Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Searching for LGBT RP group - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Searching for LGBT RP group (/showthread.php?tid=17055)

Pages: 1 2

Searching for LGBT RP group - Bastion_Bunansa - 08-25-2016

Having recently gotten inyo Balmung, I'm eagerly looking for a group to RP with. Looking for a primarily LGBT group, but am open to others who are accepting of such players.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Virella - 08-25-2016

The whole server.

You are welcome.

No really, the whole server is LGBT pro, seeming everyone else spits out backwards rednecks. You're welcome Tongue

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Rusty Knight - 08-25-2016

So to clarify;

Are you looking for a group of people who OOCly accept LGBT players (OCly) or are you looking for a group to roleplay specifically LGBT themes?

I think you'll struggle to find on Balmung many people who are not LGBT friendly.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Kilieit - 08-25-2016

I'd also like to ask whether you're looking for a group that's just LGBT players, or a group that has open recruitment + policies to welcome/protect LGBT folks.

Either is fine, they're just quite different things as far as recommendations go!

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Bastion_Bunansa - 08-25-2016

Well, RPing LGBT themes is what I'm used to, so I guess you could say that's what I'm looking for.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Kellach Woods - 08-25-2016

Unfortunately I can't think of any RP group that specifically concentrates on LGBT storylines. A lot of us play LGBT characters embedded in regular groups and typically weave themes in there. Eorzea is a lot more accepting of these things than other fictional universes. These themes'll show up in more light-hearted functions (e.g. - same-sex bonding) than anything else.

If that's what you're looking for then I'd just start looking for a regular group and then ask around if they've a reputation for being dicks to LGBT.

The group I'm currently a part of is obviously not adverse to the LGBT, considering the amount of same-sex relationships we have in there.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Jana - 08-25-2016

I'm not sure what an LGBT theme entails. I don't think you mean "courtesans" or ERP, right? We have plenty of both if that's what you meant. But if you just mean LGBT characters doing stuff, there are plenty around without being in specific groups for it (at least for the LGB; I've yet to met any trans characters since plenty of people OOCly accept Fantasia as a thing.)

(08-25-2016, 05:38 PM)Jana Wrote: (at least for the LGB; I've yet to met any trans characters since plenty of people OOCly accept Fantasia as a thing.)

Show Content

Anyway, yeah. I think like 99% of the characters in my FC are some variation on LGBPA+ and/or non-cisgender. Quite a lot of the characters I've met out and about have a same-gender romantic partner.

Are you after...
...romance RP that follows the development and story of a same-gender couple including your character and another?
...drama RP revolving around difficulties that couples could face in a world as politically harsh as Eorzea, including same-gender couples?(*See below for clarification)
...slice-of-life RP revolving around your LBGPA+/trans character's general social life; or around helping transgender characters obtain alterations to alleviate dysphoria, and/or helping LGBPA+ characters find matches?
...action RP that happens to prominently involve LGBPA+ and trans characters?
...intrigue RP that happens to prominently involve LGBPA+ and trans characters?
...something else?
...all of the above?

Because all those things (and more I haven't thought of) could fit the bill, and you're gonna get different LS/FC recommendations for each xD

I say in my RPer profile that people should ideally enjoy LGBT+ themes if they want to enjoy RPing with me. I put that in to broadcast the fact that my RP will include characters who are LGBT+, and that I'm not really comfortable muting or removing those aspects of my character for the dubious comfort of people who dislike them.

But the RP I actually do tends to just be... RP, haha. This week just gone my character helped remove an active bomb from the underside of a deck. The week before that he was building trust with his datefriends. The week before that he was doing his dayjob as a fisherman. All of that could be described as "LGBT RP" based on the fact my character is pansexual and trans - or it could be described as action RP, romance RP, slice-of-life RP.

If you give us a storytelling genre, we'll probably know better where to point you :D

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Virella - 08-25-2016

Quote:...drama RP revolving around difficulties that couples could face in a world as politically harsh as Eorzea, including same-gender couples?

No no no. Absolutely No. Please don't bring this up as a super duper storyline plot...

Homosexuality, bisexuality, is NOT a topic in Eorzea's politics, because people frankly enough do not care.

I beg you, please don't bring real life politics in a setting there it really doesn't it belong. I love Eorzea being cool about sexuality. Surely there can be gay-hating individuals, but Eorzea as a whole doesn't have an issue with any sexuality so far in lore.

I'm one of the more gritty roleplayers, but I don't go against lore. Please don't create an issues out of something progressive in this setting for a change <3 I mean, man, we got all these Eorzeans not given a fudge about sexuality for a change, and are accepting, unlike a lot of other settings and real life, why rain down onto that parade?

Please scroll down to my section on Homosexuality in Eorzea for further examples.

Interracial couples on the other hand, those are shunned from time to time, yes. Not same sex couples.

Unless, if the person was going to say that as an argument to roleplay such, and you were going to explain after about Eorzea being cool with this stuff, then kudos!

I mean, like...

"Person A and Person B aren't allowed to marry, because house politics! But they love each other!
(Also they're both dudes/both ladies, because we don't need a reason for that.)"

The same kinda drama stuff you get for straight couples.

But not happening just to straight couples.

Sorry I was unclear, my bad xD

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Kellach Woods - 08-25-2016

(08-25-2016, 07:12 PM)Virella Wrote: Interracial couples on the other hand, those are shunned from time to time, yes. Not same sex couples.

Yeah, these are definitely more shunned (I'd go ahead and say a lot of peeps don't approve of the idea). Else we wouldn't have the option to even bind to same-sex.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-25-2016

Well this thread has gotten off track.

My FC is LGBT friendly (As in probably half of us are lgbt in some way). However our recruitment process can be slow. Poke me if you're ever interested.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Valence - 08-26-2016

(08-25-2016, 07:25 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 07:12 PM)Virella Wrote: Interracial couples on the other hand, those are shunned from time to time, yes. Not same sex couples.

Yeah, these are definitely more shunned (I'd go ahead and say a lot of peeps don't approve of the idea). Else we wouldn't have the option to even bind to same-sex.

It's not just a lot of peeps. It's said clearly by the devs that is rarely happens because most races are super wary of each other and actually live together because they have to, not because they like each other. They tolerate working with other races, but except for adventurers, most people will shun interracial relationships the same way they did IRL not even 2 centuries ago. It's not just like today where it's just frowned upon in a certain amount of places, or unconsciously disliked. It's way deeper than that.

And honestly, when you think about it, it's not just skin colour and other small phenotype variations. There is a huge world of difference between something as small as black vs white people, and the gap between roes, auri, miqo'te, lalafells...

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - Etoile - 08-26-2016

(08-25-2016, 04:29 PM)Bastion_Bunansa Wrote: Well, RPing LGBT themes is what I'm used to, so I guess you could say that's what I'm looking for.

I'm thinking of switching over to the RP server, so I might be up for this. Depends on the details.

RE: Searching for LGBT RP group - MaverickMissy - 08-26-2016

Not sure if anyone pointed this one out, but there is this FC if it has anything to do with what you're looking for: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9236179148295155668/