Hydaelyn Role-Players
Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Can't play now, so I did a thing! (/showthread.php?tid=12116)

Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Griffith! - 06-18-2015

I am absolutely certain I'm not the first person to do this, and not even well. Just... so confident. But I made some of my favorite characters in the benchmark because... look, I'm just super bored, alright?

First, Rush Sykes. His exact hair was already in the game, so my brain went "what the hell?" I tried anyway.
[Image: tumblr_nq4muapl311s5uqxwo1_500.png]
Orran Durai, Final Fantasy Tactics.  Hair similar to his was right there, and so... yeah. It's dumb.
[Image: tumblr_nq4muapl311s5uqxwo2_1280.png]
Squall Leonhart. There was the scar, and the hair was similar... I have no justification, really.
[Image: tumblr_nq4muapl311s5uqxwo3_540.png]
This one was cheating. The only thing I changed from the stupid Squall one was the face. Every other option is exactly the same. Tiz Arrior, Bravely Default.
[Image: tumblr_nq4muapl311s5uqxwo4_1280.png]
It's not actually Ramza Beoulve. It's Marten Arkwright. But some of the people in my last dungeon run were making fun of me, and this is what they compared me to. Because... i dunno, blondes in blue armor? Whatever.
[Image: tumblr_nq4muapl311s5uqxwo5_540.jpg]

So, I'm clearly taking my break from the game well. How's everyone else?

RE: Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Leomoon - 06-18-2015

I really liked Last remnant, the only bad part about the lot is that they immediately replace a character with there "Daughter" (Clone) and don't even really hide it by her having different gear. The only thing I wished out of the combat is that we could have controlled how the group moved around to avoid those unexpected run ins with other mobs.

RE: Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Griffith! - 06-18-2015

I didn't mind the groups moving on their own so much, although I do hate being intercepted. I agree wholeheartedly about their decision to kill a central character and immediately replace her with an identical version sans hat, though.

On the whole, though, I enjoyed Last Remnant - especially the really odd races. I mean, four-armed cat men? Who comes up with this stuff?

RE: Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Leomoon - 06-18-2015

they defiantly had ideas for the world and they worked, I also did like they foreshadowed the character with having her show up in the towns before I think Disc 2.

RE: Can't play now, so I did a thing! - Griffith! - 06-18-2015

Yeah, it's a small side quest, finding her in each town before the event itself. I have the PC version, which is... well, better in most respects to the 360 version, too.

RE: Can't play now, so I did a thing! - TheLastCandle - 06-18-2015

Nice. Big Grin Last Remnant is one of my favorite SE games. It's criminal just how overlooked it is. But I was psyched (ha) when I saw the updates that brought Rush and Irina's hairstyles into XIV.