Hydaelyn Role-Players
Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration (/showthread.php?tid=15067)

Pages: 1 2

Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Aldotsk - 01-26-2016

So someone datamined the PSO2's next expansion patch, and long time ago - Yoshida and Sakai had a discussion to collaborate PSO2 and FF14 items in their MMORPGs. 

Well apparently, Sakai pulled the first stunt on adding FF14 Relics into the PSO2 Japanese version.

[Image: 5WltW9E.jpg]

[Image: Q3k2qMk.jpg]

[Image: CS0Rcye.jpg]

As far as it goes, the icon colors aren't Weapon Glamour Camos. They are possibly the actual end game weapons itself.

Top to bottom goes from Stardust Rod, Thyrus, Yoshimitsu, Deathbringer and then Zantetsuken. There is also Sphiarai on the bottom.

--Phantasy Star Online 2 is only for SEA and Japanese. No Western/North American version. However it's easy to register and there is English patch launcher made by a fan. (FF14 collaboration is only for Japanese version at the moment)

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Jana - 01-26-2016

I noticed that earlier today too; I'm hoping the fact that the weapons aren't colored as camos (basically, PSO2's "glamour skins") means they'll be drops from a specific event boss that can stay in the game after like Cougar and Knight Gear. And hopefully it means FFXIV will get a unique model for a FATE boss or something.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Aldotsk - 01-27-2016

If anything, the Camo might have the Atma altered coloring from the Weapon itself. Which I might be okay with.

As long as there are plenty of options out there.

In regards to FF14, if PSO2 collaboration occurs in that game - it'd probably be definitely FATE related with small type of quest where you'd get like Rappy items or even some weapon glamours like they did for FF13 event in FF14.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Erik Mynhier - 01-27-2016

Saw that last night on reddit. I wonder what we will get in trade.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Parth Makeo - 01-27-2016

I hope we get a Rappy minion or something...That would be sweet. :3

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Harmonixer - 01-27-2016

Rappies seem to make the most amount of sense, but I wouldn't say no to any of the iconic weapons from PSO either.

Ideally, I'd want Section ID related decoration for housing. I think a nice Skyly ID on the mantle would go much better than everyone's favorite dead guy.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Jana - 01-27-2016

Section ID is more a PSO thing than a PSO2 thing; Section ID sticker and other stuff came to PSO2 as "Memories of Ragol" which would've been the equivalent to FFXIV's FFXI event. A Rappy minion would be cute though.

Also Whitill 4lyfe

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - ZacharyVolfire - 01-27-2016

-logs back into phantasy star online 2-

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Jana - 01-27-2016

Liar, the Episode 4 maintenance got extended two more hours...

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Kellach Woods - 01-27-2016

On one hand, people probably complained about the DQ event so it's good that this might make them happy. Especially since PSO2 + English is verboten discussion at Sega.

On the other hand, I legitimately feel the series went downhill after it went online.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Aldotsk - 01-27-2016

(01-27-2016, 08:35 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: On one hand, people probably complained about the DQ event so it's good that this might make them happy. Especially since PSO2 + English is verboten discussion at Sega.

On the other hand, I legitimately feel the series went downhill after it went online.

There are more players on PSO2 and fans increased more than original PS1-4.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Kellach Woods - 01-27-2016

We'll get Yakuza Kiwami before PSO2 as an official English release.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - ProvaDiServo - 01-27-2016

(01-27-2016, 09:21 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: We'll get Yakuza Kiwami before PSO2 as an official English release.

True that, and that sucks

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Jana - 03-21-2016

Urth's Fount officially announced for PSO2!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BucQC7USvfM

With how collab bosses work in PSO2, I wouldn't be surprised if this permanently unleashes Odin on that game as a wandering boss after the special event ends. Guess we'll have to wait until after the Easter event to see what XIV will be getting in exchange.

RE: Phantasy Star Online 2 x Final Fantasy XIV Collaboration - Kodie - 03-21-2016

Oh man I can't wait to see what weapons we'd get in FFXIV.