Hydaelyn Role-Players
Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family (/showthread.php?tid=18331)

Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - cranlet - 01-25-2017

Hello!

I played XIV a while back, quickly dropped it for IRL reasons, then picked it up again on another character I don't RP with. But! Redid my character Melle and her wiki and RPed with her enough to get proper footing on her, so here I am! I was hoping to find longer- term IC connections for her. I'm open to in-game RP or RP through Discord and the forums. I also have a tumblr for Melle for those who prefer RP there.

A little introduction - Melle is a woodworker who adores every single thing she's made and hopes to find loving families for them - from her tiniest accessories and figurines to kitchenware and statues, tables, etc. Though she doesn't usually make bigger pieces unless they're on commission. I'm open to her going through all sorts of RP, including darker/mature themes, but I won't play rape plots and I'm not open to having her die anytime soon.

So! Connections. These would entail some discussion, especially re: past connections.

Friends/acquaintances/customers/enemies
This can be anyone who hangs around Ul'dah or is just visiting! Melle rarely leaves Thanalan, and if she does, it's only to visit the Shroud. Of course, if she made friends elsewhere, she'd be inclined to visit them there. Customers are always welcome!

Business contacts/rivals
She could buy her lumber/carving implements from you, but I understand that and being a rival is too specific to her work. Fellow merchants would be great too, whether they work in the Sapphire Avenue Exchange or not. If you like, they can be established work contacts/buds. Melle has been in Ul'dah since the Calamity.

Past connections
  • Family - I would love siblings for Melle! But, again, her family story is a little specific and I wouldn't want to force a character concept on anyone. If you're interested, though, let's talk! Cousins would probably make things more flexible, if you'd like a family connection.
  • ...anyone else who could've been in her life whether as a close connection or a passing acquaintance from before the Calamity, really, which means if you were hanging around La Noscea and Limsa Lominsa at the time. Let me know if you're interested!

If you're interested, please let me know either on this thread or through PM! You can also add me on Discord and message me there, or on tumblr. Thank you! I look forward to RPing with you guys, hopefully c:

Discord: melle#8009
Wiki
Tumblr

RE: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - Ririla Rila - 01-25-2017

going to poke you on discord!

RE: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - Valence - 01-25-2017

Ah, I would have offered past history/connections since my character used to be in a family of people living off the land and their crafts, but I'm afraid that was in the Shroud so... not very Lominsan.

I like that kind of characters so feel free to poke me for RP though! I might have ideas for wood shenanigans.

RE: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - cranlet - 01-31-2017

Thank you guys for messaging and contacting me in-game! It's fun getting to know you all c:

And a bump! Melle could always use more friends, customers, and family!

RE: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - FaelenGrey - 01-31-2017

Howdy! With my own little Onion being an Ul'dah-ian as well I can see the two running into each other! Be it as friends, business 'partners' or friendly business buddo's! Heck, he's even a Limsa snot, the potential...

RE: Woodworker LF friends, business contacts, and possibly family - C'io Behkt - 02-07-2017

Just to let you know that I've also sent you a DM request on Discord! Really strangely, our times online match perfectly (rare for me!). It's very likely that Melle was one of the good employers that C'io found in her early days at Ul'dah -- she's done courierwork and is an adept gatherer, so while it may not be that Melle was a bulk customer, she could have very much been one receiving very specific cuts.

In Japan, I know one of the last woodblock carvers left, and when I visit him he tells me about how difficult it is to carve now compared to before since the old supplier of block wood died and never passed on his secrets. The old wood, apparently, was carefully selected for its grain and age so that it could be finely chipped at with uniform resistance in a specific direction. It's really amazing how interdependent these artisan crafts are, but also particularly sad when the supply chains begin to die out without successors and affect everyone involved.