Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Flynn Rosenberg - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Flynn Rosenberg (/showthread.php?tid=17839)

Flynn Rosenberg - Flynn Rosenberg - 12-04-2016

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:Flynn Rosenberg
  • Primary character:Flynn Rosenberg
  • Linkshells:Europa, Hugs and Cake, Crystalline
  • Primary RP linkshell:Crystalline

[*]

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium? Heavy on following the lore as close as possible, light on activity. Cannot promise to be there every certain day of the week.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • All comes down to trust and how fun the players are having. I prefer RP combat with NPCs, found no reason to start with players unless they are generally evil trying to start something. Injuries, keep it family friendly. I don't like seeing how descriptive you can be at showing how much gore you can shove in. Also down to players and what they want to happen to their character.

• Views on IC romance:
  • All good. Flynn has been happily married IC for a long time.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Difficult. For family RP you either RP them as NPCs or have other players RP as said family member. I've had two friends who were the closest to family Flynn had at the time, but the players gave up on the game too quickly, so now they're gone or either retconned. Parents? His dad's still alive, just not nearby. He hasn't fallen into the dead parents category yet.

• Views on lore:
  • Important, I try to learn as much as I can to apply to my character and RP. I like to think of Flynn as an NPC you can interact with if you played the game. I refuse to break it or ignore it, or interact with players who do both. If you want to do that, I think that's fine. But in an MMO it is usually best kept to small groups out of public.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • /say is for talking, /linkshell can be IC or OOC, depends on the owner. /em is for emotes and extending conversations. /yell I generally don't see it as IC in public unless an event is being hosted and they need to use it. /shout definitely not IC. /whisper if you use "" I will see it as IC.
  • I will point out though the latest trend in using /say and /em weirdly has confused me. For example, in /say a lot of people RP talking with ""s, sometimes without. But when someone uses /say for an emote of sort, (Eg. Flynn R: Scratches his nose), I will probably automatically respond IC with "Who scratches who's nose?" Don't we have /em and /party for that?
  • And also the text waster. (Eg. Flynn R: /em //Flynn Rosenberg scratches his nose).

[*]

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone:GMT 0:00
  • Contact info:Discord: JJDunn#0012 - Skype: darkjj25 - Steam: JJDunn - Or just contact me here or ingame.