Hydaelyn Role-Players
Finally joined the board! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finally joined the board! (/showthread.php?tid=1279)

Pages: 1 2

Finally joined the board! - Orlog - 05-12-2012

Greetings!

I've been reading this board for a little while, but I thought I might as well get around to posting and actually making an introduction for myself. I am the second in command Misericorde, though my position is a little bit more behind the scenes to that of the other leaders of the group.

Anyway, on to these questions:

--MMORPG background
I feel like it would take time to spell out what I haven'€™t played as far as MMOs go in recent time. But, I'€™ll just stick to the ones I'€™ve actually stuck around for any good amount of time.
*I was on Final Fantasy XI for three years.
*Went to Warhammer Online for a couple of years under the same guild name.
*Went to Aion under a couple of groups, but ended up under Accordance for the longest time.
*Still currently have a life time account on Champions with our group €œBarghest€, though we're completely unactive.
*Came to FFXIV, but was unhappy with a lot of the changes, so I tried out Star Wars Online (and that didn't really pan out for too long) and came back!
--FFXIV goes down!
*Guild Wars 2 finally came out and I fell in love with it. I'm very active on this game, though I haven't had a lot of RP experience with it.
*Ended up trying out Lord of the Rings Online, which I'm still... kind of playing off and on.
*Played The Secret World with a Lifetime account until end game. We're under the same guild, and still slightly active.

--RP experience
I've RPed (though, not so often) since my time on Final Fantasy XI. RPing has basically become a large part of all of my MMO experiences. I don't expect that will change any time in the future.

--Character ideas/info
Without giving too much away (because honestly, finding out about a character through interaction is the best way to do it)¦ Beatric is a self-proclaimed forest guide that tends to keep in the Gridania area. Before coming to her area, she actually spent the first part of her life studying Anthropology going as far as actually finish her schooling. However, for her own reasons, she skipped going into a job related to her field of study and opted to brave the wilds of unknown areas.

From what other character can see, she takes up a huge interest in the Beastmen tribes and constantly tries to fight against naming them the "bad guys"€. She also has a clear interest in magic, but the amount she actually knows is somewhat skeptical. And as far as personality, she's very much socially backwards, has a tendency to ask inappropriate questions, and clearly has a problem with filtering her thoughts.

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Isaac actually showed it to be a while ago, but I just never got around to registering until now.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'm personally more of a medium to light type of player.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Hm well, I'm currently attending college to get a degree in Illustration. So, I guess you could consider me an artist? Also, despite being an RPer, I actually enjoy hearing other peoples stories more than making my own.

Anyway, that's about it on this end. Look forward to seeing ya'll around the board. Smile

Re: Finally joined the board! - Mtoto Wamoto - 05-13-2012

ABOUT TIME!

Re: Finally joined the board! - Orlog - 05-29-2012

MtotoWamoto Wrote:ABOUT TIME!

RIGHT?! Moogle

Re: Finally joined the board! - Xenedra - 05-29-2012

About time seconded!

RE: Finally joined the board! - Orlog - 05-13-2013

Rather than make another thread on the same subject, I figured I may as well just bump my old one. The game's going to be up soon(-ish?) and that means I'll be making my way back in the scene! ...Hopefully with 100% more arts.

So, hi again!

RE: Finally joined the board! - Xenedra - 05-13-2013

Re hi Big Grin

RE: Finally joined the board! - Vixeren - 05-13-2013

Yes welcome. Cool

RE: Finally joined the board! - Deirdre - 05-13-2013

Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Big Grin

RE: Finally joined the board! - Luka Paluka - 05-13-2013

Welcome to the forums! Well, registering to them I guess! Wink
Always nice to see more people!

Looking forward to seeing you around here and in-game come release! Big Grin

RE: Finally joined the board! - Acistian - 05-14-2013