Well welcome back to the game!  I've taken a few breaks myself in the past, the longest of which being just before HW came out because I was going to school full time and didn't want any distractions, so I know how hard it can be to pick up where you left off.  If you want some RP connections feel free to shoot me a message on Discord (Missing_Aria#5466) or you can drop by the Lavender Beds 7th Ward Plot 40 for random RP.  Our FC has IC plot interests in Ala Mhigo, Doma, Ishgard, and Garlemald that tend to lean on the side of stirring up the people so I think your character could definitely make some connections with us.  Of course if you're looking for an FC we can offer that too but we have lots of people who are simply connections without being members so no worries if you aren't interested in finding an FC.

My main, Missing (no that's not her real name), is a spy who is actively seeking contacts in the Ala Mhigan resistance so if you want to meet up and RP something along those lines I'm completely game for it!

RE: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am D... - Thunderbolt300 - 07-03-2017

Hey there and welcome back aboard the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

In addition to what Missing said, you might consider tossing up a post on the Making Connections forum here on the RPC as a means to hit the ground running. If you have a pretty good idea for the direction or niche you're aiming for, that'll help even more!

If nothing else, though, you're certainly welcome to run into Kasi sometime! She's mentored a good number of aspiring adventurers over the months and can teach swordplay if that's something you're after too. Kasi has a habit of showing up all over the place as a habitual wanderer, cook, and mercenary with a good 17 years of experience (not quite to old-fart levels but she's getting there).

RE: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am D... - Missing Aria - 07-03-2017

-sits on Kasi- Nah you don't want to RP with Kasi, she eats all of the bacon and starts dating your mom!

Actually I guess she's okay... Sometimes.

RE: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am D... - SicketySix - 07-03-2017

Welcome to the forums!

And hey if it makes you feel any better, I've been playing FFXIV for a few years now and I still have no idea what I'm doing!Thumbsup

RE: [Balmung] Returning after some time away or, "Help I Have No Idea What I Am D... - Mewnie - 07-04-2017

Aw, thanks folks. I've joined up with some old friends and their FC but I'm on the hunt for some RP. I'm gonna check out these events Teusday afternoon and maybe I'll see some of you there?