Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th (/showthread.php?tid=13036)

Pages: 1 2 3

Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-17-2015

In Celebration of the Destroyer

[Image: WvC8eUl.png]

One and all is invited to come give thanks and hear inspirational words in regards to Rhalgr.

Rhalgr, breaker of worlds and god of destruction, commands the element of lightning and is tied to the Fourth Umbral Moon (eighth month). He is depicted as a magi carrying a bronzen staff, and his symbol is the streaking meteor. Father of both Byregot and Halone, attendant to Nymeia, and guardian deity of the now fallen nation of Ala Mhigo.

Event starts at Little Ala Mhigo in Southern Thanalan (X:19 Y:14) on Sunday August 30th at 4:00PM Eastern EDT (Time Converter).

[Image: 2CCvzu2.jpg]

For Pilgrims:
  • During the performance, pilgrims are asked to be silent in the public channels. Emotes with /em, /say, and /yell are asked to be held off until the main performance is over.
  • Animation and sound emotes are welcomed! Please just turn the text off on them during the performance.
  • In lieu of reacting in /em and /say, pilgrims are encouraged to form parties with their friends and groups to react to each other in /p - that should help with the text bloat and keep the reactions more personal and immersed with the main people pilgrims want to interact with.
  • Anyone willing to host a "during performance" party for those who come on their own please contact me so I can find you at the event start and get people together to interact and meet. If a group of friends has room in their party and wouldn't mind hosting a new addition, that would be wonderful too. We'll sort it out at the start of the event.
  • After the performance, everyone is welcome to use /em and /say and can change parties as wanted.

[Image: PQ9ibJ4.jpg]

Music and stories from some special guest speakers and bards will highlight the evening. After the presentation, everyone is encouraged to mingle, give prayers and thoughts, or partake in the smaller congregations. 

Blessings and wisdom will be given to those who wish in attendance.

Entire main event is planned to last a hour with hosts staying around afterwards for free-form role play.

~While this is a pilgrimage in celebration of one of the Twelve, really would like to express the theme and environment of this event is to come together and have an inspiration evening for each other and on reflection. This night will not have strong overtones of worship and ceremony.~

Performing Guests:
Berrod Armstrong
Byrnhilde Wulf
Ciel Sauveterre
Cliodhna Eoghan
Jana Ridah

Nathan Telluride

Blessers/Sages:
Berrod Armstrong
Adalhaid Rask (Oli)

Guards:
Coatleque
Harbingers of Dawn

[Image: Rhalgr_Icon.png]

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Star Lin - 08-20-2015

Going to be a bit late for the event but Kestlona should be there, to honor her teacher's god.

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-21-2015

(08-20-2015, 09:37 PM)Star Lin Wrote: Going to be a bit late for the event but Kestlona should be there, to honor her teacher's god.

Yay! Blush 

Gotten some whispers and skype messages on people who are looking forward to how this event won't just be carnage... Huh ... and will be coming by!

I'll be bugging all of these lovely speakers to friend them (was my real plan all along) and touch base on what their plans are to make it all flow well. Laugh

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Berrod Armstrong - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 03:00 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 09:37 PM)Star Lin Wrote: Going to be a bit late for the event but Kestlona should be there, to honor her teacher's god.

Yay! Blush 

Gotten some whispers and skype messages on people who are looking forward to how this event won't just be carnage... Huh ... and will be coming by!

I'll be bugging all of these lovely speakers to friend them (was my real plan all along) and touch base on what their plans are to make it all flow well. Laugh
I'll work on Berrod's presentation this weekend and run it by you to make sure it isn't too much/too preachy!

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Telluride - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 03:03 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 03:00 PM)Jancis Wrote:

Yay! Blush 

I'll work on Berrod's presentation this weekend and run it by you to make sure it isn't too much/too preachy!

As a scheduled speaker - and one whom I still think worries Jancis that she'll need to double-stuff her fainting couch - I remind all our Destroyer devotees to focus on the performance, and consult this visitation of one of our Avatars:

Show Content

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-25-2015

(08-21-2015, 03:03 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I'll work on Berrod's presentation this weekend and run it by you to make sure it isn't too much/too preachy!
I have been away from the computer much more of the weekend than I first anticipated. I'm it! I'm tagged! I will come find you! Exclamation

(08-21-2015, 03:07 PM)Telluride Wrote: As a scheduled speaker - and one whom I still think worries Jancis that she'll need to double-stuff her fainting couch - I remind all our Destroyer devotees to focus on the performance, and consult this visitation of one of our Avatars:

Show Content
Hehehehe Rolleyes it's going to be great. One of the secret jobs of the guards is to keep Jancis on her feet. Smelling salts abound!

~~~~~~~~
Notes for the event are out to all the guests who will share their words and inspiration! I will work on finding and friend-ing everyone involved.

**If anyone needs to pick up the Little Ala Mhigo crystal or need help finding the location of the Destroyer's stone please let me know, we will be starting at the destination as opposed to walking there together.

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Telluride - 08-25-2015

The nature of the performance I am planning, if done to capacity, will call for some additional pyrotechnics. If anyone is willing to add a little personal bang (spells/combat effects/explody things) to a performance, please let me know!

After all, we don't get to have a featured list of tough-as-nails Highlanders praising the Destroyer every day, do we?

(What? I'm a showman, by thunder...)

(And yes, Jancis, I will happily share with you what I'm up to, in case you are worrying...)

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Star Lin - 08-26-2015

Dang it, I'm going to miss it after all.  One of the guys has a family reunion and ask me to cover the last part of his shift.  So I'm not getting out of work until 6:45 pm.

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-26-2015

(08-25-2015, 05:35 PM)Telluride Wrote: After all, we don't get to have a featured list of tough-as-nails Highlanders praising the Destroyer every day, do we?

(What? I'm a showman, by thunder...)

What could possibly go wrong? Geek hehehe - seriously though thank you for easing my fears on random spell stuff.

This is going to be awesome.

(08-26-2015, 09:46 AM)Star Lin Wrote: Dang it, I'm going to miss it after all.  One of the guys has a family reunion and ask me to cover the last part of his shift.  So I'm not getting out of work until 6:45 pm.

Aww, curse your kind and understanding heart... Heart sadly the events just aren't very retail-friendly. 

IC bulletin prompt has been posted. Hopefully tonight - late late tonight - I'll send out some wishes to all of Jancis' friends list and spread the word further in game.

If your character:
 - has connections to Ala Mhigo or Ala Mhigan friends
 - follows Rhalgr as their Guardian
 - follows Nymeia, Byregot, or Halone and has a curiosity in related Twelve
 - has friends that can push them to stand at events
 - heard about it in town or from a passing pilgrim/travelers
 - got hired as a basic ceremonial guard to help 'present a safe atmosphere'
 - likes music and bards
 - likes stories
 - has a crush on Berrod, Byrn, Clio, or Jana (the non-bards) 
 - seeks blessings
 - is worried someone might show up who has a crush on the above mentioned

Then you have a reason to show up.

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - I'nhalki - 08-26-2015

Looking forward to watching both my first full Grindstone event and first pilgrim event this weekend! Thank you for all of the love you put in to organizing these.

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Flora - 08-26-2015

I AM SO THERE. CactuarCactuarCactuar

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-28-2015

(08-26-2015, 06:53 PM)I Wrote: Looking forward to watching both my first full Grindstone event and first pilgrim event this weekend! Thank you for all of the love you put in to organizing these.

Wow. Thank you Blush 

(08-26-2015, 10:03 PM)Flora Wrote: I AM SO THERE. CactuarCactuarCactuar

Woot!

Awesome! I'm finally returning to the game after some outside influences. I'm nervous, but now on my 11th event it's just a natural reaction. Rolleyes

Letters are out IC in game to 'plug' the event. Going to check through linkshells and see if anyone needs anything beforehand. Just a few days away!

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Gegenji - 08-28-2015

I got my IC letter! Chachan'll be showing up to halp Jancis out where he can! Though... I don't think he'd be too keen on any deity called the "Destroyer." Sad

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Jancis - 08-28-2015

(08-28-2015, 09:54 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I got my IC letter! Chachan'll be showing up to halp Jancis out where he can! Though... I don't think he'd be too keen on any deity called the "Destroyer." Sad

Sir Gegenji knows better than to judge a book by its cover! Cool Or he can be proven seriously correct about his fears and give certain high landers funny looks going forward...

Besides it'll be perfect for his little red armor (bunny!) I still love this screenie

[Image: tumblr_ntmddtipXD1urn9szo1_1280.jpg]
HeartHeartHeart

RE: Celebration of the Destroyer - Sunday Aug 30th - Star Lin - 08-28-2015

John receive his letter but is still recovering from his run in with the void control Fabrellet.  I'll have the screenshot posted up so you guys will know how bad it was right before the dagger was broken.  He is healing and finally work up for a bit to send letter to Warren, Sei, and Howl to let them know he's alright before going back to sleep.  He woke up completely last night to find Jancis letter on the night stand beside the medbay bed.

Wish I could attend but his family doesn't get together often and the extra couple of hours will be a nice addition to my paycheek.