Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Heavensward appreciation thread! (/showthread.php?tid=11991)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Cato - 06-09-2015

With the expansion itself just over a week away I think it's safe to suggest that a lot of players are very excited and can hardly wait. Consider this thread as being both a countdown until the expansion and a place to discuss everything the expansion is going to bring us. Though I'd appreciate it very much if everything was kept fairly civil and positive!

So, I'll get the ball rolling with a probing question:

What are you looking forward to the most in Heavensward?

For me, personally, it's difficult to settle on just one thing. I haven't been this ridiculously excited about a game's expansion since TBC and WOTLK back when I was invested in WoW.

Heavensward is very much to my tastes in many ways as I'm a huge fan of gritty elves that are distrustful/wary of outsiders. Ishgard has intrigued me for a while and soon enough we'll get to explore it! 

I'm also a huge fan of the games music (since a solid soundtrack helps keep me interested in a game and makes it very memorable in my mind) so I'm looking forward to hearing the new tracks.

Quests are something I enjoy doing - especially if they're story heavy - so continuing the main scenario will be a lot of fun for me.

Then there's the new race. I find the Au Ra (well, the men at least) very aesthetically pleasing. I think they'll make a fine addition to the game and I hope they have a lot of intriguing lore to work with. I may end up making one as an alt at some point though I haven't decided yet.

I'll probably have more to add later for now I'll leave it at that!

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Warren Castille - 06-09-2015

New skills, and new places to use them! I play this game to play it primarily, and the roleplay and community is just a tasty tasty frosting.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Roen - 06-09-2015

Ishgard!!!

I looooved Coerthas setting when I did the MSQ quests through it. The unforgiving environment, the theocracy, and every bias and paranoia that came with it!

I want more Ishgard lore. I want to explore Ishgard. I am very excited to see how the story plays out there.

Also more lore on Au Ra please! While I will not be playing one immediately, I am interested to see how others will introduce/RP their Au Ra characters. I would LOVE to know the naming conventions already...

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - TheLastCandle - 06-09-2015

Machinist for my Lalafell. Dark-ass-Knight for Yvelont. A fun RP plot on the side to play out with friends as we ease our characters into the icy north. Ohhhh yes.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - ArmachiA - 06-09-2015

Machinist. Been waiting for a gun class since launch of 1.0. IT IS TIME/

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Harmonixer - 06-09-2015

For myself, it's just more game. I have only been really playing this since Jan. While I've had one eye on this site and the other on the general updates but not really participating until recently has been an absolute thrill for me.

I'm quite excited specifically for Au Ra. I hope that I'm able to bring something to the table that is both enjoyable for the people I rp with AND myself. I may have even successfully left my own trope of being the 'bad guy'. But that's hardly to do with the game. I want to play a huge monster man with horns and wear more pretty armor and get hit in the face.

The leap that DRK has, it's damn near sexual lust for me. I want that skill so badly. I can't wait to use it. Another tank class, a ranged DPS concept that I truly enjoy. More skills, more lore!

In particular, the dungeon content interests me. I almost wish I could have an endless supply of dungeons and story to chew through sometimes. I like doing questlines up until a big finish. The time invested is a real rush for me. I'm so pleased with how this game handles group content. I find it very engaging.

And surprisingly, the idea of new players on this game pleases me the most. More people should really come to try this title out and this is a perfect time to join in on the hype train. Will it last? Will the stops be worthwhile? At this rate, it seems dangerous to consider anything else. But at least I'll be a cool horned dood that breaks shit for a little with friends. I couldn't ask for more.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Edgar - 06-09-2015

Alexander. I loved the hell out of the Binding Coil's art direction, and I cannot wait to see what they do with an idea such as scaling a giant robot and tearing its innards apart.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Aaron - 06-09-2015

DRK DRK DRK DRK DRK DRK

I started off as a PLD FOOLISHLY DREAMING they'd have ONE greatsword at least for me to use. Was sadly disappointed. But that's all changing now (Shout out to ROG for giving me my second fetish of dual wielding)

A little sad scythes aren't with these DRK like XI but I'll keep my hopes up for a future class.

MCH would be a secondary. My roommate constantly talks about she can't wait to go AST.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Qhora Bajihri - 06-09-2015

Getting to level again. I've missed it so hard, I've been playing both an alt and FFXI, just to scratch that 'ding, you get a level!' itch. I'm not entirely sure on the why, but having all those capped things suddenly uncapped, plus a little dose of new things I've never seen before to level, it all just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

New fish! I spread it out pretty well, but now that I've finally got all the fish, sometimes I get sad looking at the complete lack of blanks to hunt for in the fish log. Fishing was my first 50. Can't wait for new fishing places and challenges.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - U'roh Tia - 06-09-2015

What can I say? It's focused on Ishgard, the nation inspired by my favorite FF Ever, my favorite FF job ever is pretty much it's poster child. I am getting a minor of my Favorite FF character ever. A Dark knight Cecil helmet and to top it off, A GUN?! Yeah Heavensward is gonna be awesome. The only way this can get better is if God forbid Yoshida pulls something from the lore and Ishgard gets a Grand Company for players.

Machinist earned all of my heart, the ammo mechanics and animations showed clear understanding from the dev team that they put a lot of work into the understanding and flavor of using a firearm. While I may not RP it ICly. I will certainly be making it my Main Ranged DPS. 

I am eager to dive into the bountiful Ishgardian Lore, to learn about this nation and it's wars with the dragons. Where it's Dark Knights started.

So much to be hyped for...

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Nako Vesh - 06-09-2015

I'm looking forward to a NEW TANKING CLASS TO PLAY WITH! And all the random RP I'll hopefully find while leveling and wandering around. Finding RP while out in the world is my favorite!

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - shotgunbadger - 06-09-2015

Really eager to see Ishgard finally, the new classes look fun, FC airships is a great idea, all in all it's a great looking expansion.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Leggerless - 06-09-2015

Famitsu Interview Wrote:Although it wasn't implemented as a class, we created kind of a "dueling court" based on the duelist class. We're taking advantage of the Heavensward setting to bring in some elements like those which never saw the light of day. (Oda)

PvP additions and dueling? One can dream.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - Edda - 06-09-2015

I can't wait for the real endgame.

Glamours.

RE: The Heavensward appreciation thread! - OttoVann - 06-09-2015

Guess I'll be the shitposter and state how literally the only thing I care about from the xpac is new clothes.

Lore = totally irrelevant to my RP plots, actually this is true for the entire XPAC for the foreseeable future

PVE wise I'm not excited either, though my DRG is going to still fuck shit up with the fury when it comes time for that.

RIP Xpac, my RP was too good for you.