Hydaelyn Role-Players
ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! (/showthread.php?tid=19674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Kismet - 06-08-2017

I highly doubt it'd be a playable race. Their facial features are too muddled and not distinct enough. There'd be way too little customization... Unless they rushed and put in a kind of low-res model for now, only to update them later? But that'd just be a waste of resources. It's most probable that it's a beast tribe.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Kage - 06-08-2017

There's no way it's coming in Stormblood as playable.

But I remember this art. I wasn't connecting the dots about it with the now. I am reminded about how much I liked it.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Virella - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 01:09 PM)Kage Wrote: There's no way it's coming in Stormblood as playable.

But I remember this art. I wasn't connecting the dots about it with the now. I am reminded about how much I liked it.
I'd prefer wolf people over viera.

Pls SE.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Kage - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 01:28 PM)Virella Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 01:09 PM)Kage Wrote: There's no way it's coming in Stormblood as playable.

Pls SE.
Same.

Bless oukaori for indulging my whims.
[Image: tumblr_inline_or8nj3eSiC1rer8xa_540.gif]

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Lizzo - 06-08-2017

Pls SE.
By the Twelve no, I would muuuuch prefer Viera over these guys as a playable race. Sure they'd just be another 'cutesy' race, but it would be interesting to see how they work in male Hydaelan Viera as opposed to the FFXII Ivalicean Viera (who will hopefully be seen in the 24-man).
However, I'd really like a more 'bestial' playable race in the form of the Bangaa from far deep south in the Sagolii or another desert/mountainous region. Would be quite interesting to see an Au Ra's reaction to seeing a Bangaa - or a Bangaa's reaction to the Amalj'aa - in a RP setting of course.
In regards to the wolfmen, I'm all for them being a beast tribe, as it is more likely judging by their identical faces/heights/body models; probably coming from the Doman steppes along with the Xaela tribes.

Also - Kage, love that you have the Thaumaturge Bros. clip, was quite happily surprised to see them in the trailer.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Jeanne IX - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 02:10 PM)Lizzo Wrote:

Pls SE.
By the Twelve no, I would muuuuch prefer Viera over these guys as a playable race. Sure they'd just be another 'cutesy' race, but it would be interesting to see how they work in male Hydaelan Viera as opposed to the FFXII Ivalicean Viera (who will hopefully be seen in the 24-man).
Yeah, question about that. This Return To Ivalice raid - do we know anything about it, like if it's the actual Ivalice or a place in Hydaelyn named after Ivalive like Doma? I'm firmly in "eh it's okay" territory with FFXII, but Ivalice is probably my favorite setting in the entire series and I'd love seeing more.

As for possible Scion deaths, as long as it's not either of the twins.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Gegenji - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 05:44 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: Yeah, question about that. This Return To Ivalice raid - do we know anything about it, like if it's the actual Ivalice or a place in Hydaelyn named after Ivalive like Doma? I'm firmly in "eh it's okay" territory with FFXII, but Ivalice is probably my favorite setting in the entire series and I'd love seeing more.

Unfortunately, I do believe it's more of the latter. The place may be vaguely inspired by the realm of Ivalice, but it is a Hydaelynian (?) take on it. I believe there was a quote somewhere about it, since I think there were a bunch of similar questions that got asked when the raid name was announced.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - LiadansWhisper - 06-14-2017

(06-08-2017, 09:58 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 05:44 PM)Jeanne IX Wrote: Yeah, question about that. This Return To Ivalice raid - do we know anything about it, like if it's the actual Ivalice or a place in Hydaelyn named after Ivalive like Doma? I'm firmly in "eh it's okay" territory with FFXII, but Ivalice is probably my favorite setting in the entire series and I'd love seeing more.

Unfortunately, I do believe it's more of the latter. The place may be vaguely inspired by the realm of Ivalice, but it is a Hydaelynian (?) take on it. I believe there was a quote somewhere about it, since I think there were a bunch of similar questions that got asked when the raid name was announced.

I thought there was a fairly strong theory that the Ivalice from Vagrant Story and the Ivalice from FFXIV may, in fact, be the same place, just in far separated timelines?

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Jeanne IX - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 01:16 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 09:58 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

I thought there was a fairly strong theory that the Ivalice from Vagrant Story and the Ivalice from FFXIV may, in fact, be the same place, just in far separated timelines?
Vagrant Story's Ivalice is the same one from FFXII and Tactics. There's a book you can find in Vagrant Story recounting Ramza's story, and the religion that the founder of Leá Monde in Vagrant Story was a part of was Light of Kiltia, the same religion in XII.

A short while ago I found this Ivalice timeline someone pieced together.