Hydaelyn Role-Players
I can't think of a title. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I can't think of a title. (/showthread.php?tid=13628)

I can't think of a title. - KayB - 09-29-2015

Mostly people can come up with something after twenty minutes, but I just ended up staring at the title thinking of a witty headliner. Mainly because we are humans are tricked into believing that first impressions make or break any bridge between people. But at this point, it's just psychological rambling, and there's no point in dragging it out more or less. 

--MMORPG background--

To start off, my first MMO might have been when I was a mere child, it was Everquest. I was so confused, my little brain couldn't comprehend or remember any of the events that actually occurred. Progressing a few years or less, I was later introduced to World of Warcraft, that was the first time I could remember the events of playing MMOs. This is where things get complicated because I can't remember too much, somehow I ended up just playing WoW most of the time. Which was funny, even though it was my main MMO, I never actually RP'd on it. One step leads to another then I ended up on XIV. Oh yeah, I played Tera for a bit also. 

Tl;dr Played Eq, played a lot of WoW, played XIV as of now.

--RP experience--

Oh, I'm already face palming thinking about it, I started off with Neopets roleplaying boards. I recalled rapidly becoming a better Roleplayer from using basic asterisk to actually becoming semi-literate in the course of a few months. Mainly cause everyone was really mean to me, until I actually got good. I then moved on from Neoets, and ended up on, oh god here it comes, Gaiaonline... I rp'd on there quite a lot too, probably where I learned the most about Roleplaying and evolved fully to be a more literate Roleplayer, and bled out most of the angst edgy phase... I left Gaiaonline, thank god, and moved on to focusing more on MMORPGs, but I never actually roleplayed in most of them. The only one I actually recalled roleplaying a lot in was Teraonline, that game for some reason had a very fun and active roleplaying community, HAD. Now I'm on XIV, and I haven't had an RP for the past two years...

Tl;dr Neopets, Gaiaonline, Tera, now we're on XIV. 

--Character ideas/info--

My current character as of right now, and hopefully for awhile is my Elezen. Not much of an example but my avatar is him, but that's just the physical information. There's something strange about him, almost as if he is cursed by something, an aura usually follows him around where he just looks Sad. Anyone who sees him would feel either repelled by him, or cautious approaching him. Does he even have a past, or is he just some kind of entity that casually walks around the Quicksand looking like he was always sulking. 
(Obviously there are more, but why ruin the fun by just explaining everything?)

Tl;dr: A really Sad Elezen.

--How did you learn about the coalition?--

I heard about it from an internet forums. 

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?--

Medium,I usually enjoy a prior warning before beginning an RP, and a warning of when we're stopping. I also enjoy OOC talks too, we learn more about each. 

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)--

I'm not comfortable. 

RE: I can't think of a title. - Aris - 09-29-2015

Welcome to HRC! It's always nice to meet someone else who came from Neopets. Cool

We're all very friendly here, so don't hesitate jumping in to chat! Kay sounds like an intriguing character, look forward to hopefully seeing more about him. Thumbsup

RE: I can't think of a title. - Kage - 09-29-2015

Neopets and GaiaOnline weren't complete shitholes. Ok fine I may be trying to compensate for my own history. I would like to think that roleplaying owls or wolves helped me. Ok, maybe not. I'm a lost case.

Welcome to the RPC.

RE: I can't think of a title. - SicketySix - 09-29-2015

(09-29-2015, 03:45 AM)KayB Wrote: I just ended up staring at the title thinking of a witty headliner. Mainly because we are humans are tricked into believing that first impressions make or break any bridge between people.

Did not come up with title 1/10 will not RP with.

Welcome to the RPC anyhow.

RE: I can't think of a title. - Roe Dad - 09-29-2015

Welcome!

RE: I can't think of a title. - KayB - 09-29-2015

(09-29-2015, 07:34 AM)Aris Wrote: Welcome to HRC! It's always nice to meet someone else who came from Neopets. Cool

We're all very friendly here, so don't hesitate jumping in to chat! Kay sounds like an intriguing character, look forward to hopefully seeing more about him. Thumbsup

Ah, that's good to know, I actually went back on neopet about a year back cause this one friend told me to. There wasn't much there left, and it was kinda sad and barren. I just played the mini games. 
And thank you, I'll try to slowly stalk my way into it.

------------------------

(09-29-2015, 08:08 AM)Kage Wrote: Neopets and GaiaOnline weren't complete shitholes. Ok fine I may be trying to compensate for my own history. I would like to think that roleplaying owls or wolves helped me. Ok, maybe not. I'm a lost case.

Welcome to the RPC.

I mean, back then they were our life and childhood, so of course they can't be bad. Now a day, it might not be the best. Neopets has been left in the shadow, and gaia just degenerated into a kind of tumor... My roleplays on Neopets were usually always anime based... 

-----------------------------
(09-29-2015, 08:41 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 03:45 AM)KayB Wrote: I just ended up staring at the title thinking of a witty headliner. Mainly because we are humans are tricked into believing that first impressions make or break any bridge between people.

Did not come up with title 1/10 will not RP with.

Welcome to the RPC anyhow.

Darn. 

-----------------------------------

(09-29-2015, 08:08 AM)Okhi Lyehga Wrote: Welcome!

Hello!

RE: I can't think of a title. - Roe Dad - 09-29-2015

I accept your hello! hope to see you around

RE: I can't think of a title. - Faye - 09-29-2015

Heheh, I started off in Neopets once upon a time, and played TERA for a while as well. Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

(09-29-2015, 06:20 PM)Okhi Lyehga Wrote: I accept your hello! hope to see you around

I also hope to be around often, so be gentle.

-------------------------

(09-29-2015, 07:34 PM)Faye Wrote: Heheh, I started off in Neopets once upon a time, and played TERA for a while as well. Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

Hmm, it's actually refreshing to know that there are more people that came from Neopets originally. It was honestly one of the happier years of my rather young life. Tera was fun also, Celestial Hills was a beautiful community, but as I came on recently, the server as whole has gone down in quality drastically. I feel like most of the people left and joined XIV personally. And thank you for the warm welcome.

RE: I can't think of a title. - Faye - 09-29-2015

(09-29-2015, 08:03 PM)KayB Wrote: Hmm, it's actually refreshing to know that there are more people that came from Neopets originally. It was honestly one of the happier years of my rather young life. Tera was fun also, Celestial Hills was a beautiful community, but as I came on recently, the server as whole has gone down in quality drastically. I feel like most of the people left and joined XIV personally. And thank you for the warm welcome.

You're very welcome! Celestial Hills was great in the sense that everyone knew everyone so people hating each other really wasn't an option. Sadly, it's all but fallen apart, which was my reason for leaving TERA. My FC and I made the jump from TERA to XIV and so did a lot of other folks I know from CH.

RE: I can't think of a title. - Capheira - 09-29-2015

Hello there! I've not played any of those, but welcome to the forums and the server.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you're able to make yourself at home here in the community.

(09-29-2015, 08:44 PM)Faye Wrote: You're very welcome! Celestial Hills was great in the sense that everyone knew everyone so people hating each other really wasn't an option. Sadly, it's all but fallen apart, which was my reason for leaving TERA. My FC and I made the jump from TERA to XIV and so did a lot of other folks I know from CH.

Hmmm, I must have came during a more barbaric time. Since everyone seem to have had drama with one another, and it would usually escalate to global chat and such. It was pretty bad when I came, but there was at least some kind of RPing... It's only gotten even worse now.
---------------------------

(09-29-2015, 08:58 PM)Capheira Wrote: Hello there! I've not played any of those, but welcome to the forums and the server.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you're able to make yourself at home here in the community.

I too hope to make myself at home here. And thank you for the warm welcome.