Hydaelyn Role-Players
Wallscroll Project - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Wallscroll Project (/showthread.php?tid=1617)

Wallscroll Project - NKato - 02-02-2013

Hello.

I've been mulling over doing a wallscroll for Final Fantasy XIV, using my own skills to create a poster that will be printed onto a 32" x 48" wallscroll. This wallscroll will be a limited print run, restricted by however much my budget is at the time of printing.

I would like to ask all of you for help in collecting the art reference sources that I will need to make this a reality. Here is the current layout sketch. This is subject to change, as I may want to improve on the layout itself.

Show Content

As you can see, there are certain characters planned to be in the poster. They are:
  • Gaius Van Baelsar
  • The Circle of Knowing (sans Louisoix)
  • The Leaders of the Grand Companies
  • Cid Nan Garlond
  • The Enemies you encounter in the Main Scenario Quests.
  • The Crystal Tower
  • A group of adventurers in the lower margin foreground.

If you're wondering what the "FR" stands for, it means Feral Ren, but I've decided to omit her from that portion of the poster and replace her with a character voted by the RPC to represent the adventurers. (This will be done in a separate poll thread, most likely.)

The group of adventurers in the lower margin foreground, will probably be RPC characters. This will be one of the last items of the poster that I will do.

I would appreciate it if everyone were to post links to concept art, character references, 3D screencaps of the aforementioned characters, etc, so that I may compile a resource folder for this project.

Thank you for your interest. Smile

Update: Currently exploring different layout ideas right now. Will post them as I complete the sketches.

Show Content

I am open to suggestions on the layout, as well!

First update:
Show Content

Second Update:
Show Content

RE: Wallscroll Project - NKato - 02-04-2013

First WIP of Gaius Van Baelsar posted.

RE: Wallscroll Project - Mtoto Wamoto - 02-04-2013

(02-02-2013, 02:29 AM)NKato Wrote:
First update:

Show Content

Looking good! Very clean and solid looking line-art!

RE: Wallscroll Project - Ravyne - 02-05-2013

great idea! As Mtoto said, very clean line work. I think I shall be following this closely =)

RE: Wallscroll Project - Asyria - 02-05-2013

Awesomeness. O_O

RE: Wallscroll Project - Alothia - 02-08-2013

You have mad awesome drawing skills, Feral. Love it!

RE: Wallscroll Project - Gerik - 02-09-2013

Wow, you did such a good job tracing that.

Which type of brush were you using, the round solid brush in PS?

RE: Wallscroll Project - NKato - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 04:09 AM)Gerik Wrote: Wow, you did such a good job tracing that.

Which type of brush were you using, the round solid brush in PS?

Paint Tool SAI, actually. I used Onta's Brush Set, which gives me specific tools for illustration.

RE: Wallscroll Project - NKato - 02-09-2013

Completed the general inks of Gaius Van Baelsar. Will do further detailing later (gold trim, specifically).

Did up five poses for Merlwyb, the leader of the Maelstrom. I'd like to get your feedback. I'm trying to decide on one that would go well with the layout mentioned in the original post. Please let me know which one you think will work best.

Show Content

RE: Wallscroll Project - Aysun - 02-09-2013

Very partial to number 3 and 4 here.

RE: Wallscroll Project - TheLastCandle - 02-09-2013

I'm fond of #4 for Merlwyb!