Hydaelyn Role-Players
Simultaneous Logout Measures - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Simultaneous Logout Measures (/showthread.php?tid=19897)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Teadrinker - 06-28-2017

[Image: fef6c8c3773fd8dccc862a94b4b793d9.png]

We'll see how long it takes. I have high hopes. But idk.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Kage - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 03:12 PM)Nebbs Wrote: So this is a regular thing now "As such, we’ll be instituting a temporary measure that will log all characters out simultaneously across all Worlds on a data center once a day."

Even though it is the worst time for me, slap bang in the middle of my play time, and I expect there will be massive queues to get back in, it will make housing available again.

Thank you SE, it's a half way measure but it is better than nothing.
You're also far more likely to be able to login as soon as server comes back up AND were able to login without effort than NA players whereas I bet no more than half of those AFKers in NA who got booted won't be RDPing to login/start to queue.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Virella - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 03:17 PM)Teadrinker Wrote: [Image: fef6c8c3773fd8dccc862a94b4b793d9.png]

Yeah man, my 1.2k queue took like idk 5 mins to drop to 800 so far

SO DRAMATIC

MUCH WOW

on peak times that would be an hour rofl

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Val - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 03:17 PM)Teadrinker Wrote: [Image: fef6c8c3773fd8dccc862a94b4b793d9.png]

Someone already told me the queue is up to 3k.

So what exactly was this reportedly fixing again? Because as far as I can tell, it has accomplished absolutely nothing aside from scrambling the order of people legit playing the game.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-28-2017

Better to give them backlash on the official forums and not here though.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Rosamund - 06-28-2017

Is this going to be at the same time every day? Because we run our RP events at around this time, as well as the Sunny Seaside Bar. The queue to get back in was quite short today but I'm worried about the weekend.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Kilieit - 06-28-2017

It's worth noting the queue is moving at a standard pace - 100 people / 1 minute. So a 3k queue will reliably take 30 minutes.

As opposed to the overflow queues we were dealing with as standard at peak time, where a 3k queue could take up to 4 hours.

It'll probably deteriorate, but...

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Virella - 06-28-2017

So dramatic, 1.3k queue took me 13 mins to get in.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Gegenji - 06-28-2017

I won't be home for another two hours. I wonder if it'll be back to "normal" by then. Sad

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Lydia Lightfoot - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 01:16 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 01:09 PM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: ...or they could just make it so the existing afk-logout ignores player status (crafting, etc) and ignores repetitive keystrokes (so people can't just weigh down arrow keys and run in circles to avoid the logout). I mean your idea has merit too, but it seems better to just implement "no seriously, we mean it, AFK means AFK".

This is gonna sound mean, but do you have any idea how a server works? And how impossibly difficicult it would be to differentiate between "valid" keystrokes/movement data and "AFK avoidance" keystrokes and movement data? They can't just boot people who've been in a zone for X number of minutes. RPers. People FATE farming. Crafters. Gatherers. The list goes on.

They also are not going to track patterns for every single player. I don't know any game company that has the time and storage to do that. An active connection is defined as the client and server exchanging data. They could buff up the AFK code to require client packets going to the server, but that wouldn't stop someone from using a crafting macro or a macro to run in circles. Or to run between zone lines every X minutes. (Easily achived with arrow keys alone).

SUPER MEAN! T.T

Nah, I kid. You're all good, ol' buddy. :3

I know it's hardly as simple as I said, but nothing ever is with programming and MMOs especially (and this one in particular, which I've heard is like trying to find a meatball in a football field of spaghetti noodles). Still, it feels like they could... I mean, make some effort, you know? This plan of theirs, it's not really effort. I'm in a queue well over 2,000 mid-day on a weekday. That's crazy.

(06-28-2017, 03:30 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I won't be home for another two hours. I wonder if it'll be back to "normal" by then. Sad

Only one way to find out! I'll be home in two-ish hours as well. We can build a camp fire and sing songs together while we wait. I have a balcony.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Kage - 06-28-2017

The real question is if it improves the queue for those logging in from 4pm-8pm EDT

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Gegenji - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 03:31 PM)Val Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 03:30 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I won't be home for another two hours. I wonder if it'll be back to "normal" by then. Sad

Only one way to find out! I'll be home in two-ish hours as well. We can build a camp fire and sing songs together while we wait. I have a balcony.

Terrible idea, I'm a horrible singer.

(06-28-2017, 03:41 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 03:31 PM)Val Wrote:

Terrible idea, I'm a horrible singer.

Same. We can be bad together! \o/

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Fox - 06-28-2017

:/ So what's the point if people can write scripts to login while they're still at work; and access retainers, etc to afk again? I guess they're hoping that most people don't know how to do this?