Hydaelyn Role-Players
ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! (/showthread.php?tid=19674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Kage - 06-07-2017

[youtube]o1Hdr5XIIQs[/youtube]

DEATH FLAG. DEATH FLAG.

THIS BETTER BE A RED HERRING.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Desu Nee - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 10:48 AM)Kage Wrote: [youtube]o1Hdr5XIIQs[/youtube]

DEATH FLAG. DEATH FLAG.

THIS BETTER BE A RED HERRING.
HARCHEFAUNT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Momo - 06-07-2017

I firmly barely cared about any of the Scions, and now this...I don't want anyone to die, yet I know with war approaching someone will have to sacrifice. I even cared about Alisaie for a second there. What are these emotions?! Imagine they are showing us this now, but we will literally have to wait patches and patches for possible retribution on some of these bigger plot points. Torture.

I do really love this war narrative they have created, a sort of microcosm to grow their greater themes in, and show the hardships of the everyday people ruled by Garleans that have a taste for the more sadistic. I can't wait to crush the Empire as time goes on.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Gen Quickpaw - 06-07-2017

The fact that they are showing it in the trailer gives me some hope to hold on to, rarely big plot things are as they appear in trailers.. still.. daaaym that would be heavy if is as appears.

Also. 4.43 seems like someone's back.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - T'ahlia Chelewae - 06-07-2017

I don't think you tip your hand in a trailer like this, so I think it is the same as happens so often in movie trailers, it is likely a tease to make us go "Oh no! I have to see what happens!" But it would be too big a deal to give away in a trailer. I think. (I hope.)

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - cuideag - 06-07-2017

yells A LOT

As if I needed more reasons to be excited for this dang stupid game

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Virella - 06-07-2017

Garlean daddy, purge the Resistance. No seriously, can bring for some good roleplay. I'm excited!

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Sylentmana - 06-07-2017

*Screaming internally* Get hype fam!

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - H.H. - 06-07-2017

#based Zenos finishing what Lolorito started.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Vokcas - 06-07-2017

If you play Revolutions with the launch trailer you can see extra snips off the launch trailer scene. For example Yugiri is present in the same scene with Y'shtola, this is not shown in the launch trailer but it is shown in Revolutions. I don't think SE would make two scenes off the same scene at two separate times.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Martiallais - 06-07-2017

That hype train is going, going, GOOOOOONE. Let's do this!

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Sylentmana - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 02:40 PM)H.H. Wrote: #based Zenos finishing what Lolorito started.

What's up with his weird sword dispenser?

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Cato - 06-07-2017

Well, historically whenever a 'death' is shown in a FFXIV trailer it has almost always been a bait and switch. Y'shtola is also the mascot character for FFXIV so it's highly unlikely that the developers will be bold enough to kill her off for good. At most, I expect that she'll be injured and spend some time recovering.

I do hope for some major deaths, though. It's sorely needed to reduce character bloat and to ensure that the antagonists are actually allowed to be competent rather than beaten back and prevented from enacting their plans at almost every turn.

The trailer is intriguing, though. I'm hoping there's a lot of focus on the horrors of war and that the Eorzeans and their allies go too far to the point where Garlemald ends up becoming more justified in terms of their own assault. After all, at this point the Eorzeans are the opportunistic aggressors as of Baelsar's Wall...and whilst diplomacy would likely fail, I hope there's dire consequences for not trying to make use of it given that the horrors of war are going to get a lot of people killed across the board.

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - Kage - 06-07-2017

(06-07-2017, 03:11 PM)Sylentmana Wrote:
(06-07-2017, 02:40 PM)H.H. Wrote: #based Zenos finishing what Lolorito started.

What's up with his weird sword dispenser?

They modeled Zenos after Raven Branwen duh
[youtube]b-3f2p53Bp0[/youtube]
1 min 23 mark

RE: ENG Stormblood Launch Trailer - Spoiler-y???!!! - LystAP - 06-07-2017

The little speech at 1:50 in the release trailer. Reminds me of the discussion at the end of the ARR Monk 50 quest. Regarding what was it all for. 

These little things, SE. Big Grin