Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Runestone - Sundays 8pm EST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Runestone - Sundays 8pm EST (/showthread.php?tid=14221)

Pages: 1 2

The Runestone - Sundays 8pm EST - Reiner Dorn - 11-09-2015

Mystic Runestone

Scattered about the Ossuary, Stillglade Fane, and the posted upon the wall of Mealvaan's Gate, numerous gilded scrolls inviting all to attend a competition of arcane and aetheric might!

The Runestone is open to all competitors with magical skill and interested spectators, though entrance into the tournament binds all to the rules set by it’s Master, Fidalgo Reiner Dorn of Ala Mhigo. 

A staff of Mage Wardens shall be upon the tournament grounds to facilitate entrance of all combatants, as well as to ensure all rules are understood and equipment distributed.

To further your research and studies, a stipend shall be delivered to the winner of the Runestone, with a chance to increase earnings with a final challenging battle!

Rules:

1. All combatants shall be given upon entering the tournament a  <Shell Necklace>.  This artifact shall protect the wearer from three direct attacks of magic. It shall be recharged when, and only when, a mage moves forward to a subsequent round, and shall be collected from each contestant upon their loss. Theft of these items will not be tolerated, though they seldom work outside of aether rich areas such as the manor.

2. Attacking after an opponent’s <Shell Necklace> has broken is forbidden and shall bring the interdiction of the spell and the offending caster.

3. The arena square is warded to prevent loose spells from escaping into spectator areas, though be mindful of other combatants.

4. This contest shall be heavily monitored by the staff of Mage Wardens, men and women trained and skilled in the hunting and capture of those with magic talent. They serve as staff and will enforce every rule listed and the word of the Master of the house. Mage Wardens act as rule of law to all those inside of the Manor.

5. Use of offensive magic prior to or after combat shall bring the Mage Wardens to eject you from the manor grounds.

6. Physical contact of any kind is forbidden
  7. The use of healing magic offensively or defensively is forbidden.
  8. Summoning is allowed but control must be shown and maintained.
  9. If one must need healing or ether between matches they shall be disqualified
  10. Open use of void powers and the casting of “Forbidden magics” are not truly prohibited, though, all those that would wield these powers will draw the attention of the masses, and protection will not be provided outside of manor grounds.

The System:

The combat for Mystic Runestone is the tried and true method used in other competitions and your average duel. Through the use of the <Shell Necklace> mages can fight without worry of the debilitating effects of their spells. This is not your brawlers bloodbath, but a true artists competition to test new spells and powers.

Taking into account the lore that mage classes have a far higher magic defense and access to protective spells, defensive emotes can be quite imaginative from a simple Shell spell to protect your own <Shell Necklace>layers, or even countering a fireball by transposing or reversing it. 

Though the Runestone is purely magical, hybrid classes -can- attend but must fight without physical attacks. Handcasters and Bladecasters shall be allowed to participate, though this may change if problems arise.

Combat is broken down into a few simple steps.
1) Both opponents will agree to use  the /random feature for their match.
2) Both opponents roll initiative. The highest roll wins and attacks first.
3) The attacking player writes their post in a custom emote using /em. After posting, they roll their die.
4) The defending player rolls their die to defend. If the defender rolls higher than the attack, they have successfully avoided damage. A lower roll means they have been struck. In the event of a tie, reroll both attack and defense. Regardless, after determining the result, the defender then posts their /emote to show the effect.
5) Switch roles and repeat. The defender is now on the offensive and the attacker is defending.
6) First person to win three contests wins the match.

(Credit to the Grindstone page for the duel write up.)

Fesca's Wash:

To find the tournament, please seek entrance to Fesca's Wash, Central Thanalan (21, 25) at 8pm EST!

RE: The Runestone - Sundays 8pm EST - Reiner Dorn - 11-09-2015

[Image: Zfd5grH.png]

Congratulations to the First Winner of the Runestone:
Isabelle Frost!!!

I want to thank everyone again for coming to the second Runestone!

A solid crowd for the final tournament in my house.

This Weeks Winner is: [Image: tonberry.gif]Raik Samil![Image: tonberry.gif]
[Image: N75S4GY.jpg]

Taking home a cool 100k and a deadmans chest!

I wanted to belatedly congratulate Sollena Nightshade! on her win in Runestone!

Congradulations Ninifae Nira, I promise I did not implore the dice gods to help her win. It was all Skill.

The Curator stepped down for aiding me in running to fill a much needed eighth slot, and not only taking the win, but defeating me in an exhibition match for the crowd!

[Image: tonberry.gif]
[Image: wH5vgKn.jpg]

Another Win for Sollena! Runestone VII is hers!

I want to congratulate Kiri Komori on winning Runestone IX!

With that I would also like to announce again the new time of 8pm EST and that all future tournaments will be held upon the bloodied sands south of Ul'dah, Hopefully the carnage from Grindstone the night before won't cause to much slippage

Runestone for June 7th is Cancelled!

Now that the dramatic text is out of the way... Yup, this Runestone is cancelled for RL reasons (Reiner is too cool and adopting a kitten because he is an altruistic son of a gun and is now getting said kitty acclimated to their house). If anyone has any questions or needs anything please contact Flynt Knoltros in game and I will help how I can! Thank you all and the Runestone will see you next week!

Want to congratulate the dual winners of Elear and Autumn from last nights Runestone. It was an amazing set of matches, and as this event grows I cannot wait to see many return fighters and new faces like we had last night.

I would like to congratulate, 

[Image: cactuar.gif]Restless Wind on taking the victory in the 14th Runestone![Image: cactuar.gif]

Wind has been a huge supporter and competitor since the beginning of the tournament just over three months ago.
[Image: hZQ9wQX.jpg]

Thank you for your support, and kicking magical ass.

I've been Slacking! Apologies. Thethread will be shifting over to a fresh page soon enough but to catch everyone up!

13th Runestone Winner. Mayu!
14th Runestone Winner Restless Wind!
15th Runestone Winner Rurujin!
16th Runestone Winner Mr Pink (Anrai)!

I want to congratulate Vyse Gilder on winning the 17th Runestone competition!

Way to Go Vyse on your win!!

I want to personally congratulate Mayu one winning both the 18th and 19th Runestone. Tonight is the anniversary edition 5 months of RS, with larger prize and challenge match!BombBomb

Tonight! Runestone #24! 20 fighters turned up to show their mettle, and at the end of the day only one man stood tall!

Raik Samil!

[Image: N75S4GY.jpg]

The Victory of Runestone XXXI goes to E've! Hell yeah HWTC for their win and giant support on their end