Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Mateus] The Grapevine (Monday, July 10th) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Mateus] The Grapevine (Monday, July 10th) (/showthread.php?tid=19756)

The Grapevine (Monday, July 10th) - Greenley - 06-14-2017

[Image: GVFont_zpsoslepr1b.png]

[Image: GVImage_zpsvwikbe2d.png]

What is it?
The Grapevine is a social event akin to speed dating, sans the dating. The goal is not to be large or extravagant, but to promote RP with people you may have not otherwise come across in an event light on chat scroll and heavy on individual attention. 

How does it work?
The Grapevine is hosted by one of four people with a cap of eight participants per event (not including the host). There are four tables with two chairs each. Participants are placed in their seats at random both IC and OOC. This is not an event intended to have people stand and chatter with those they already know! 

Every 30 minutes (Earth time), those in the leftmost chair rotate. IC, there are alarms on each of the tables to let characters know how far into their time they are and there will also be OOC reminders from the host. The event lasts two hours, for a total of four rotations. 

If chat scroll still becomes an issue (the apartments aren't large, after all), players will be encouraged to party with those across the table and emote / say only things everyone else in the room would notice, such as throwing their arms up or shouting. 

When is it?
The first event is TBA. For several obvious reasons, we'll wait for the Stormblood rush to pass. 

Where is it?

Lily Hills in Lavender Beds, Ward 9, Apartment 14

FAQ
I'm worried about taking up a slot. What if I can't make it last minute? 
Fear not, RL happens. Ideally, there will eventually be enough interest we'll have a waiting list. If a participant drops out, we'll go down the waiting list until we find someone interested in joining that day. If all else fails, the host will join the rotation to even out the numbers. 

However, if you know for a fact there are 80% odds you won't be able to make it, please don't take up a slot. 

How do you decide which people participate? 
We're operating on a first come, first serve basis for the time being. If you're the first to get in contact, you're the first on the list. 

I want to join, but my character isn't the type to go to this of their own accord.
If your character realistically would not volunteer themselves after seeing a flyer, they may be harassed into going by a family member / friend, already know one of the hosts (obviously requires some OOC discussion first), or they were randomly pulled in off the streets after a no-show to even out the numbers. We'll do our best to accommodate different character personalities. 

How do I contact you guys? 
For the time being, please either PM me here, post in this thread, or whisper Bray Thatcher in-game. 

Did you know the apartment name is spelled wrong?

We do. The SE filter does not allow use of the word "grape" in naming housing. It's now an IC joke the sign maker spelled it wrong. Your character is free to notice IC.  

Rules
--- This is a strictly lore-friendly/abiding event. For certain issues this is obviously a matter of opinion, but things like white mages, cyborgs from the future, long lost siblings to important NPCs, and other things of that nature are not permitted. 

--- Please do your best on the grammar / spelling front. Perfection is by no means necessary, but posts such as ".........................oh.............." yeah, let's avoid that. 

--- No bombings, people falling over from a wound they haven't gotten treated, or other abrupt spikes of drama without first clearing it with the host. 

--- Less-than-friendly, racist, and so forth characters are welcome to join within reason. If your Highlander has nothing nice to say about anyone and has a seething hatred for all of society to the point they will contribute nothing to the event, leave them home. If for example they have an aversion to Miqo'te and will act more standoffish when paired with one compared to another race, this is completely fine.

RE: The Grapevine - Aziraya - 06-22-2017

Hmm, sounds interesting. I've just returned and am looking for some RP people, so this seems pretty good. Sign me up and keep me updated on when the first time is decided, please!

RE: The Grapevine - Zeizei - 06-24-2017

I'd be interested in attending this!  I'm pretty new to FFXIV and would love an opportunity to meet more people and expand my small circle of friends!

RE: The Grapevine - Greenley - 06-25-2017

Hey all! Between the posts here and people contacting me through discord and PMs, we should have more than enough people for our first event provided there aren't half a dozen no shows. We still don't have a set date due to Stormblood's impending release and all the chaos that may well entail for the servers, but if people would like to start giving us a general idea of what days and times work best for them so we can get a sort of consensus, we would be more than happy to hear your take on things. 

Additionally, we will probably be looking for more hosts in the future. The RP community has expanded rapidly in just the past week and we're all busier with our characters than we ever imagined we would be on this server. 

As always feel free to post here, PM me, or get in touch on discord at Greenley#0160

RE: The Grapevine - Greenley - 07-03-2017

All right, folks. Our goal is now the following: 

Sunday, July 9th 
2 - 4 PM PST
5 - 7 PM EST
4 - 6 PM CST
3 - 5 PM MST 

I'm pretty sure these conversions are all correct. Someone smack me if I'm wrong. 

I will be contacting anyone who asked about it throughout the week to make sure they're still interested and fully expect at least a few will end up being busy at that time, so anyone who wants to tag along, let me know ASAP.

If I haven't talked to you already and you want to contact me first (here or Discord would be best), that'd be super helpful, but I'll get to everyone eventually either way. 

If this goes smoothly this will likely become our regular time, though we haven't decided yet on weekly or bi-weekly.

RE: The Grapevine (Sunday, July 9th) - Greenley - 07-03-2017

Posting twice like the scum of the Earth that I am. As an additional note, we'll also be seeking paid security. Contact me here or on discord if you have a character who would be available / interested in this.

RE: The Grapevine (Monday, July 10th) - Greenley - 07-04-2017

It's come to my attention that Grapevine's host character will be on excavation with his FC the entire week including Sunday. Oops. Due to his inability to clone himself (slacker), the event will be moved to Monday, the 10th at the following times:

7 EST

6 CST
5 MST
4 PST

I'll be contacting all guards / participants who'd planned to attend Sunday to confirm this new time works for them, but anyone who sees this ahead of time, please feel free to contact me and let me know if this is the case for you. Likewise to those who were unable to make Sunday but could make the new time. Thumbsup

Edit: Phone formatting is magic.Â