Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12523)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Kage - 07-10-2015

The Q&A was interesting!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/246971-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Q-A-Update-Thread

Show Content

Things of note while I get the WIP worked on.

HOUSEMATES TO FEED CHOCOS, DECORATE, AND GARDEN!

Haucherfante minion in 3.1

They're not really going to change the glamor/inventory system just yet but they're making adjustments and looking into ways. It won't be soon.

3.05 will add additional ways to upgrade Law other than Hunts.

They're looking into ways to move peoples houses to other wards (particularly in the case current houses to ishgardian) before actually putting in the ishgard wards.

3.1 will throw in TP bars in the party view list. No numbers just the bar.

They've already got more jobs balancing in mind for MCH and AST. BRD and BLM too

3.1 FREE COMPANY NAME CHANGES

Hopefully EU data centers for 3.1

NA CARBUNCLE PLUSHY PRE-ORDERS SOON. MID-SEPTEMBER??? NOW

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Gegenji - 07-10-2015

I'm curious what they mean with Living Death - their answer, I mean, not the question in and of itself. Living Death really does seem... subpar compared to the other two (with Hallowed Ground being hands down the best for defensive situations and Holmgang's rooting and yanking adding utility). Considering the DRK's drain focus - I've actually put forth the idea in conversation that it be a big AoE-style drain to replenish health when low. But that's neither here nor there.

And as for the PLD combo question, I actually manage to use all three finishers well enough on bosses. DoT first, then the debuff, then Royal Authority - and I don't see either debuff dropping. I think it's a matter of timing, though, if I did the debuff THEN the DoT, then the debuff's timer is low by the time I get to the RA step and requires almost immediate refreshing. That all said, this only works with bosses and I usually avoid RA when dealing with trash mobs - DoT combo to regen MP for Flash, debuff combo for maintaining aggro on one/two targets.

On a less blabby note, I'm glad there'll be alternate Law upgrade options (and I hope they aren't too difficult to obtain) and super happy that they're finally putting in TP bars.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - -no longer matters- - 07-10-2015

Yay fixes to Dark Knight coming (But honestly I don't have any issue with DrK and my healers never complain... But I'll take fixes!)

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Griffith! - 07-10-2015

I'm a little disappointed on some points, but then, I'm selfish. I was hoping the Ishgard wards would be out soon, and I'm still hoping for Samurai at some point in the 3.x chain - I mean, we got Ninja in the middle of the 2.x didn't we?

But I guess we'll see.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Trigonxv - 07-10-2015

Finally the party can see tp consumption only took them an expac to put it in.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Steel Wolf - 07-10-2015

I have yet to use Living Dead myself, but the pressure it applies to healers just seems astronomical.

It either needs to be adjusted heavily or completely binned and re-imagined in to something else entirely.

Mercifully, I have never found myself in a position to need Living Dead, but still...there is enough skill bloat on my three hotbars already. There needs to be a culling or an adjustment.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Gegenji - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 11:21 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I have yet to use Living Dead myself, but the pressure it applies to healers just seems astronomical.

I've used it in a couple panic situations, and I've only survived it activating once because I got some serious heals dropped on me. The other times it either activated and then I died because we were still in a bad situation, or the healer got to me before it even activated and it faded away uselessly.

It is not very good, and requires great coordination with your healer to make it work... and if you have good coordination you shouldn't be needing to use it in the first place.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - -no longer matters- - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 11:34 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 11:21 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I have yet to use Living Dead myself, but the pressure it applies to healers just seems astronomical.

I've used it in a couple panic situations, and I've only survived it activating once because I got some serious heals dropped on me. The other times it either activated and then I died because we were still in a bad situation, or the healer got to me before it even activated and it faded away uselessly.

It is not very good, and requires great coordination with your healer to make it work... and if you have good coordination you shouldn't be needing to use it in the first place.
I'm still leveling my DrK so I haven't come across this yet. But in theory couldn't you pop Convalescence to help healers get back up to full more easily? (assuming you didn't already pop it.)

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Kage - 07-10-2015

What... does living dead do?

Because Nero pops it and I dunno if it's saved him or what. Or if it was me and or Roen >.>

Living Death when, popped, puts a buff on you. If you would die while this buff is up, you instead are healed to full and get a debuff. If you are not topped off by a healer (I don't quite understand the mechanics on this part, seeing as you're at full health once it activates - maybe you need to be overhealed?) before this debuff expires... you die.

If you do not actually die while the buff is active, it fades and the effect (and cooldown) is wasted.

And yes, I would figure Convalescence WOULD help with dealing with it... but it's still very much on the healer to heal/overheal you in time so you don't drop. The times I've had to use it have usually been in situations like I'm in a crowd of mobs and the healer was DPSing instead of healing and the like... and so even after healing to full I'm almost immediately dropping in health again - usually too far for the healer to "top me off" before the debuff countdown finishes.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Melkire - 07-10-2015

There's a reddit thread that specifically addresses how the mechanics behind Living Dead work. (http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3c9nyo/how_living_dead_walking_dead_actually_works/)

To sum it up, if you die during Living Dead, you get healed to full and you get a debuff, as Gegenji mentioned. What's not specific in the tooltip is that you then need to be healed for an amount equivalent to your maximum HP in order to remove the debuff. Otherwise, if the debuff ticks down to 0, you die anyway. The trouble is that any amount that qualifies as overhealing does not count towards this maximum HP value.

Let's refer to some examples. DRK, 15k HP.

Example 1:

DRK is sitting at 3000/15000 HP and pops Living Dead. A big hit comes through, "killing" the DRK. leaving them at 1/15000 HP. WHM casts Benediction on DRK, bringing the DRK to 15000/15000. This has only healed the DRK for 12000. The DRK needs to take additional damage so that the WHM can heal another 1 HP in order to remove the debuff. Once that happens, debuff drops off. If the DRK received no additional heals after the Benediction, they would have died when the debuff ticked to 0.

Example 2:

DRK is sitting at 3000/15000 HP and pops Living Dead. A big hit comes through, "killing" the DRK. leaving them at 1/15000 HP. SCH hits Lustrate three times in a panic, for 6000 HP per heal. That brings DRK to 6001/15000, then 12001/15000, then 15000/15000. The debuff does not fade because the total HP healed amounted to 14999 HP, as 3001 HP from the last Lustrate that hit for 6000 HP counted as "overhealing". The DRK will have to take additional damage so that the SCH can heal 1 more HP without overhealing. If DRK and SCH don't meet this requirement, the debuff ticks to 0 and the DRK dies.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Blue - 07-10-2015

*pouts* Still nothing about new /cposes.... >_< I want to sidesaddle....!!

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Zyrusticae - 07-10-2015

Quote:Q85. What is with the small Miqo’te that can be seen in that one area? Is this something we will be able to choose as a new race in the future?

A85. Please look forward to future development. It’s difficult to implement races that have expression limitations and other issues. By the way, Lalafell heads are too big to treat them as children!
LALAQO'TE CONFIRMED!

GET HYPE! Laugh

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - Kage - 07-10-2015

I WAS WRONG NORTH AMERICA GO PRE-ORDER YOUR CARBUNCLE PLUSHIES NOW

https://store.na.square-enix.com/plush

Also available in UK store

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/merchandise/soft-toys/plush/1/ (i can't check)

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII Q&A Update Thread - mongi291 - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 01:20 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
Quote:Q85. What is with the small Miqo’te that can be seen in that one area? Is this something we will be able to choose as a new race in the future?

A85. Please look forward to future development. It’s difficult to implement races that have expression limitations and other issues. By the way, Lalafell heads are too big to treat them as children!
LALAQO'TE CONFIRMED!

GET HYPE! Laugh
I must have missed that. Has anyone got a screenshot?