Hydaelyn Role-Players
Need lore help for backstory building. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Need lore help for backstory building. (/showthread.php?tid=12325)

Need lore help for backstory building. - -no longer matters- - 06-29-2015

Hello all,

I'm currently constructing my characters back story, she's a Highlander Hyur, and I'm trying to build an Ala Mhigo child refugee back story for her. I was going to have her and her mother join up with possible dessert nomads, but other than Lizard Men, I'm having a hard time finding mention of any. Does anyone know if any exist outside of the Lizard Men?

Thanks!

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - Aya - 06-29-2015

The Dunesfolk were desert nomads, I'm not sure if its clear if there are others.  The Keepers of the Sun are also desert dwellers but they're not really nomads... and seem rather closed off to outsiders.

Of course, Little Ala Mhigo is a desert settlement itself.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - -no longer matters- - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 12:37 PM)Aya Wrote: The Dunesfolk were desert nomads, I'm not sure if its clear if there are others.  The Keepers of the Sun are also desert dwellers but they're not really nomads... and seem rather closed off to outsiders.

Of course, Little Ala Mhigo is a desert settlement itself.
Yeah Little Ala Mhigo is my go to if I can't find anything else.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - Magellan - 06-29-2015

Because so many Highlander refugees overcrowd the streets of Ul'dah, I think it'd be perfectly feasible some of them would try their luck out in the sands, in nomadic fashion.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 12:36 PM)Keraya WarSiren Wrote: Hello all,

I'm currently constructing my characters back story, she's a Highlander Hyur, and I'm trying to build an Ala Mhigo child refugee back story for her. I was going to have her and her mother join up with possible dessert nomads, but other than Lizard Men, I'm having a hard time finding mention of any. Does anyone know if any exist outside of the Lizard Men?

Thanks!

I'm sure there are some, for example there are also miqo'te tribes that travel the desert, and various caravans.

The sagolii is large and shifting, It wouldn't be too odd for wanderers to call it their home.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - -no longer matters- - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 12:43 PM)Magellan Wrote: Because so many Highlander refugees overcrowd the streets of Ul'dah, I think it'd be perfectly feasible some of them would try their luck out in the sands, in nomadic fashion.

(06-29-2015, 12:46 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: I'm sure there are some, for example there are also miqo'te tribes that travel the desert, and various caravans.

The sagolii is large and shifting, It wouldn't be too odd for wanderers to call it their home.

Yeah that was my initial thought too, I just wanted to see if there were any specific groups. Didn't want to stumble over lore if there was some in place for such people.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - C'kayah Polaali - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 12:37 PM)Aya Wrote: The KeepersSeekers of the Sun are also desert dwellers but they're not really nomads

There are a lot of settled Seeker tribes in the Sagolii, but that doesn't discount the idea of nomadic tribes, nor does it discount the idea that they might take in someone they found out in the desert. A lot of them, as Aya mentioned, aren't terribly accepting of outsiders, but I think there's room to say that your character and her mother might have found some.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - Aya - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 01:38 PM)C Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 12:37 PM)Aya Wrote: The KeepersSeekers of the Sun are also desert dwellers but they're not really nomads

There are a lot of settled Seeker tribes in the Sagolii, but that doesn't discount the idea of nomadic tribes, nor does it discount the idea that they might take in someone they found out in the desert. A lot of them, as Aya mentioned, aren't terribly accepting of outsiders, but I think there's room to say that your character and her mother might have found some.
How did it take that long for that to get corrected? ^_^;

"Um.. Keepers? Seekers? Um.. I can never tell the difference!"  A long standing problem as C'kayah knows :-D

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - C'kayah Polaali - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 01:39 PM)Aya Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 01:38 PM)C Wrote:

How did it take that long for that to get corrected? ^_^;

"Um.. Keepers? Seekers? Um.. I can never tell the difference!"  A long standing problem as C'kayah knows :-D

It doesn't help that C'kayah's mixed... Wink

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - Gegenji - 06-29-2015

Skeepkers of the Smooun.

RE: Need lore help for backstory building. - -no longer matters- - 06-30-2015

Thanks all! You've helped me get over that hurdle!! Now to fine tune, get DrK unlocked in game then, I can join in on the RP fun in game!