Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Shoshopu - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Shoshopu (/showthread.php?tid=13903)

Shoshopu - Shoshopu - 10-15-2015

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Shoshopu Shopu, Eaubront Shopont, Awyrbyrt Fyrilsunnsyn
  • Primary character: Shoshopu Shopu
  • Linkshells/Free Companies: Aethereal Warriors, Rusted Sigil, Roll Eorzea
  • Primary RP linkshell/Free Company: Aethereal Warriors
II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I would say medium? I enjoy RP as much as I enjoy PvE. I spend a lot of time idling, chatting in OOC channels and dungeoning. I don't do a whole lot of public RP in the Quicksand and the like but will occasionally attend events like the Runestone. If I can find an excuse to have my character be somewhere or meet someone, I would do it. If I'm at a public RP venue or event I'm more than likely IC. I appreciate walk-ups but feel free to approach me OOC for RP, too!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    As long as we discuss everything beforehand! Dismembering I generally will not be okay with but I sure don't mind my characters taking some hard hits, or losing. But I don't really like for results to be /random vs /random; sometimes I like to utilize /random rolls to determine how I'll write something, but I'd rather discuss another way to come up with the outcome than pure chance, should combat happen.

• Views on IC romance:
    It's not the focus of my RP, but it's something I definitely enjoy and don't often get to do. If it's viable between characters I like to build up to it naturally. If it's something you're interested in, don't be afraid to ask! I'm not above RPing some shameless mushy shit.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    When it comes to direct family ties, most of my characters already have set families, at least as far as parents, brothers and sisters, but if you don't mind playing a premade character with a background and appearance already made, I'd be flattered if you wanted to play them. Shopu's parents and a couple brothers that aren't represented by a player character, for example. But definitely ask first so we can discuss it. I'm all about OOC discussion.

• Views on lore:
    I like to stick closely to the lore, whenever possible, but I don't mind some lore bends if they're reasonable, flavorful, well thought out and fun to play with. There are a lot of vague spots and outright holes in the lore, so it's totally alright with me to fill those in! If it's something you're worried about... we can discuss it!

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    My /say isn't always IC unless I'm in an RP event or other area where a lot of RP is already going down. Using /yell is fine if necessary (like if the character is actually yelling and is also out of /say range). IC linkshells are cool. I write using quotation marks around dialogue whether or not my post is beginning with /em or /say. If quotation marks are present it's almost definitely IC.
III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: EST (UTC-5)
  • Contact info: alraunne @ skype (but let me know that you're from here); dragon-noises or shoshopu @ tumblr; PM here

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~