Hydaelyn Role-Players
Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides (/showthread.php?tid=13099)

Pages: 1 2

Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - allgivenover - 08-22-2015

Honestly, I'm surprised that Au Ra is only 4% of the population.

Most of that 4% has to be on Balmung.

~Album here~

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Cato - 08-22-2015

It feels a little off but...I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Au Ra population is very big on Balmung because role-players are drawn to them more than non-roleplayers. Even then, though, I'd expect it to be a much higher number.

Still, I know a lot of people who rushed to race change then ended up going back to their original race so maybe that's partly why the number is so low...?

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Coatleque - 08-22-2015

Keep in mind that these stats are for all characters on all accounts most likely. So those people who have max characters and only ever play one? They're skewing the results a little.

I found some things interesting, such as:
- PLD took a bigger hit than WAR when people went to DRK. -15% vs -11%
- Likewise with healers, WHM took a bigger hit than SMN, but only -9% vs -6%
- Gender demographics were nearly evenly opposite between NA and EU
- Race selection was fairly constant regardless of region.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Leggerless - 08-22-2015

Ninjas have 11% at 51-60?

Funny how the other dps classes are talked about so frequently and the quietest one is the one with the highest number in the HW level range.

Go Ninja, go Ninja, go.

Edit: Wait. They're running those numbers based on how many people actually have the class. Whatever, we have plenty at endgame at least.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Virella - 08-22-2015

I'm not buying au ra only being so low.

It is probably all characters, including those of inactive accounts.

(08-22-2015, 11:54 AM)Virella Douront Wrote: I'm not buying au ra only being so low. [...]

Did they specify, is this a breakdown of current races of characters? Or is this statistics for NEW characters created? Perhaps this data does not include those who've used fantasia? Just a thought.

Also, it is hard to look at the statistics objectively when we are a small fraction of the playerbase and have those in front of us as our only viewpoint. There are a lot of role-players who like Au Ra, therefore we will see a lot of them personally.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Steel Wolf - 08-22-2015

I continue to be special snowflake. XD

/RoeFlex

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - allgivenover - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 12:01 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Did they specify, is this a breakdown of current races of characters?  Or is this statistics for NEW characters created?  Perhaps this data does not include those who've used fantasia?  Just a thought.

From what I understood it's a measure of total characters period, no qualifiers.

I think the apparent disparity is due to Au Ra/Miqo'te being MUCH more popular with roleplayers than non-roleplayers.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - LiadansWhisper - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 10:40 AM)Coatleque Wrote: Keep in mind that these stats are for all characters on all accounts most likely.  So those people who have max characters and only ever play one?  They're skewing the results a little.

I found some things interesting, such as:
- PLD took a bigger hit than WAR when people went to DRK.  -15% vs -11%
- Likewise with healers, WHM took a bigger hit than SMN, but only -9% vs -6%
- Gender demographics were nearly evenly opposite between NA and EU
- Race selection was fairly constant regardless of region.

A lot of those WHM have turned around and started playing WHM again, though.  I know several who swapped to AST hoping it would be really cool, who got discouraged and frustrated and said screw it and went back to WHM.

I'm having a lot of fun with Astrologian but I can't justify bringing it to anything over Whitemage, even expert roulette.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Flickering Ember - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 12:11 PM)allgivenover Wrote: I think the apparent disparity is due to Au Ra/Miqo'te being MUCH more popular with roleplayers than non-roleplayers.

I've had a different experience. I have not only not been able to RP with Au Ra but I never see any Au Ra roleplayers around. For example, at Clio's hot spring event I only saw one Au Ra there the entire time I was there and there were at least 30 people there.

On the other hand, I've been using the DF a lot as a tank and for leveling some alt classes. I see Au Ra constantly and usually have at least one in my group.

There was a ton at HoD's last tavern night.

Although, I also recall being at an event where I and one other were playing Au Ra, so I suppose it could go both ways.

(08-22-2015, 04:17 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: A lot of those WHM have turned around and started playing WHM again, though. [...]

In the same way, when I do level 60 stuff I go as Paladin because I like having survivability and utility. Anything pre 60 I prefer Dark Knight for the dps and variety in cooldowns. I don't think it will ever become my main class though.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Meena - 08-22-2015

Hmm, Based on what i've read the Au ra weren't as successful as people thought they would be. On the Japanese forum its because the 'cool' aspect of the race wasn't really carried out like the art was for the original sketches. And most people dont like the scale quality.

Personally, I see Au ra everywhere. I wouldnt believe there were more lalafell than Au ra unless I PVE'd 24/7.

RE: Eorzea Census 2015 Stream Slides - Blue - 08-24-2015

Devs: So, it seems only 4% of players switched or created Au Ra....

Yoshida: Hey, that's not bad! It's still higher than the percentage of housing owners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A