Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking for RP or RP FC - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Looking for RP or RP FC (/showthread.php?tid=14947)

Looking for RP or RP FC - Eusio - 01-15-2016

Just got into Balmung, and most of the good FCs seem to be closed off. So... can anyone introduce a newbie to some RP in Balmung?

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Roe Dad - 01-15-2016

Would be happy to oblige. As Im sure Faye would also like to help Smile

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Faye - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 01:54 AM)Lady Krist Wrote: Would be happy to oblige. As Im sure Faye would also like to help Smile

Have I been summoned?

Welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Oyuu - 01-15-2016

What kind of FC or RP are you looking for? Big Grin

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Valence - 01-15-2016

Don't let the "closed recruitment" labels fool you though. Some may take time and just getting in touch with the people until it opens again can go a long way too...

I think it's also more a matter of the impression you leave, the friends you make, rather than hard limits on recruitment.

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Roe Dad - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 05:45 AM)Faye Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 01:54 AM)Lady Krist Wrote: Would be happy to oblige. As Im sure Faye would also like to help Smile

Have I been summoned?

Welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.
Hehe Nice. And you were.

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Eusio - 01-15-2016

Have I been summoned?

That looks pretty nice, but I don't think I like how intensive the recruitment process is. I don't mean any offense Sad

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - MBajihri - 01-15-2016

I'd be willing to RP with you! Feel free to friend me on Mhaya anytime and shoot me a tell. Of late I'm just doing a lot of crafting so I could use a break. Smile

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Tara - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:28 PM)Eusio Wrote:

Have I been summoned?

That looks pretty nice, but I don't think I like how intensive the recruitment process is. I don't mean any offense Sad
Hmmm...sometimes they have to be. There's a lot of people on Balmung, and a lot of Rp'ers. Recruiters have to be sure that you fit the fc. Many people play an fc as they are described, an organization of like minded people or a platoon and so on an so forth. So making sure you get the right fc for you if very important. The interviews ICly are also a way of a) a way to introduce new players to more characters and such and b) a way to see if you fit the fc. That's just how I view it though...

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Eusio - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:35 PM)Nevahe Wrote:

Have I been summoned?

Hmmm...sometimes they have to be. There's a lot of people on Balmung, and a lot of Rp'ers. Recruiters have to be sure that you fit the fc. Many people play an fc as they are described, an organization of like minded people or a platoon and so on an so forth. So making sure you get the right fc for you if very important. The interviews ICly are also a way of a) a way to introduce new players to more characters and such and b) a way to see if you fit the fc. That's just how I view it though...
Yeah, I understand IC interviews and all that. Those are fine. It's just having a 30 day "trial period" and then having to have the leadership vote on whether you can stay or not that's too much for me.

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - algernonymous - 01-18-2016

Might I humbly suggest the good Messrs. Miscellany & Mundane! Chocobo

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9451483/blog/2531784/

Adam Plantagenet in-game

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Faye - 01-18-2016

(01-15-2016, 06:57 PM)Eusio Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 06:35 PM)Nevahe Wrote:

Have I been summoned?

Yeah, I understand IC interviews and all that. Those are fine. It's just having a 30 day "trial period" and then having to have the leadership vote on whether you can stay or not that's too much for me.

That's fine! It's not for everyone. It works well for us, though. Smile I doubt it will make much difference, but just for clarity's sake, the trial is only 21 days and it's all fully-fledged members of the FC voting, not just officers. Good luck in your search, I hope you find some place you enjoy!

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Erik Mynhier - 01-18-2016

(01-15-2016, 01:33 AM)Eusio Wrote: Just got into Balmung, and most of the good FCs seem to be closed off. So... can anyone introduce a newbie to some RP in Balmung?

Most fcs have a page on enjin or guild works and you can usually search by theme, which tends to be the backbone of balmung and other rp fcs on other servers. May help you narrow your search and can by virtue of it being a guild site, can give you a good inside look at the fc through forums and such.

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - Nami'ko - 01-20-2016

there are plenty of really amazing FC's out there for you to try and at least talk to. The best thing I can say is look for what you are interested in and then actually ask people who are in the FC or poke your nose about watch RP events as such. Besides that welcome to the madnes that is Balmung and I really hope you settle soon!

RE: Looking for RP or RP FC - RiniKett - 01-20-2016

*pops in and looks around*

>.>
<.<
>.<

Lol, Wayfarers of Eorzea are always looking to help new RPers get a foothold on the server. Whether you are looking to join our FC or just have a place to go to find RP, we are happy to help if you are in need of anything. Our FC thread isn't quite complete yet since we keep growing and having to add more things. We are primarily a "slice of life" type company atm, but we run several events monthly, encourage server togetherness, and provide a family like atmosphere both ICly and OOCly. We run an IC tavern that will begin serving weekly this week, we just opened up an institution branch for characters to take classes and learn languages, history, the musical arts, and more to come.

If anything catches your interest feel free to PM me. While our recruitment isn't very complex there is still a process through meeting ICly and getting to know you. Our recruit is more intimate than the usual spill, no puns intended. Either way, join or visit, I look forward to meeting you and welcome to Balmung.

Take care and have a good one!