Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ravyne Helbarde - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ravyne Helbarde (/showthread.php?tid=1575)

Ravyne Helbarde - Ravyne - 01-20-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Ravyne Helbarde
  • Primary character: Ravyne Helbarde
  • Linkshells: Divine Aegis
  • Primary RP linkshell: Divine Aegis

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Light-Medium, at least initially. I need to get in to the groove of it all, and get better. Then I can put more time in to it when I am more confident.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I do my best to making any sort of combat even sided, unless it was pre-planned to be one sided. My first RP ever was a combat RP, and I sustained a broken arm and a trip to the infirmary right before a crucial mission. I try to look at it with realism, or like a move sequence. It just makes sense to get wounded from time to time. No one is perfect, people make mistakes all the time, and combat in real life happens very quickly and you do things out of instinct, not thought, which means more mistakes are made. Mistakes turn in to injuries.

• Views on IC romance:
    I think that IC romances tread fine lines if OOC circumstance are not aligned with the stars. The trouble comes when one person starts to take it OOC, when it wasn't there to begin with. It can start OOC drama and can lead to some bad things. However, if say two people are dating or married in real life, and they pursue an IC relationship, the rules are no different than their real life relationship. It can work out as well as their actual relationship or it can work out as poorly as their actual relationship, though we hope it is the former=).

However, you do not need to be in an OOC relationship to make an IC relationship work out. Two people who can distinguish between OOC and IC well enough, could handle such a thing without letting it get out of control in anyway.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    One piece of wood on a wooden house. It adds depth to your story and is just one part of the whole.

• Views on lore: I
    love lore! It is the 'rule book' of RP, in my eyes, and determines what you can and can't do. The key point is keeping your character lore separate from official lore,(IE. You are not some prominent named figure in official lore. You are 'Joe'. 'Joe' with a blank page for you to do what you want, using official lore as your guide.

For FF14, I have spent a lot of time looking things up and trying to store it all in my brain. I do that with more lore related things. It is just one form of recreational reading. I try to retain as much as I can to use later in explanations or in my RP.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    Handy dandy chat functions. Whispers are a good way to clarify RP related questions mid RP without breaking the mood around you or interrupting other social RP. Chat bubbles make it easier to keep an eye on things. I wish SWTOR had those.

I think /say is used more for the regular RP stuff. I likely will not be using whatever the /guild chat is for my RP.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: Pacific Coast(West)
  • Contact info:
    Pming me will likely work best. I will probably refresh the forums a few times a day, as I do with the other 3 forums I am part of. I am used to forum activity, and I hate checking my email.