Hydaelyn Role-Players
Europe? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Europe? (/showthread.php?tid=17997)

Europe? - Rylder - 12-25-2016

Hello roleplayers!

I recently returned to Eorzea after some time off, due to other matters. I currently play on PHOENIX server, but I do miss the roleplay that I am used to on other games.

My question is this: is there european roleplayers on BALMNUG aswell? I would dread to go over to the sever, only to find little of people from europe!

Also! Daytimes in the game. Since I am from EU, will I mostly experience night when it is day here and such? Not sure how the gametime is related to the real world..

RE: Europe? - Faye - 12-25-2016

Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin There are plenty of EU players on Balmung, and even some linkshells devoted to them and FC's based in EU time. The in game night/day cycle goes by very quickly and will not be affected by your real life timezone.

RE: Europe? - Virella - 12-25-2016

Hey there.

Day night cycle goes super fast in game, so people just tend to ignore it completely. There's a few LSes who are for EU only folk. We do have on Tumblr page keeping up with EU friendly events. There's a discord or two as well I believe. In any case, I'd suggest poking the people who run that Tumblr page to help you out ^^

https://balmung-eu.tumblr.com/

RE: Europe? - Rylder - 12-25-2016

Yay! Thank you everyone!

I will be making my way to Balmung then - I sense a better, immersive adventure on the way!

Thanks all!

Will be known as Rylder in game, should we ever cross paths!

RE: Europe? - Nebbs - 12-25-2016

Balmung is active most of the time but events tend to be NA (EST to PST) timings. However, there is an active set that run more EU friendly times (EU evenings).

There are so many RPers on Balmung you can find pretty much what you want, as well as what you don't want Smile. The choice is down to you.

I personally find things quite light until around 3pm GMT (That's daily reset time) and for RP that seems to pick up around 7pm GMT and really kick in 10pm GMT. You can even find folks still going in the mornings the NA night owls as well as Australia etc..

So for me I get the chores done (dailies, gathering, crafting) while it is quiet and then focus the RP for later in the evening. 

There are EU focused Free Companies too (guilds) as well as many Link Shells, and Discord/Skype chats running. Though with most things social the 1:10:100 rule seems to apply (1 active, 10 engaged, 100 passive). You get out what you put in.

Balmung population is big, so I am guessing even at off peek in the EU hours the RP activity is still above an EU server.

Your big problem is that creating new characters on Balmung is hard as it is locked most of the time. The only sure way to get here is server transfer (just create a load of alt slots before you do it).

These are not comprehensive but capture a lot:

RE: Europe? - Rylder - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 07:08 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Balmung is active most of the time but events tend to be NA (EST to PST) timings. However, there is an active set that run more EU friendly times (EU evenings).

There are so many RPers on Balmung you can find pretty much what you want, as well as what you don't want Smile. The choice is down to you.

I personally find things quite light until around 3pm GMT (That's daily reset time) and for RP that seems to pick up around 7pm GMT and really kick in 10pm GMT. You can even find folks still going in the mornings the NA night owls as well as Australia etc..

So for me I get the chores done (dailies, gathering, crafting) while it is quiet and then focus the RP for later in the evening. 

There are EU focused Free Companies too (guilds) as well as many Link Shells, and Discord/Skype chats running. Though with most things social the 1:10:100 rule seems to apply (1 active, 10 engaged, 100 passive). You get out what you put in.

Balmung population is big, so I am guessing even at off peek in the EU hours the RP activity is still above an EU server.

Your big problem is that creating new characters on Balmung is hard as it is locked most of the time. The only sure way to get here is server transfer (just create a load of alt slots before you do it).

These are not comprehensive but capture a lot:

Thank you for a nice summary of the server! I transferred, and indeed, the RP is all around!

Thanks everyone!

RE: Europe? - sima - 01-13-2017

Welcome back!

I'm from the UK and I'm playing on Balmung. Haven't ran into any issues at all with finding other RPers, you'll be glad to know. :+) There seems to be a LOT of European players on the server. There are Linkshells dedicated to EU timezones, but if you were to join any Linkshell, more often than not there will be a handful of players in it who are also from Europe.

RE: Europe? - Aya - 01-13-2017

(12-25-2016, 07:58 PM)Rylder Wrote: Thank you for a nice summary of the server! I transferred, and indeed, the RP is all around!

Thanks everyone!
Weeeeeelcome to Balmung and the RPC!

Even if I may never see you...!

Day and night are what you make of them!  I usually go by NA times (as an American that's pretty natural, but I did it while overseas as well) but any scene you play you can play as any time of day!

The actual in-game day-night cycle is so fast that it has to be ignored or else you would have your head spinning :-D

RE: Europe? - Thunderbolt300 - 01-13-2017

Welcome aboard to the RPC and hopefully to Balmung as well! Thumbsup

There's definitely a strong EU population on Balmung- at the very least, I know the Mischief's Coven has a good number of EU players, though I'm in CST myself.

RE: Europe? - Swanmay - 01-13-2017

Hello! And welcome back! I'm in GMT myself, so I know it's somewhat off-putting to find the only big RP hub of the game be a US server. But rest assured there is an extensive EU community, and Balmung (while very quiet) is an active server pretty much 24/7.

The Eurpoa Linkshell always has people online. I'm in it myself, and the people are really nice. It's quiet though, which isn't a bad thing at all.

RE: Europe? - Rosamund - 01-13-2017

Just going to add that yes, there's plenty of us from the EU here! The bigger crowds tend to be at somewhat unsociable hours for us but there's still a lot of RP going round at almost every hour of the day or night, so I'm quite happy to be on Balmung!