Hydaelyn Role-Players
John Spiegel - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: John Spiegel (/showthread.php?tid=1675)

John Spiegel - John Spiegel - 02-15-2013

I. Basic Info[/b] 

• Characters: John Spiegel, Alex Silversheath, Grace Silversheath

• Primary character: John Spiegel

• Linkshells: Crystalline

• Primary RP linkshell: Crystalline

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Heavy. IC as much as possible.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:  While combat and injuries are an inevitability, I do not condone someone coming up and just decapitating my character. Depending on the severity of the combat or intent of the attacker, I am not opposed to rolling with it to a point. I am cool with someone coming up and getting a cheap shot/cutting one of my characters but anything past that (broken bones, stabbing, etc), I would like to discuss that.

In terms of combat, I don’t really have a solid rubric for that. While one of my characters (John) is a seasoned fighter, that doesn’t mean some nobody Miq’ote couldn’t use their agility and out-maneuver JJ or of that sort or JJ just gets his ass kicked. But I don’t condone straight up godmodding (*person turns into an invisible mist and summons Ragnarok*). I am a completely reasonable dude, just talk to me.

• Views on IC romance: I'm cool with it or whatever.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc): Let’s just talk that out!

• Views on lore:  I prefer to stick to the lore as much as possible. When you can go from being dead to being an angelic vampire one week, to being a Roeg to a hyr another week, my BS flag rolls up. There may be areas that are allowable for interpretation, but no exaggeration is wanted.

As for JJ, his beginnings are humble. Orphan/street kid turnedadventurer turned badass adventurer turned badass adventurer husband turned husband daddy badass adventurer turned widower daddy etc etc etc.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc): For /say, it really is situational. I have memories of being mocked and crap then switching to /party. As for /linkshell, that should be straight up IC unless there’s dire need for OOC. If it happens on the pearl and is significant, you can’t prevent someone else on the pearl to try to get to that location and intervene (notice how I said try and location, not just magic warp stuff). Also, /party should be constrained to proximal actions and talk, not some sort of trans-nation magic RP room.

If, for example, someone wished to snoop in on Alex and Eva having tea. Well, they would have to physically be close to hear and in the event heckling happens, a quick /tell saying you’re close and snooping would be cool and you’d be added to the party.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: UTC -6(Central Standard Time)

• Contact info: PM this RPC account or over on Crystalline. If you don’t get a response within a reasonable amount of time on the RPC, and aren’t on Crystalline, ask someone who is to poke me with a stick. Or in game! John Spiegel, Alex Silversheath or Grace Silversheath. They're all me.

RE: John Spiegel - Renaise - 02-16-2013

Holy crap-balls it's a JJ!

RE: John Spiegel - John Spiegel - 02-16-2013

And I don't do windows. 

Deal with it. Cool

RE: John Spiegel - John Spiegel - 10-18-2013

UPDATEDDDDDDDDDD

Never made the "JJ-Roeg" (yet), main reason for update are my three characters:

John Spiegel
Alex Silversheath
Grace Silversheath

If you see them, they're meeeeeeee!