Hydaelyn Role-Players
Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? (/showthread.php?tid=12606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - -no longer matters- - 07-15-2015

I kind of consider this a spin-off of the thread asking if there were any legendary/mythical heroes. It got me thinking, I wonder how many of us have heroes aspiring to be more, and how many of us are just trying to live day to day with our characters.

So I'll start since I made this thread.

War Siren when she was younger very much wanted to be like some of the legendary Warrior Heroes of her people (Hellsguard) she idolized them, Hell Iron Eater was like her version of Superman. That's what set her on her path. I'd like to think that even though she's been through a lot, and she's getting older. That somewhere that want to be a legendary hero still remains in the back of her head, hell who knows maybe to some random person who's life she touched she is.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Threndual - 07-15-2015

Baatu is more like Deadpool in the fact all he want's out of life is money, women and conflict. If it just so happens he gains these three things by felling evil beings and some considering him a hero then so be it, if not, chance are he'll end up being seen as more of a bad guy. All depends on how things go I suppose.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Griffith! - 07-15-2015

Marten wants to be a hero... sort of. He is good, noble, upright... y'know - "heroic." But it's not like he throws himself into fights that are beyond him or anything. He isn't about to pick a fight with an army, or tangle with a Primal. He's an adventurer, not an idiot.

Show Content

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Steel Wolf - 07-15-2015

Recent events in Steel's life have changed her perspective on what it means to be a warrior, and she wants to gain strength and levy that strength to truly become a hero.

Short version: She's seen some shit, man. And she's not gonna take it no 'mo.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Cynel1 - 07-15-2015

As a Child Cyneler Dreamed of being a hero from the Stories he read during while at the orphanage.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - -no longer matters- - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 06:09 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Short version: She's seen some shit, man.  And she's not gonna take it no 'mo.
Yeah War's pretty much there herself, though her path has taken her to some darker places on her journey and ultimately made her retire her Axe.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Virella - 07-15-2015

Vi here has a huge obsession with becoming a famous Astrologian! I would not say so much of a hero, but rather a legend Smile

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Caspar - 07-15-2015

No, but she might in the future. A lot of my stories tend to end up being about how this is a bad thing, but unavoidable for some, anyway.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Kellach Woods - 07-15-2015

Kell has essentially been raised on heroics all his life - his best friends were books because he couldn't get out of bed or if so, not for long. That he was able to accomplish all he did even though he's not always stable is actually a lot more heroic than anything he has accomplished, so good on him!

The problem is that he has a shaky sense of self, enough that he'd vehemently deny having done some of the things he has, which isn't exactly heroic. He also has no sense of perspective, being far too willing to gordian knot his way through problems that would require a more extensive solution.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Kurt S. - 07-15-2015

One of em used to but then shit's happened to him so that crosses it out.

Then there's Nah whose self proclaimed occupation is half-baked heroine. She's read a few too many of what might probably pass for DC/Marvel stuff of Eorzea and idolizes the characters. She's always wanted to be the kind that protects and helps.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 07-15-2015

not really. for the longest time clio's focus was always self survival and getting her orders done. now it's shifted a little bit to show more concern for those close to her but that's simply because she's starting to make lasting connections with others. even though that's changed some of her views; she's most likely not jumping into a burning house anytime soon to save a stranger ;p

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - Xydane - 07-15-2015

Growing up, Xydane and his older brother Marcus lived under the heroic shadow of their father and his comrades. Since childhood, both boys were raised "on the edge of the sword", learning how to fight and become soldiers like their father before them.

With time came change - a lot of change. Their destined path took them elsewhere after the brothers lost their home, family, and friends. When the Vale brothers discovered Ishgard, a new path was forged. Ultimately, both men lost their sense of heroism and became cynical. Though their deeds are just, their way of accomplishing them may like the complete opposite.

You could say that Xydane still believes himself to be a hero for the people but that's just a fantasy. In reality, he has become something darker entirely.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - WorstRPerEver - 07-15-2015

Jad wants to be a hero. It's one of his greatest ambitions.

The problem is, he has no idea how to become a hero, and his idea of what heroism is comes from tall tales. Laugh

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - mongi291 - 07-15-2015

Ophelie couldn't care less.
Isaulde... eh. She's a Dark Knight, so she's used to being despised. While she'd love to be considered an hero for what she does, she knows it will never happen.

RE: Does your Character aspire to be a Hero? - -no longer matters- - 07-15-2015

(07-15-2015, 09:05 PM)mongi291 Wrote: Ophelie couldn't care less.
Isaulde... eh. She's a Dark Knight, so she's used to being despised. While she'd love to be considered an hero for what she does, she knows it will never happen.
War Siren is also in the Dark Knight category now. But I don't think she's given up yet, I think she still feels she can be a dark Avenger of the people.