Hydaelyn Role-Players
Interest check: New and veteran performers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Interest check: New and veteran performers (/showthread.php?tid=18972)

Interest check: New and veteran performers - Ciel - 03-27-2017

I've noticed recently that there's been an influx of new players, or long-term players with newer characters, wanting to taking on IC performing.  That's great!  It can be a lot of work, but it can also be very rewarding in terms of rp and the connections which one builds off of stepping into the spotlight.

So here's an idea, and I'm putting this out there before veteran and new, potential performers, since the idea will only function with both parties involved:

How about a performers' workshop or sorts? 

We have a ton of talented, experienced performers on Balmung with a lot to offer to the new blood coming in.  Posting suggestions for them on here time and again is great, but it may benefit the new performers more to actually sit down with some of us who are more experienced and discuss things such as venues, possible genres, performance styles, comfort levels, composing a performance, and finally the delivery.

This is just an interest check for now.  If there are enough veteran performers and new folks interested, we'll look at putting something like this together within the next month or so.

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Amnesic - 03-27-2017

Sounds like a great idea to me! I used to run a bard and a storyteller a long, long while ago, so I'm all for it! I likely won't be doing too many performances in the near future, but it would be neat to be able to see how others are handling it these days. Even if it ends up being just a stickied thread in the Character Workshop subforum, it'll still do a lot of good,

My vote's for it! Big Grin

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - TK Hikaru - 03-27-2017

Chou's an up and coming performer, so any resources involving performing would be awesome.

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Ellmida - 03-27-2017

This would be awesome to have set up. I'm open to coming since Ell is still pretty new and it helps to get pointers

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Kazukata - 03-27-2017

I'm not currently playing a performer, but seeing as I may bring my pve bard over one day, this is still something I'd be interested in.

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Savo - 04-02-2017

I am delighted by this idea.  This is certainly something I'd make time for.

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Nebbs - 04-02-2017

Great idea.. especially the really bad students looking for a worse teacher.. look no further!

Oh! And come join the Bard Rock Cafe LS (& Discord).

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Ciel - 04-02-2017

As it turns out there IS already a FC dedicated as a performance school, so if you're new to performing and looking for ideas and direction, go see those guys. ^^

Isle of Paradise

https://islesofparadise.tumblr.com/

RE: Interest check: New and veteran performers - Andromeda - 05-02-2017

I also know the start-up performance FC Fantasia Players has a lot of members new to performing. Their leader is a friend of mine and is doing a great job mentoring them. There's a fantastic tradition of mentorship among the IC performer community I know, actually, especially people like Savo, Nate Telluride (before my time, sadly) and Tuft. There's also some IC mentorship offered by myself and a couple members of mine at Bandee Pakshee. All this is on Balmung, but I know that there's a small group of performers on Lamia that would take people under their wing as well.

It would be really great, though, for these various groups kinda doing it for themselves/people they know/talent that finds them worked together more. I love seeing companies and groups work together on projects. Now, just have to figure out HOW to do that and we're really rolling.