Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST (/showthread.php?tid=16246)

Pages: 1 2

A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Telluride - 05-26-2016

My words fly up; my thoughts remain below. Words without thoughts never to heaven go

"What bothers me? Why do I mope? I thought I was getting justice... but I am tainted by the pain I have invoked."

"What are you going to do about it, then?"

"I don't know! I can't dispel this... weight...from my thoughts..."

"I taught you better than that, my boy. You're a bard. So, you played a sour note? You do what bards bloody well do, what we have always done. If your solo turns out flat, get the band together, and stop hogging the stage, even if it is the one in your own head."

You've had a time to dance, a time to laugh, a time to yearn for perfect bodies and ribald minds. But perhaps there's something missing. Or at least, that's what one bard is feeling right now. You can imagine him arguing with himself, like so...

So, what's to be done?

Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you, or are you unforgiven, too?

Grab your instrument, put your quill in the ink, and prepare your voice, because sometimes we just need a new dawn. Assemble and join with the bards and storytellers of Eorzea yet again for a mission of mercy, and spread the message of hope in the latest of our recurring series of shows:

A Show of Redemption

All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces...

When: Sunday, June 12, 3pm EST

Where: Nald's Reflection, Southern Thanalan

[Image: 3663816.jpg]

And the flowers bloom like madness in the Spring

Performance Roster

Jancis Milburga
Leanne Delphium
Jana Ridah
Marcellain Chevallier
Bastien Felicieux
Raeje Draeka
Renaux Mercier
Nathan Telluride

[Image: 3663815.jpg]

Oh mother, tell your children not to do what I have done

Your host, Nathan Telluride, calls upon you and yours to add your ears and voices to a tribute to absolution. Performers and speakers of all sorts across the Balmung community are called to prepare a 3-8 minute presentation - song, stories, acts, speeches, personal accounts - for the following theme:

Redemption: The Possibility of Dawn

For this theme, performers are asked to present their unique takes on the subject of personal redemption. Do you seek it? Is it possible? Do you have experience with it? What is your relationship with it?

I try to socialize, but I can't seem to find what I was looking for, got something on my mind

Guidelines for Performers.

- This show is meant to be open to the general RP community, so please maintain a level of performance that attests to the theme and does so in a "T for Teen" fashion.

- We ask, for this event, that each performer prepares and gives one presentation, to allow the event to run in timely fashion, and so that new voices as well as veterans of the stage have a chance to shine.

- For everyone's benefit, please have your performance prepared ahead of time, either as a macro (if you're more hardcore than your host) or simply as pre-written lines. We want to feel the depth of your offerings, not the length of the wait time.

- We will be using /yell for performances; the venue is fairly well out of the way of typical traffic, so prepare accordingly.

Dawn is breaking everywhere; light a candle, curse the glare; draw the curtains, I don't care..

Notices for All Attendees

- During performances, as usual, we ask that audience chat that would normally go into /say, /em or /yell be kept in /party chat, and that attendees form into parties to be able to have fun and RP while still allowing others to enjoy the performances.

- We will have a 15-20 minute intermission at around the halfway point of the show, if the roster is sufficient to justify it.

- After the official performances, the stage will be opened for special IC testimonies. Members of the audience will have a chance to step up an offer a brief personal thanks or dedication to someone in their characters' IC lives who has inspired them to become better people.

What should a man do but be merry?

Upon the conclusion of our program, we will offer a few final words and thanks from the host, and a brief update regarding future shows.

But I have that within which passeth show, these but the trappings and the suits of woe

Come on out and inspire us, or make us feel, or, if nothing else, to give a certain bard a good kick in the rear when he most needs one. If you're a little confused, this story may clarify a few things:

Resonance - A Serial Tale

They say it's darkest right before the dawn, but, oh, those darkest hours can be so long...

"What bothers you? You don't sound well," the goddess said to the bard.

[Image: latest?cb=20080728023808]

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are
hurting one another, Eorzea is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

"What is the matter with that, if it is what you want to do?"

"But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it!"

"Oh, well, then stop."

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Savo - 05-26-2016

Yay!  Sign up one sewer cat!
[Image: fishb.jpg]

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Telluride - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 01:47 PM)Savo Wrote: Yay!  Sign up one sewer cat!
[Image: fishb.jpg]

That's one and updated.

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Leanne - 05-26-2016

I'm in!

(05-26-2016, 03:07 PM)Leanne Wrote: I'm in!

Darn right you are!

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Jana - 05-26-2016

It's the weekend of my birthday so I'm not 100% certain I can make it yet but please sign up 1 stupid cat (that's me).

(05-26-2016, 03:24 PM)Jana Wrote: It's the weekend of my birthday so I'm not 100% certain I can make it yet but please sign up 1 stupid cat (that's me).

'marked and 'membered.

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Antain - 05-29-2016

May this forgotten bard perform? Blush

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Marcy - 05-29-2016

I've got just the thing for this 8) Sign Marcy right up.

Let me know if you need any help with the organization, Nathan!

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Telluride - 05-29-2016

Noted, added, and Welcomed!

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Raeje - 05-29-2016

I couldn't make it to the last one because I ended up being in hospital, but please do sign me up for this one. I have a lot of stuff on redemption Big Grin

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Tira Nophi - 05-29-2016

Ooh i'm definitely interested both as performer and attendee! Don't sign me up yet, i'll have to see what's happening in my schedule closer to the date! Thumbsup

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Telluride - 05-29-2016

Updated... and check those schedules! We still have plenty of room for performers.

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Telluride - 06-08-2016

BUMP!

The Show of Redemption is this weekend! We still have room in the performance roster for more people - if you can put together a good act on the theme, and follow the guidelines, you don't have to be a veteran performer to be in the show.

RE: A Show of Redemption: June 12th, 3pmEST - Raeje - 06-08-2016

You don't have to be a veteran performer, but it sure does help Laugh
I'm just kidding. I just had to say that.

Ok, everyone get back to work.