Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Monks, I need your help. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Monks, I need your help. (/showthread.php?tid=14218)

Pages: 1 2

Monks, I need your help. - CrimsonMars - 11-09-2015

Chiyo is having problems with her charkas again and she doesn't know why. Basically, I could use an IC monk (a real one at that) to train with or even be rivals with in hopes to help her control and suppress this power. It mainly has to do with the fact that her chakra is 'overactive' for unknown reasons, resulting in an occasional but unforeseeable outburst of energy (usually well fighting), but because Chiyo doesn't have a soulstone, nor did she grew up in Ala Mhigo, she didn't learn how to gain proper control.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Melkire - 11-09-2015

/raises a hand

I'm down for rivalries. Not so much for mentoring.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Oli! - 11-09-2015

Depending on what you're looking for in terms of personality types, chakra alignments, and so on, I might be able to recommend a few.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Hammersmith - 11-09-2015

What Oli said.  Need to know more about your monk typery to throw names at.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - CrimsonMars - 11-09-2015

Chiyo's chakra alignment happens to be light an she is already on her 6th as a result of having overactive chakra, but I'm for the most part, not picky on personality types. Depending on the character, Chiyo's trust may need to be gained though.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Oli! - 11-26-2015

(11-09-2015, 06:57 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: Chiyo's chakra alignment happens to be light an she is already on her 6th as a result of having overactive chakra, but I'm for the most part, not picky on personality types. Depending on the character, Chiyo's trust may need to be gained though.

Is there any particular character-change that you want to have happen as a result of this (such as using a specific method or influencing her personality in some way), or is it more of an open thing?

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Oli! - 11-26-2015

Actually, here's an idea.

Ada knows lots of people, let's have her introduce Chiyo to some people and see what works out ICly.

That's probably way easier than asking questions.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - CrimsonMars - 11-27-2015

(11-26-2015, 06:37 PM)Oli! Wrote: Actually, here's an idea.

Ada knows lots of people, let's have her introduce Chiyo to some people and see what works out ICly.

That's probably way easier than asking questions.

I'm all for it.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Caspar - 11-27-2015

My character makes a fine midboss, but I think that as far as knowledge of chakras go, it'd have to be strictly unintentional discoveries, as she probably knows even less about them than Chiyo.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Zar'ine Moks - 11-27-2015

If your still looking feel free to shoot me a message or tell. Would be up for it

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Rusty Knight - 11-27-2015

Avelyn Firestone (Temple trained Fist / Virella on forums) / Berrod Armstrong(General Monk) would be the two most knowledgeable monks I imagine Chiyo may of heard of to assist her in her problem (the latter probaby much more happy to do so icly).

Maybe drop them a pm?

RE: Monks, I need your help. - CrimsonMars - 11-27-2015

I already know about Berrod but considering he's usually pretty busy (both IC and out), I'd thought I'd look for alternatives. Tongue

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Melkire - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 08:22 AM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I already know about Berrod but considering he's usually pretty busy (both IC and out), I'd thought I'd look for alternatives. Tongue

Don't let that stop you, the guy LOVES monk roleplay and will usually cease whatever he's doing at the drop of a hat to have monk-on-monk scenes. All you have to do is poke him in PMs or in-game tells.

...the same goes for most if not all of us, actually. Not sure whether we're all RP-starved or if a passion for beating each other senseless is a hunger that craves to be fed.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Virella - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 10:40 AM)Melkire Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 08:22 AM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I already know about Berrod but considering he's usually pretty busy (both IC and out), I'd thought I'd look for alternatives. Tongue

Don't let that stop you, the guy LOVES monk roleplay and will usually cease whatever he's doing at the drop of a hat to have monk-on-monk scenes. All you have to do is poke him in PMs or in-game tells.

...the same goes for most if not all of us, actually. Not sure whether we're all RP-starved or if a passion for beating each other senseless is a hunger that craves to be fed.
Nothing wrong with beating the shit out of one another!

I would offer Ave, but I fear Chiyo would have to bother with gaining her respect, seeming Ave doesn't do 'charity' if I have to use her own words. It wouldn't be a magical overnight fix for the issues Chiyo is dealing with, simply do well, Ave's an arse and it will take time for her to be convinced to even help her. But if you're in for the long run of roleplay, you can poke me.

RE: Monks, I need your help. - Zar'ine Moks - 11-27-2015

Zax is bit off and tends to stick to himself but his interest is normally easily grabbed when it comes to another monk.