Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ (/showthread.php?tid=17564)

Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Chompie - 10-22-2016

Are you a collector of lost relics? Does your company safeguard knowledge man was not meant to know? Or are you sometimes responsible for strange artifacts?

BOY DO I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU!

Even if you're an underworld group with a few pesky doodads you're stuck with, or a company who just happens to have a small pile of magical mystery ritual tools captured or discarded from other jobs, I want RP from you!

----

Looking for characters who are:
- Leaders / Members of companies that hold relics!!
- Merchants or marketeers who deal in magic items
- Hired Guards
- Counterfeit crafters

I play a character who is:
- Audaciously bold
- Excited by the unknown
- Reverent of the strangest things
- A Scoundrelous Nuisance

----

(I realize I'm being extremely vague, but that's because I'm in the Bubbling Mind state of forward-thinking, where there are many ideas but it seems a shame to just throw em out into the void without proper tinkering and improving!)

There are quite a few angles to the subject of Artifacts I'd like to explore and play with, and that means collaborating with others and meeting new people!
So if you see yourself anywhere on that bulleted list, or if you have any ideas sparkling in your head from reading here: Hit me up, let's talk and collude and put together stories big and small that will be fun to make and fun for everyone else too!

EDIT: Heyyy I just remembered it's probably important to mention that it's rare for me to be in-game before 8pm Pacific time / 10pm Central / 11pm Eastern, with the occasional weekday opening.

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - arkamas - 10-24-2016

One of my mains is an archaeologist, specializing in the study of the war of magi.  So he has a hefty collection of artifacts hes accumulated over the years.  What sirt of ideas did you have?

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - S'imba - 10-24-2016

Well S'imba has a few relics...Cervantes has a good collection of relics he'd probably sell off or trade.

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - GhostlyMaiden - 10-24-2016

I HEARD RELICS?!

The Limitless Reliquary is FC focused on relic hunting and safekeeping relics. We often take contracts from people who perhaps had a relic stolen from them, or trying to seek out a relic that they have been unable to find on their own.

As you mention, the information you're giving is a bit vague so I hope that with further discussion, we can work something out.

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Syranelle Ironleaf - 10-24-2016

The Chroniclers specialize in spelunking and artifact/relic recovery, as well as the knowledge, archival, and lore on the same.  You're welcome to look us up any time, Arblis!  ^_^

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Verad - 10-24-2016

I will gladly sell you pre-relics which do not yet have historical value but function well for speculative purposes. you can also rummage around the miscellaneous section of the inventory; there is usually some kind of world-ending ancient device in there somewhere.

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Chompie - 10-25-2016

I did not expect suddenly tons of response! ( also hello! Big Grin )

I'll try to start with specifics here, before I hit Post without ever actually saying anything-

Arblis' main jobs (general adventuring, and being responsible for the safety and well-being of quite a few people) often require things beyond her abilities. And so she very frequently goes around keeping an eye out for:
- Unusual items for the element of surprise. (Because alchemic nonsense doesn't always cut it)
- Makeshift and nonlethal weaponry. (People are hard to talk down while actively trying to kill you. It's weird!)
- Investigation and tracking tools. (Number of successful missions to find a person who doesn't want to be found: 0. Number of other people's tracking missions utterly borked: At least 3.)

For other RP that isn't just the exchange of items, a lot of it comes down to "I enjoy technobabble and making up plausible and interesting things that could be in the world." Some of the things I'd love to do include:
- Silly tinkering with protective wards and alarm systems, and technobabbling together about how they work
- OOC making ancient puzzles
- "Liberating" poor neglected artifacts.

And lastly but probably the biggest one- Exploring "useless" items. Helping people escape from 'cursed' or 'useless' or 'just plain annoying' items, and seeing those things for the beautiful special little crafted children that they are.

And I'm sure I forgot to list some ideas!

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Deahfel - 11-10-2016

Hello Arblis,

I have a line on a missing artifact that our FC has been doing some digging into. I would like to sit down with you and see if we can help each other out. It seems this has attracted some unwanted attention as we have had some eavesdroppers attempting to keep us from making further progress. I would request that we meet in a secure location for everyone's safety.

I hope you can assist in this matter with your expertise.
~Deahfel Pharasma

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Parvacake - 11-10-2016

I'd say give a poke at BL-RP! Might be something the FC would be interested in. Same with SkyRP and the Glass Sylph LS!

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Serenity - 11-10-2016

Serenity's been on the hunt for summoner relics as of late. She's up to three pieces of ancient pieces as well as an old grimoire . 

Depending on your ideas you could send me a message

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Zanther - 11-18-2016

My char tends to delve into ruins looking for items, or releasing them off people he feels would not take care of them or use them for a possible sinister thing. He keeps some (mostly books) while selling others to creditable people and museums.

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - luxemas - 11-18-2016

Hey! So Tali'ra is basically an Antiquarian and Historian. While his primary findings are most commonly books, tomes, scrolls, etc. he's still always on the lookout for any sort of strange curiosities and relics.

The FC I'm part of is about to start a larger campaign focused around "exploring the realm" but I'm hoping this leads to some good findings for him! If you'd like I could keep you posted on anything he himself is looking into, but I'll be sure to follow up in case some more interesting things start happening :3

RE: Seeking artifacts and the people who hold them~ - Renault Delumiere - 11-20-2016

Hi!

My character has what you might consider an "Artifact." It is a pendant which contains the Aether of a fire spirit (very powerful fire elemental.) He summoned it once a long time ago which lead in quite a bit of mayhem, and ultimately needed the help of about 10 others to seal it away again.

I would be up him getting it stolen/taken/bought away from him. My IGN is Stefan Delumiere if you'd like to reach out and set it up.