Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Sigurd Sundsteigen - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Sigurd Sundsteigen (/showthread.php?tid=12492)

Sigurd Sundsteigen - Sig - 07-08-2015

I.  Basic Information

Characters
  • Sigurd Sundsteigen 
  • Traits:  Highland Male; Smuggler; and Vinter 
  • Linkshells:  Seeking Linkshells!
  • Free Companies: Seeking Free Companies! 

A.  Background

...And they said wine cultivation, "recreational sailing," and swinging weighted objects at relatively large targets would be easy?  Nonsense.  Sigurd Sundsteigen ("Sig") is not an expert at any of these crafts in particular, but various experiences over the years had made him proficient at most. 

Sig hails from the cess pit that is Little Ala Mhigo, like so many other "refugees" of highlander descent.  Unlike his brethren, Sig cared little for long-standing blood feuds with the Garleans. The family trade was always so disappointing.  Those long lectures about "honor" and "taking back the homeland," coupled with years of abuse drove him away. By the age of sixteen, Sig could wield a knife with modest skill but something felt amiss.  It was past time for a change. 

The open road turned out to be far more welcoming than the dunes of Southern Thanalan. After drifting to cooler climates, Sig managed to purchase a small plot on the edge of Wineport.  There he learned the basic tricks of the wine making trade, and developed a curious (and insatiable) appetite for a variety of vintages (and the occasional ale).

Unfortunately, wine crafting was often a fickle and seasonal mistress.  During lulls, Sig found lucrative seasonal work with various "merchant vessels" engaged in "lawful" trading and "recreational sailing" activities around Limsa Lominsa.

Strengths: (1) Wit; (2) Charisma; (3) Practicality; and (4) Enterprise

Weaknesses: (1) Alcoholism; (2) severe distrust of authority; (3) unreasonable expectations; (4) prone to indulgences; (5) lazy at times; and (6) bipolar and unstable 

II.  RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    The gamut!  I enjoy everything from heavy RP to casual RP.  

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Sig prefers to avoid open combat.  He has a knack for talking his way out of sticky situations, or only fighting when there are unfair, insurmountable advantages in his favor.  Yet, Sig still bears several scars from mistakes he has made over the years. And he'll probably earn a few more. 

• Views on IC romance:
    Sig is a womanizer.  He is especially misogynist towards the Miqo'te, which he perceives as painfully common and predictable. As such, he is often drawn to intelligent types and those who he perceives as 'novel.'  This term is difficult to define and its definition is subject to change, especially depending on how much wine remains in the decanter. ((IC romance and flirting is enjoyable, but I expect RPers to observe IC-OOC barriers)).

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Sig left his homeland at a relatively young age and has not looked back.  It's difficult to guess how he would react if he happened to stumble across one of his kin halfway across the world.  ((I'm open to extended family RPs, but would prefer to limit such relationships to RP'ers I know very well)).

• Views on lore:
    I am still learning lore but try to stay reasonably within lore when possible (but will also bend lore slightly for flavor, or if RPing casually). 

III. Other Info

• Timezone:  PST
  • Contact info: Send me a PM or message in-game.