Hydaelyn Role-Players
Question about Housing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Question about Housing (/showthread.php?tid=15903)

Question about Housing - lyrax123 - 04-19-2016

Hello! 

I have a quick question about purchasing housing. When we purchase a house from a player, what's the best way to go about it?

I've seen the reddit page and saw posts about buying houses with FC, without FCS and I'm getting confused. If I'm already a part of a FC, would it be better to buy a house with an FC and not have to demolish the house? Would it be easier to buy a house with out a FC?

We're so close of getting the Gil for a house, I don't want to mess it up when the time comes. 

Thanks!

RE: Question about Housing - Warren Castille - 04-19-2016

Housing is tricky.

Some people flip them by making a dummy FC, getting it to rank 6, and then buying land. They "sell" the house by effectively making you the FC leader for a price, then leaving it in your hands to be renamed and remodeled. That's one way to do it. Obviously, it won't benefit you at all if you're already in an FC: You can't have multiple Free Company Houses.

If you're buying a personal house, most people just relinquish the lot to you for a predetermined sum: Give me several million gil, and I'll drop the permit so you can then spend several more million gil on the now-open plot.

We're allegedly getting new player housing in 3.3, so if you're almost to your mark it might be more beneficial to wait and see what opens up: You could save yourself a ton of cash with a little patience.

RE: Question about Housing - lyrax123 - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 10:32 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Housing is tricky.

Some people flip them by making a dummy FC, getting it to rank 6, and then buying land. They "sell" the house by effectively making you the FC leader for a price, then leaving it in your hands to be renamed and remodeled. That's one way to do it. Obviously, it won't benefit you at all if you're already in an FC: You can't have multiple Free Company Houses.

If you're buying a personal house, most people just relinquish the lot to you for a predetermined sum: Give me several million gil, and I'll drop the permit so you can then spend several more million gil on the now-open plot.

We're allegedly getting new player housing in 3.3, so if you're almost to your mark it might be more beneficial to wait and see what opens up: You could save yourself a ton of cash with a little patience.
Ok! Sillier question, If I don't log in the exact minute the patch is dropped, will all the housing go?

Cause we do have enough gil to buy from the server, but I don't want to miss the opportunity and feel like the worst leader ever.

RE: Question about Housing - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 10:36 AM)lyrax123 Wrote:

Ok! Sillier question, If I don't log in the exact minute the patch is dropped, will all the housing go?

Cause we do have enough gil to buy from the server, but I don't want to miss the opportunity and feel like the worst leader ever.

Balmung typically sells incredibly fast. (It has been mere minutes before, but we don't know how much is being added) If you're trying to get a FC House and are not sure if you can be online, I'd check with trusted officers in the FC to see if any of them can be and have the funds ready in the FC chest with land permissions added to said officers.

(04-19-2016, 10:41 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 10:36 AM)lyrax123 Wrote:

Balmung typically sells incredibly fast. (It has been mere minutes before, but we don't know how much is being added) If you're trying to get a FC House and are not sure if you can be online, I'd check with trusted officers in the FC to see if any of them can be and have the funds ready in the FC chest with land permissions added to said officers.
So, can the money come directly from the FC chest? Like they don't need to have the gil on them personally?

RE: Question about Housing - Warren Castille - 04-19-2016

It has to be on the person buying at the time, hence why you want it to be someone trusted. You can give purchasing permission to any rank in the FC, but you'd have to also let them be able to hold millions needed to buy the plot.

(04-19-2016, 10:47 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: It has to be on the person buying at the time, hence why you want it to be someone trusted. You can give purchasing permission to any rank in the FC, but you'd have to also let them be able to hold millions needed to buy the plot.
Thanks!

RE: Question about Housing - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-19-2016

Good luck!

The last time I was paying attention to housing, some friends had basically woken up a couple hours before the patch was supposed to end so they could update their clients and spam the login screen. ...at 4AM Pacific. (They did get the house they wanted though)

That's basically my plan. 
Hopefully the promise of Ishgard will hold people off.