Hydaelyn Role-Players
Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. (/showthread.php?tid=12301)

Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Kaiya - 06-26-2015

So I got a new computer and SE naturally forces the password recovery since things are changed again. I have been repeatedly trying to get the recovery e-mail since Monday (6/22/2015) to no effect. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I can't get a hold of support, even when I waited in their super long chat queue and finally ended up being next in line twenty minutes before they closed, they still said no one was available and to send in an e-mail. I sent an e-mail on Tuesday and have had no response. 

I imagine there is nothing any of you can do, but if any of you have something that would be great because I really just want to attempt to play this game again.

(As a note, I'm posting here because I can't post onto the normal FFXIV forum, since I'm locked out of my account. I was just hoping someone knew something).

RE: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-26-2015

Just to rule it out, it's not ending up in a spam folder, is it?

Since a SE account is basically email-based, it sounds odd that it wouldn't have been delivered properly. (Now if they need to manually send a message, your request could just be buried underneath the thousands of other requests SE probably gets)

RE: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Zhavi - 06-26-2015

Did you get an automated 'we received your ticket' email? If not, do a thorough spam folder check. Your only other options are phone and that horrid chat queue.

RE: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Kaiya - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 08:56 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Just to rule it out, it's not ending up in a spam folder, is it?

Since a SE account is basically email-based, it sounds odd that it wouldn't have been delivered properly. (Now if they need to manually send a message, your request could just be buried underneath the thousands of other requests SE probably gets)
Nothing in the spam folder. I wish it was just that. It's never happened before, I'm assuming it's just a problem because Heavensward, but it's still irritating.

RE: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Kaiya - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 08:58 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Did you get an automated 'we received your ticket' email?  If not, do a thorough spam folder check.  Your only other options are phone and that horrid chat queue.
Did get that! Which makes the fact that I can't get the password recovery e-mail even more frustrating. It looks like they might not even be open on weekends =|

RE: Password Recovery E-mail Won't Send. - Zhavi - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 08:59 PM)Kaiya Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 08:58 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Did you get an automated 'we received your ticket' email?  If not, do a thorough spam folder check.  Your only other options are phone and that horrid chat queue.
Did get that! Which makes the fact that I can't get the password recovery e-mail even more frustrating. It looks like they might not even be open on weekends =|

Okay, so to check to see if they've gotten to it, click the link at the bottom that leads to 'cancel ticket'. If you get this:

Quote:Response to the contact you have submitted has already been made.

Please check the mailbox of e-mail address you have registered on to your Square Enix Account.
We apologize that the response has crossed in the mail.

Then the email is on its way.

For reference, I submitted a ticket on a sunday and got an email response on a wednesday (which in turn directed me to phone and chat).