Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? (/showthread.php?tid=12789)

Pages: 1 2

Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Marisa - 08-01-2015

The one we were debating over whether or not she was possibly half lalafell?

Did y'all notice she doesn't have a tail? 

[Image: eMckhPG.png]

There's a slot for a tail. But no tail. Illuminati cheesemake?

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Faye - 08-01-2015

She does have a tail; it's a little bob-tail! Smile

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Marisa - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 12:11 AM)Faye Wrote: She does have a tail; it's a little bob-tail! Smile
Nah I got down there and looked, that's just an empty hole on the coat :O

was gonna go back and get a picture, but now she's disappeared again >: (

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Roda - 08-01-2015

[Image: EjjMRsS.png]
She's still a Miqit'ten
And like real life kittens, their ears are oversized and tails stubbier compared to their adult counterparts' proportions.

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Faye - 08-01-2015

You can see where the tail protrudes over the belt, and if you look at how it's textured, it's made to look furry. Big Grin

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Merri - 08-01-2015

They most definitely have little stub tails. Probably just a childhood thing. They grow into their ears, and their tails grow out as they get older~

[Image: hrEdG0d.png]
[Image: 5wTiMwt.png]

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Duplicitous Dame - 08-01-2015

Where can I find this adorable little munchkin!? She's so kyoot I can't stand it! -flails-

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the title, LOL! But she is adorable Big Grin.

(08-01-2015, 12:25 AM)Roda Wrote: [Image: EjjMRsS.png]
She's still a Miqit'ten
And like real life kittens, their ears are oversized and tails stubbier compared to their adult counterparts' proportions.

I see the point about the other girl also having a little stub for a tail, but in my defense, I want to point out that what you circled is part of the coat. It may have a tail under it, but all that's visible in that picture is the cover for the tail-hole.

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Shoshopu - 08-01-2015

As a lalafell with a eye-to-butt level view, I can assure you it is a little bob tail.

[Image: RYD4lpM.png]

(08-01-2015, 01:24 AM)Shoshopu Wrote: As a lalafell with a eye-to-butt level view, I can assure you it is a little bob tail.

[Image: RYD4lpM.png]
Wow, it is just a whole different world down there, huh? But yeah, I certainly can't argue with that. So many pieces of gear have that weird tail-cover, I guess I just mentally wrote it off upon seeing it.  

It looks like a hamster tail :<

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Fox - 08-01-2015

[Image: kuril-bobtail-kitten-4875869.jpg]

x3 Bobtail kittens have cute fluff tails too.

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Merri - 08-01-2015

Since we are on the subject of Miqo'te things, I realized something the other day that kinda blew my mind. Didn't feel it worth making a thread over, though.

[Image: P1g4Wjr.png]

Male Miqo'te's facial markings are based off Cheetahs. : o
Only took me like two years to come to that conclusion.

(08-01-2015, 01:43 AM)Merri Wrote: Since we are on the subject of Miqo'te things, I realized something the other day that kinda blew my mind. Didn't feel it worth making a thread over, though.
<snip>
Male Miqo'te's facial markings are based off Cheetahs. : o
Only took me like two years to come to that conclusion.

If you would like some even more cool information about cheetahs and the marks...

lions.org Wrote:"Those black lines down their face are called "tear marks" and they are also to prevent glare from the hot overhead Sun."
http://www.lions.org/cheetah.html

Which means the marks could be because of the heat Miqo'te often deal with. I'm not sure what their homelands were like however.

RE: Hey, remember that Miqo'te "child" in Idylshire? - Sounsyy - 08-01-2015

(08-01-2015, 07:15 AM)Foxberry Wrote: Which means the marks could be because of the heat Miqo'te often deal with. I'm not sure what their homelands were like however.

Meracydia's (the Miqo'te home continent) northern region is a desert. So it actually makes good sense.

(08-01-2015, 09:08 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: Meracydia's (the Miqo'te home continent) northern region is a desert. So it actually makes good sense.

Oh that's very interesting! I vaguely recalled the name but I couldn't remember what it's region was like. Thank you very much Sounsyy.