Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Milloux Allard (And other characters!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Milloux Allard (And other characters!) (/showthread.php?tid=12277)

Milloux Allard (And other characters!) - Milloux - 06-25-2015

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:
    Milloux Allard - Sharp-tongued Duskwight 'Good Samaritan' that hides good intentions with a swaggering facade. Reeling from the disappearance of her husband; she's left the care of the Covenant Clinic in the care of others, while she occupies herself with any distraction possible. (Tumblr - possible nsfw)

Nalette Rainteau
    -

Quiet, reserved Wildwood arcanist with a penchant for dabbling in dangerous ancient magics and alchemy.  She's absolutely fascinated with the ancient art of Summoning, but has yet to learn if she has the potential for such things... ( Tumblr - possible nsfw)

Leandre Mercier -
    Confident and charming researcher; he runs the day-to-day Operations of the Covenant Clinic with his partner, Isende Raiseau.  Left Ishgard amidst whispers of heresy, which are more-than-likely entirely unsubstantiated. (Tumblr - possible nsfw)

Emiyyah Lyehga - Courtesan, songstress and proprietress of a small pillowhouse in Ul'dah.  Her services mainly consist of providing conversation and polite company, dancing & music, and massage & spa services to those seeking such things.  Very few learn the true purpose of her business~ (Tumblr - possible nsfw!)

T'many Allowe - Scrawny and loudmouthed Sunseeker courier in Ul'dah. Likes free food and instigating arguments. Self-declared 'Leader' of a 'tribe' of other strays and misfits. (Tumblr - possible nsfw)

(Should note, I don't have wiki entries for them just yet. I'll get those done...one day!  I also have a few others, but they're minor and mostly NPCs!)

• Primary character:  Milloux Allard
  • Linkshells:  A few private ones owned by friends!
  • Primary RP linkshell:See above!
II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium/Heavy.  Please note that I can't commit to being IC 100% of the time in-game nor do I believe in 'total immersion' - OOC communication is important to me after some bad run-ins in the past. If whispered or emoted at, I'm usually amenable to emoting back. (and if not, I'll most likely politely whisper you and apologize!)

I enjoy both casual walk-up social RP and more sweeping involved storylines when they present themselves.

I'm adaptive to my RP-partner's writing preferences.  For the sake of not clogging chatboxes in busy public places, I'll keep things brief, but I do skew towards 'paragraph' posting in private or when RPing on other mediums, such as skype.  I like descriptions!

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Combat and action RP are super fun when in the context of a larger story or it makes sense for the scene, and I'm not opposed to it on any of my characters and weighing the consequences. (which can be just as fun for a storyline)  I love D&D style dungeon crawls and scenarios, too.

As stated above, OOC communication is very important to me in scenes like this.  Having a loose general idea of what to expect from a scene, and ensuring it's going to be fun for everyone involved is awesome.  I'm fine with my characters taking punches (and they do deserve it sometimes,) but no one is losing a limb unless I've given the OK.

• Views on IC romance:
    I really enjoy romantic plots; it's one of my guilty pleasures in RP.  I love the character development that can come from it in the scope of a larger plotline, and plays into my love of watching how character interactions evolve and change.

That said, it's one of those things that needs to happen organically and make sense for the characters involved, and must be with a player I feel comfortable with. IC/OOC division is an absolute must, and both player and character must be adults.  No exceptions.

Also, since this has been a thing that's happened a few times already, unfortunately... While I am open to romantic plots / partnerships for my characters that aren't already attached, I don't really appreciate being approached solely with the goal of ERP.  I'm not opposed to 'adult' RP, but I'm not actively seeking it out, either. 

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Yes please! I love discussing possible connections for my characters. Academic colleagues and rivals, childhood friends, distant relatives? People to get into trouble with? All good! Can be a great springboard for RP and storylines when some history is already built in. 

• Views on lore:
    I believe in using the lore given to us in a game to it's fullest for RP, and why not?  We've been given this huge awesome setting to play with!

I'm not opposed to fanon theory or creative interpretations of lore as long as it's logical and makes sense.  I'm honestly always pretty impressed by what people come up with, especially when exploring the cultural quirks, lore, and differences between some of the races.

But also - RP what you want! My opinion on your fun doesn't matter!

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    /em - Character actions, may include IC speech as part of an overall post
    /say - IC in the context of an RP scene unless including OOC brackets
    Linkshells / Parties / etc-- Depends entirely on their purpose. I'm fine RPing in /p if a situation calls for it, and obviously an IC linkshell would be used in the parameters set by it's owners.
III. Other Info
  • Timezone:EST
  • Contact info: PM, Tumblr, in-game tell! (Will give skype info privately, if wanted!)

RE: Nalette Glaevuex - Milloux - 08-23-2015

Updated my character list / tweaked a few things!

RE: Nalette Glaevuex - Khunbish Avagnar - 08-23-2015

I would definitely be interested in meeting up with some of your characters, whichever you would like to have involved with a Xaela Rogue in whatever fashion you'd like. ^^

RE: Milloux Allard (And other characters!) - Milloux - 08-31-2016

Updating this, since it's been over a year!   Would love to make some new contacts! <3