Hydaelyn Role-Players
Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe (/showthread.php?tid=13460)

Pages: 1 2

Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Kage - 09-18-2015

Some more of the complete info here.

October 2015 is approaching, which in the timeline YoshiP and others have talked about, is the move of the EU servers to be physically located in the EU.

All worlds in Chaos Data Center will undergo a 3-5 day maintenance to accompany this...
Affected worlds: Cerberus / Lich / Moogle / Odin / Phoenix / Ragnarok / Shiva / Zodiark

The transfer will be done automatically.

If you are on the affected worlds and have a subscription, your subscription will be extended for the number of days the maintenance takes.

For those in Chaos data center who do not like being forced into this move or are NA players playing on Chaos, it's possible you might see the delay in actions and have more lag. If so, a free World transfer is being transferred for the character IN a Chaos data center world TO Elemental, Mana, Gaia, Aether or Primal data centers for one week.

Show Content

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - mongi291 - 09-18-2015

A little off-topic, but still.
I don't know if this can work... But if you get a free transfer, you could potentially create a character on the Chaos Data Center before the maintenance and transfer it to Balmung to bypass the restrictions, for free.

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Kage - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 08:35 AM)mongi291 Wrote: A little off-topic, but still.
I don't know if this can work... But if you get a free transfer, you could potentially create a character on the Chaos Data Center before the maintenance and transfer it to Balmung to bypass the restrictions, for free.
If they did this, they would also need to create characters very soon to make sure they meet the window and are eligible (3-days old and able to interact with players)

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - mongi291 - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 08:52 AM)Kage Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 08:35 AM)mongi291 Wrote: A little off-topic, but still.
If they did this, they would also need to create characters very soon to make sure they meet the window and are eligible (3-days old and able to interact with players)
Well, if a character is created now it would be probably eligible for the free transfer.

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Kage - 09-25-2015

[Image: H6r1FDj.png]

Mid-October.

If you want to try out the free transfer, make sure your character is made and able to speak to players!

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - PSDuckie - 09-28-2015

Thank you so much for this info!  I'm waiting for the free transfer to happen before I transfer my RP character to Balmung, and it's really nice to know when that will actually be.

And yes, I did create that character on Shiva specifically to take advantage of the free transfer. I'll let you know whether it works or not.

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - -no longer matters- - 10-20-2015

I can confirm the free transfers from Chaos do in fact work. I just moved 3 level 1 alts over FOR FREE to Balmung

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - K'nahli - 10-20-2015

I wanted two friends to take advantage of this from back when it was announced but their subscriptions are currently inactive and when I went to the Mogstation to verify everything was above board first, I noticed that Balmung wasn't listed. The hopeful side of me wonders if this is because I already have all eight slots occupied on Balmung, but apparently the World Transfer System was adjusted some time ago so that you could not move to a world that has Creation Restrictions currently imposed against it, which is practically all of the time in the case of Balmung.

Could I trouble anyone to see if Balmung is at least listed for them should you not have all eight slots taken? I guess anyone who successfully transferred did so soon after today's maintenance when the servers were open, however.

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - -no longer matters- - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 09:23 AM)K Wrote: I wanted two friends to take advantage of this from back when it was announced but their subscriptions are currently inactive and when I went to the Mogstation to verify everything was above board first, I noticed that Balmung wasn't listed. The hopeful side of me wonders if this is because I already have all eight slots occupied on Balmung, but apparently the World Transfer System was adjusted some time ago so that you could not move to a world that has Creation Restrictions currently imposed against it, which is practically all of the time in the case of Balmung.

Could I trouble anyone to see if Balmung is at least listed for them should you not have all eight slots taken? I guess anyone who successfully transferred did so soon after today's maintenance when the servers were open, however.
Read my post right above you. Smile I just transferred in 3 this morning.

(10-20-2015, 09:46 AM)Gwen/Dinah Wrote: Read my post right above you. Smile I just transferred in 3 this morning.

The thing is that you did that this morning around the time, I presume, that character restrictions had been briefly released following the maintenance - same as they had been for a friend of mine who wanted to prepare an alt for a potential, future Viera ^^

I would be very surprised if Balmung was still open right now, so I'm curious if it is still listed there because I saw that Mateus was closed yet found that, unlike Balmung, it was listed. Also I saw no comment on the Transfer Guidelines explicitly stating that transfers to congested worlds were not permitted, only transfers to worlds that had already reached the maximum creation quota(i.e 8 characters in my case).

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Kage - 10-20-2015

it's still Open.

[Image: CuAobA1.png]

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Oli! - 10-20-2015

Huh, didn't even know free transfers were being offered.

I wonder if they'll still be open in three days.

(10-20-2015, 10:35 AM)K Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 09:46 AM)Gwen/Dinah Wrote: Read my post right above you. Smile I just transferred in 3 this morning.

The thing is that you did that this morning around the time, I presume, that character restrictions had been briefly released following the maintenance - same as they had been for a friend of mine who wanted to prepare an alt for a potential, future Viera ^^

I would be very surprised if Balmung was still open right now, so I'm curious if it is still listed there because I saw that Mateus was closed yet found that, unlike Balmung, it was listed. Also I saw no comment on the Transfer Guidelines explicitly stating that transfers to congested worlds were not permitted, only transfers to worlds that had already reached the maximum creation quota(i.e 8 characters in my case).
I did it at 8:00am. Smile

RE: Transfer of EU Data Center (CHAOS) to Europe - Kage - 10-20-2015

(10-20-2015, 11:07 AM)Oli! Wrote: Huh, didn't even know free transfers were being offered.

I wonder if they'll still be open in three days.
Well, the information's been out for a month at least.

It is possible. The announcement for the transfers is for 1 week. They did not note if there is truly a deadline for when the characters could be made on Chaos Data Center to move to the others... however it is also very possible that it could be restricted.

(10-20-2015, 11:03 AM)Kage Wrote: it's still Open.

[Image: CuAobA1.png]

Thank you, Kaaage! And I'm very sorry for the trouble.

(10-20-2015, 11:11 AM)Gwen - Dinah Wrote: I did it at 8:00am. Smile

I just wanted to play it safe since the only times Balmung would ever open(outside of the moments directly before and after a maintenance) were in the early hours when less people were online, so I didn't want to take a chance and ask my friend to resubscirbe to take advantage of the transfer only to find that it wasn't even listed.

Still though, thank you very much for your help! ^^