Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rosa, the Thieves' Guild (Inactive) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild (Inactive) (/showthread.php?tid=1820)

Rosa, the Thieves' Guild (Inactive) - Sienna - 03-29-2013

[Image: 50976ee0c16e4d04269807e1-rosa2gw.png]
The Thieves' Guild

Rosa, the great thieves' guil-"

"Actually, I prefer the term Treasure Hunters"

"Right. Rosa, the great Treasure Hunters' guild. People from all over Eorzea have come to be a part of it, seeking wealth, glory, and power. Others have joined for the adventure. What are you here for?"

~ Biggs and Garlden of Rosa.

(( Rosa is a Linkshell returning after 1+ year hiatus during 1.0 - The theme, as the name implies, is Treasure hunters and thieves fitting the Final Fantasy style and lore. Click the Basic Info tab for more! ))

RE: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild - Sienna - 07-09-2013

Guild website (http://rosa.shivtr.com) is ready to go with forums and applications active. If you're interested in this LS, feel free to PM me or ask me questions on Skype (Harmonywins) - or simply sign up!

RE: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild - Kitty Wizard - 07-16-2013

(07-09-2013, 03:47 PM)Sienna Wrote: Guild website (http://rosa.shivtr.com) is ready to go with forums and applications active. If you're interested in this LS, feel free to PM me or ask me questions on Skype (Harmonywins) - or simply sign up!
Edit - Meant this to be a PM, but I guess I'm tired and clicked the wrong button! 8D; *Rolls with it* Sorry if I made your thread less spiffy. ._.

\o/ Hello there! I was just wondering - would I be able to apply to Rosa? Big Grin At the time of ARR, Cima's been working through her friend's pawnshop and acquiring/exchanging all sorts of goods. She's fond of shinies, and seems like she may fit the bill! x3 Feel free to direct me somewhere if I need to write up a formal application and what-not! :3

RE: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild - Sienna - 07-16-2013

Heya! I dropped you a PM in response to this. ^^ Please check it out~

RE: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild - Sienna - 07-21-2013

Been fleshing out the Lore recently, for any interested you can view the current entries here: Rosa Lore.

RE: Rosa, the Thieves' Guild - BusyJay - 08-07-2013

Hi i'm extremely intrested in joining. I'm going to be playing on the ps3 and i haven't roleplayed before and i'm new to ff14, but im willing to learn so i hope that's ok with you.

Q&A Session 1 - Sienna - 08-15-2013

During our meetings, there'll be opportunities to ask questions and get/give feedback. Here is the Q&A session from our first Rosa OOC Meet that occurred Monday 12th of August, 2013.

-------------

Sienna: So this section is.. Q&A! 

What do you want to know about Rosa? Our Lore, our OOC plans for the game, our IC plans for the game, etc.

Claire: As a thieves guild, how exactly will we...steal? or is that a dumb question?

As for stealing. It's mostly RP fun. Your character sneaks an apple from a stall, or breaks into a merchant's home at night, or raids a tomb, etc. Just keep in mind that we're not trying to be the super-thieves or renowned. We're not the main characters of the game, we're the interesting minor characters people want to know more about.

Rosa is a hidden group, it was such throughout 1.0 and was ICly prior to the gamelaunch. They are thieves, treasure hunters, or just people who are there through family/birth. They're not wanting to have Rosa become well known as it means they will be sought out and hunted. Too much to deal with to simply make Gil. When the thief jobclass inevitabely comes out? Welp, use [Steal] and get robbing those mobs ICly! 

For now it's more of a roleplaying aspect (you could request IC permission to pickpocket other peoples' characters, etc.) outside of dungeon raids. Those will be fun to RP out, so long as you keep in mind they have time limits in XIV. It's more a case of RP they're going in, do the missions, pretend it was IC (Wtihout breaking character. If your character is a PUG but you're rolling WHM to get through the event you can just pretend they're PUG.) outside of, y'know, beating the bignasty boss that is only supposed to be able to be defeated by the one true hero kind've character.

Kanko Charm: What are your goals for Rosa?

Rosa's goals are to have a large, relaxed, IC environment for the thief-y type characters. Sienna was born within Rosa, her parents were members since near the beginning of it's formation, so it's not like we invite ONLY THIEVES.

I want Rosa to have a big number of people, because I want it to have the whole big-family vibe we envisioned when it was concepted back in 1.9. 

There will be storyline events, important ones that anyone can be involved in if they want to be. There will also be IC adventures, parties, quests, etc. that, again, anyone can get involved in or even set up!

Within a few months of Live, when things settle, we'll be looking to recruit DMs (you can apply) to help organise events. I think myself a good event planner, but even TV shows have guest writers for episodes y'know?

The main thing for Rosa is:
Your character is treated like family. Your character treats the other members like family. If your character wants to go on a treasure hunt, people will want to help out (so long as it's reasonable) and vice versa. 

Members chip in to a Rosa "bank" similar to guild banks, but ICly it's more so to ensure no member of Rosa goes without food or drink, etc. We look out for our own, yeah?

Outside of that, ICLY there are no major specific goals. OOCly there'll be fun adventures, storylines, and quests. Smile

Kanko Charm: How do you plan to counter the effect of big numbers?

For large numbers, we'll take that as it comes. Rosa could never go over 25 members. It could also go to 100 dependant on popularity. By the time we need to worry about numbers, we'll get more mods and second-in-commands. 

Keona: For guild events, I enjoy running like smaller dungeon groups (4 man content for FFXIV) and is the kind of "treasure hunt/hiest" that I was refering to Keona enjoying strategizing. Is that okay for me to set things up like that in advance and treat it as a guild event?

In regards to dungeon raids, not everything has to involve all members. Like I said, you can join events if you want to, so there'll be times where Sienna grabbed CeCe, Keona, and Xene for example and goes searching for something because they were around at the time.

Or, it could easilly be done on a day where we set up multiple parties and just run through it and pretend it was together, split up, etc.

TLDR, yeah that's cool.

Keona: so what about like.. end game and that stuff? Do we have any plans for that as a guild? Did they ever make endgame content for large groups?

Oh man. All the raids. I am endgame orientated and always have been. I'm also hardcore RP.Endgame will be 8man and 24man currently, though, if you're wanting to run the 24man when it releases you're gonna want to be seriously geared out. XIV doesn't do endgame easymode

On this topic, Rosa will be a Linkshell. I'll be forming a FC seperately that members of Rosa can join and RP in, but it'll be open invite to anyone. It is not a Roleplaying Free Company by design. The goal for the FC will be to get as high up on the ladder as possible, and get a good, solid community of people who are heavy into their Endgame.

Kanko Charm: Internal IC conflict, how will that be met with? Obviously Kanko's somewhat confrontational... so is this something I'll suffer for OOCly as well as IC?

In families, any family, there's conflict. There's arguments, there's fights, and there's times where you don't talk to a sibling or relative for months. But in the end, you're still family.

So long as it's remembered that, in the end, Rosa is 'family', it ends when it ends. 

However. If a member of Rosa decides to betray one or more fellow members, do something overly violent, or cause risk for Rosa and the inhabitents as a whole? You'll be lucky to leave alive. 

It'd be a case of you're exiled, you hand in your key (someone ask me about this after), and you'll have people watching you from then on out. If you speak of Rosa or try to bring the family down? It'd be on par with someone trying to bring down a mafia family.

Keep in mind, that's IC. I'm not gonna godmode and kill your character off because of a fight.

Nahue/Isabel: There's also initiations to scare the crap out of little cat boys.

Not everyone goes through initiation. Only those who are personalities like "LET ME IN TO ROSA. I WANT TO BE THERE, OR ELSE!" Some are invited through family or other means.

Xenedra: How will you decide that?

Based on how you want to join. Nahue joined because he knew Sienna. They got along enough for her to be able to vouch and get him in.

It's also more of.. Whether the leader at the time wants' to just for-the-hell-of-it initate someone because they have a personality or attribute they deem warrants it.

Kanko was very aggressive in his way of wanting in Rosa, he was also asking about it enough to have them watching him for a while. So for him? Initiation.

If Aadolfiia is robbing a tomb and your character helps out through coincidence or fate, etc. and they get along? She might just outright invite them to join if she feels they'd fit and could be trusted.

TLDR, Initiation is more for the rowdy types. Though, once in,  a guy might get thrown into an initiation by the other guys as a way of welcoming them. Like banter, but with a pain-in-the-arse task.