Hydaelyn Role-Players
A New Primal Approaches - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A New Primal Approaches (/showthread.php?tid=11877)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

A New Primal Approaches - Viola - 06-02-2015

There are tales of her; a lalafell dressed in cloth of deepest blue. A fury so unrelenting that it made Ifrit's fires look tame. A resolve so strong that not even Titan's might could scratch it. Many who had seen her claimed her presence wasn't that of a "Warrior of Light", but a Primal in the tiny form of a Lalafell.

Those who tried to stop her stood little chance; monster, man. It didn't matter. Her vicious onslaught frightened even the Scions of the Seventh Dawn and the three city-states as a whole. 

Many claim it was the cries of anguish and despair of the countless lalafell who suffered under oppression are what summoned her. Others claim she is the incarnation of blood lust itself. While her creation is not certain, one thing is; those who are "graced" with Memenu Menu's presence shall be judged.

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Seye Qhesu - 06-02-2015

A lalafell with the heart and pride of a Highlander...

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Viola - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 09:14 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: A lalafell with the heart and pride of a Highlander...

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:
It's more like an instance of what if the Lalafell summoned a being into existence like Good King Moggle Mog, though in this case something with a fury of a thousand suns that dislikes elves.

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Gegenji - 06-02-2015

(06-02-2015, 07:28 PM)Memenu Wrote: While her creation is not certain, one thing is; those who are "graced" with Memenu Menu's presence shall be judged.

DID SOMEONE SAY JUDGE?

[Image: cGVrLsP.jpg]

(06-02-2015, 09:19 PM)Memenu Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 09:14 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: A lalafell with the heart and pride of a Highlander...

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:
It's more like an instance of what if the Lalafell summoned a being into existence like Good King Moggle Mog, though in this case something with a fury of a thousand suns that dislikes elves.
Ah. I must ask though, are you Icly referring to your character as a Primal (example: she believes she is) or Icly playing out that she actually is one?

(06-02-2015, 09:21 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 07:28 PM)Memenu Wrote: While her creation is not certain, one thing is; those who are "graced" with Memenu Menu's presence shall be judged.

DID SOMEONE SAY JUDGE?

[Image: cGVrLsP.jpg]
*Rocket horses away*

(06-02-2015, 09:22 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:
Ah. I must ask though, are you Icly referring to your character as a Primal (example: she believes she is) or Icly playing out that she actually is one?

Little of column A, a little of column B, unlike other Primals, she can't "Temper" others.

('-' )

(06-02-2015, 09:24 PM)Memenu Wrote:

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:

Little of column A, a little of column B, unlike other Primals, she can't "Temper" others.

('-' )
Well, I welcome you to the site. Be warey that many may not accept that your character is a Primal and icly laugh at her. I know my character would play it off that she is perhaps under a temper herself or mental anguish to give her the idea that she is a primal and would probably try and study her.

( '-')

(06-02-2015, 09:26 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:
(06-02-2015, 09:24 PM)Memenu Wrote:

I'm scared!

SOMEONE HOLD ME D:

('-' )
Well, I welcome you to the site. Be warey that many may not accept that your character is a Primal and icly laugh at her. I know my character would play it off that she is perhaps under a temper herself or mental anguish to give her the idea that she is a primal and would probably try and study her.

( '-')

for all intents and purposes, lore-wise, she [isn't] a primal in the way Leviathan, Ifrit, Titan, etc are. Though IIRC Good King Moggle Mog isn't considered a Primal either. With that said, it's a gimmick I kept because Memenu is a bit like Cirno (Touhou) with a meanstreak like Akuma (Streetfighter)

( 'o')~♪

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Cato - 06-02-2015

One thing to note is that regardless as to whether your character is or isn't a Primal you're going to find your role-play very limited simply because logically most characters will either believe it to be nonsense or try to put an end to the perceived threat through deadly force.

Still, welcome to the site - I'm sure your character will make for an interesting antagonist!

(06-02-2015, 10:09 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: One thing to note is that regardless as to whether your character is or isn't a Primal you're going to find your role-play very limited simply because logically most characters will either believe it to be nonsense or try to put an end to the perceived threat through deadly force.

Still, welcome to the site - I'm sure your character will make for an interesting antagonist!

Thanks. I need to brush up about my in-world lore a bit, because I honestly can't remember if Moggle Mog is classified as a Primal or not in-universe.

I admit Memenu's bio is rather rough at the moment, but Lalafell characters are more or less completely safe around her.

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Warren Castille - 06-03-2015

I'll bite (because of course I will).

Mogglemog is summoned into existence by magical creatures with completely reaffirmed belief in the fact that their deity existed in the past. Said moogles also drew the attention of Scions and others in the Shroud - it wasn't something that just sort of accidentally happened.

So, the questions I pose to you: Who summoned you, and how do you rationalize the existence of a proto-lalafell to which be summoned? How did you avoid the attention of the various factions that exist to stop this sort of thing?

These are the sort of questions you should be prepared to answer. It's a concept most people wouldn't attempt to tackle, and I worry that majority of your experiences will be justifying your existence instead of, you know, just roleplaying.

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Viola - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 05:27 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: I'll bite (because of course I will).

Mogglemog is summoned into existence by magical creatures with completely reaffirmed belief in the fact that their deity existed in the past. Said moogles also drew the attention of Scions and others in the Shroud - it wasn't something that just sort of accidentally happened.

So, the questions I pose to you: Who summoned you, and how do you rationalize the existence of a proto-lalafell to which be summoned? How did you avoid the attention of the various factions that exist to stop this sort of thing?

These are the sort of questions you should be prepared to answer. It's a concept most people wouldn't attempt to tackle, and I worry that majority of your experiences will be justifying your existence instead of, you know, just roleplaying.

1. Who Summoned Memenu?
A group of Lalafell tortured, oppressed and suffering at the hands of the Garleans. This makes the most believable sense in both lore and in my opinon.

2. How do you rationalize the existence of a "Proto-Lalfell"?
Like Moggle Mog, she had to have existed in some form of either legends or text. I know very little about the Lambs of Dalamud, but if there's a cult for wanting another Dalamud to drop on Eorzea, I don't think it'd be farfetched for a cult that wants to wish for something good.

3. How did Memenu and the group itself avoid the attention of the various factions that exist to stop this sort of thing?
Let's face it, The Scions and the Garleans can't be everywhere at once. They can try, but realistically they cannot. With the increased hostility between the Garleans and the Eorzeans, the little group that summoned Memenu in the first place could've easily gotten past surveillance.

Plus, if the Scions had caught wind of it, would they stop it, knowing that she'd be both a violent but very powerful potential ally?

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Warren Castille - 06-03-2015

First, I want to clarify I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to give you something to cultivate.

1) Mogglemog is a named, specific legend. A group of tortured lalafell wouldn't be enough to conjure a primal-like figure, it would also take a buttload of crystals and more important, unified belief in your specific character. While there's no harm in saying that your character is the summoned incarnation of a legendary hero along the lines of Moggle or Shiva, there's still the logistics of the required bits. Hell, Gilgamesh accidentally summons a nonprimal while sitting on a large cache of crystals.

2) While there certainly could be a portion of people wanting to summon something good, it's also widely known that summoning is Bad with a capital B. The Ala Mhigans attempting to summon Rhalgr is a last-ditch desperation counterattack by young'uns and even then, everyone who isn't in on it says this is a horrible idea and the WoL is sent to stop it.

3) You're absolutely right that a small group could conceivably have skipped detection. I do believe, however, that the Scions would immediately send something like that back to the aether if they caught wind of it. Specifically, you mention you're slightly genocidal. That's not a force of good.

Edit for sportsmanship: I firmly believe everyone is entitled to telling whatever story they would choose to. I'm not telling you not to, or trying to dissuade you otherwise!

RE: A New Primal Approaches - Viola - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 06:27 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: First, I want to clarify I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to give you something to cultivate.

1) Mogglemog is a named, specific legend. A group of tortured lalafell wouldn't be enough to conjure a primal-like figure, it would also take a buttload of crystals and more important, unified belief in your specific character. While there's no harm in saying that your character is the summoned incarnation of a legendary hero along the lines of Moggle or Shiva, there's still the logistics of the required bits. Hell, Gilgamesh accidentally summons a nonprimal while sitting on a large cache of crystals.

2) While there certainly could be a portion of people wanting to summon something good, it's also widely known that summoning is Bad with a capital B. The Ala Mhigans attempt to summong Rhalgr as a last-ditch desperation counterattack and even then, everyone who isn't in on it says this is a horrible idea and the WoL is sent to stop it.

3) You're absolutely right that a small group could conceivably have skipped detection. I do believe, however, that the Scions would immediately send something like that back to the aether if they caught wind of it. Specifically, you mention you're slightly genocidal. That's not a force of good.

Edit for sportsmanship: I firmly believe everyone is entitled to telling whatever story they would choose to. I'm not telling you not to, or trying to dissuade you otherwise!
Oh, if it was argumentative, I would've asked. These are questions (damned good ones, mind you) that I haven't actually thought about until now, and it's really helping me flesh out a backstory that I haven't really thought of in the past.

1. That's why I brought up that she must have existed in some form in either legends, ancient texts or both. Who knows what countless tales were lost to the ages, only to be found by chance? A cult without a unified belief in the thing they're summoning probably wouldn't cause that thing to be summoned to begin with.

1b. Who knows how many shipments of crystals were "borrowed" from the Garleans, be it through a modified manifest here or there, or a "lost" box or two over a decent period of time. It's not exactly a secret as a whole that the Garlean military, as powerful as it is, doesn't have the best logistics in the world.

2. This was proven with Uncle Lou (Luisoix or however you pronunce his name) Invoking the power of the Twelve against Bahamut, people were legitimately afraid he might have summoned the Twelve during the battle of Cartenau. While, yes, summoning is bad, let it be known that Ramuh was not inherently bad as he wanted nothing to do like the other Primals.

3. Again, it's also highly probable that while dealing with the Garleans, they would've never known about the small group unless they paid very close attention to lalafell soldiers behaving a bit strange compared to the others (as in "patrolling" areas that normally hold no real interest to them)

3b. can't have something interesting without an extreme, can we? She dislikes elves, she won't kill 'em just because they annoy her. A list of her victims include Dragons, Garleans, Garlean machinery, Primals and for some reason a small dog.