Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones (/showthread.php?tid=11769)

Pages: 1 2

Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 05-26-2015

Kiht Jakkya has taken up a journey for the next few days where she will visit each of the Twelve Guardian Deity Stones in Eorzea (or try to). She has been overwhelmed by certain matters as of late, and even recently lost a friend. This journey is supposed to help her gain guidance from the Twelve as she feels she has few others to turn to right now.

I thought it could be an interesting opportunity to meet others too. Perhaps someone else who is conflicted or religions, and wants to visit one of the stones while Kiht is there. This journey is part of her story, so it's not dependent on other characters, but others could make it more meaningful than short sight-seeing visits.

I plan to have Kiht visit the stones in calendar order; starting with Halone then Menphina, and so on. I don't have a schedule planned out, but will post on this thread when Kiht is by one of the stones. Walk-ups will be welcome. I will edit the posts when Kiht is no longer there, or when she has moved to another stone. She will also stop at checkpoint settlements along at way.

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 05-27-2015

I got started today WAY later than expected.

Due to PMs, I am delaying the Halone and Menphina stone visits and starting with Thaliak tonight.

The location is Mor Dhona, Rathefrost. x18, y17

Will be there for at least 30 mins unless I get people asking me to wait a bit longer. I will edit this post with an update once Kiht has left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Thank you Jancis for the RP!

Kiht's question to Thaliak was:
"Is leadership an acquired knowledge, or something someone is born with?"

Her prayer to the God of knowledge was:
"My gratitude, Thaliak, for my ability to learn and remember. Knowledge is power. I will not forget."

Kiht is no longer at the stone.

Alright, I plan to do maybe four of these today.

Kiht is now at Halone's stone in Coerthas Central Highlands, Fury's Gaze, x7 y31.

She will be there at least 30 minutes, but since I am having her meet with someone, probably longer. Walk-ups welcome. Will update post when she has left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halone's stone was a looong visit due to three awesome visitors! Thank you Martiallais Heuloix, Lautrec Krios and Riordyn Ashentyr!

Your characters definitely gave Kiht guidance. I find it fitting that two of the three are Ishgardian characters, yet had two different perspectives... Sort of.

Kiht's question to Halone:
"Should one risk family in fighting for a just cause?"

Kiht's prayer to the Goddess was:
"Halone, gratitude for the will, strength and ability you have guided me to develop. I shall put such assets to good use."

Kiht and two others are now at Menphina's stone. Coerthas Central Highlands, x22 y8. Walk-ups are still welcome.

Kiht's visit to Menphina's stone is now over, and I thank Riordyn Ashentyr, Ysa Qishar and Enju Abbagliato for visiting with me!

Two of the three are Keepers of the Moon. Once again, quite fitting!

Kiht's question of Menphina:
"Why does love get so complicated?"

Kiht's prayer to the Goddess:
"Menphina, my gratitude for all the love you have given me, and the opportunities to meet those I have come to love. While I still do not fully understand this trial that is love that you put me through, I will not give up its worship; not when love is what is so much more needed in the world right now."

As expected, the Menphina visit got sappy, but the others made it fun!

Not done yet! I'd spread these out over a longer period, but Kiht's vacation from the SW Clan is too short. In order to see all Twelve, I must do several a day. Not ideal, but better than nothing!

Kiht is now at Nymeia's stone. Lower La Noscea, x26 y37. Any lovers of Fate and... Weaving?... It has a nice view!

Visit to Nymeia's stone is done! Thank you Ciceroix Allemonde for the interesting discussion about fate!

Kiht's question of Nymeia:
"Is every part of our lives woven by you? Do we have any choice that is truly ours?"

Kiht's prayer to the Goddess:
"Gratitude, Nymeia, for the fortune I have had in my life. While the misfortune I have had is not appreciated, it does not make me overlook the good parts of my fate."

Aaaand I am done for the night.

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Martiallais - 05-28-2015

This was a lot of fun. Smile

I just wanted to say thanks for letting me come and take part on Martiallais. Big Grin I honestly wish I could've stayed longer...though to be fair when she asked about siblings that was a sore spot so it made a bit of sense for him to bow out then. >_>

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 05-28-2015

On request, I am breaking order and having Kiht start with Azeyma today. Eastern Thanalan, x24 y29, Final Prayer.

Now, this one is a bit tricky. Only two ways to it is through an Amalj'aa camp, or the Burning Wall.

ICly, I think it's more likely for people to be able to sneak through the Burning Wall to get there unless they are capable of ICly defeating a horde of Amalj'aa alone.

OOCly, the Amalj'aa are level 18, so it's actually easier to get past them. Game mechanics are funny...

Special thanks to R'shesha Otharn for the IC discussion about the Goddess who Kiht knew the least about.

Kiht's question of Azeyma:
"As the Goddess of inquiry, I will not ask you a question. Instead, I will always seek answers."

Kiht's prayer to Azeyma:
"My gratitude for the gift of fire and sunlight you give to this world. While I am not too fond of the sunlight myself, without it there would be no Twelveswood."

Kiht has moved on.

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Melkire - 05-28-2015

Technically speaking, it's past an Amalj'aa camp, not through. Sneak time?

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 05-28-2015

Listen, Osric, I only count to popoto!

Now back in order, and visiting the stone of Llymlaen. Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks, x7 y14, Anchor Yard.

I like how the Limsans made a statue fountain out of it...

Thank you for another visit Riordyn Ashentyr!

Kiht's question of Llymlaen:
"Is navigating life like navigating the world?"

Kiht's payer to the Goddess:
"Gratitude, Llymlaen, for sometimes moving the clouds so that I can see the Moon and stars in the sky."

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Mountie - 05-29-2015

I hadn't actually planned to bump into her, just thought it was a cool idea to go visit the stone after he had just had such an experience at the previous two and lo' behold orange text haha. Thanks to you as well for the accompanying RP, another day may have gone by where I have not leveled, but honestly between RP and EXP I'll take good quality RP every time!

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 05-29-2015

*Sigh* Late start again. It seems I may have to pause the pilgrimage over Saturday and Sunday, and continue it Monday and Tuesday.

For tonight, I'm starting with Oschon. Outer La Noscea, x25 y18.

Be warned, ICly, characters may have to sneak past a Kobold Dig site.

OOCly, just sprint past them, or use stealth. Don't try to Chocobo past them; they'll put a damn 20 second slow on you.

I give thanks to Leanne Delphium, Malisette Moreau and Jullienaux Sintierre!

I could imagine Oschon making an O_o face as the four went into a LONG discussion about things like wanderlust, duty, greed and zeal.

That was some intense discussion. I only got one stone done tonight, but it was very worth it.

Kiht's question of Oschon:
"Can one find adventure, yet still abide by one's responsibilities? How does one find balance?"

Kiht's prayer to the God:
"My gratitude, Oschon, for my many adventures, and my desire to seek them. While I do find conflict between my duties to Menphina and my desire to be like you, I would not trade away my scout's spirit for peace."

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 06-01-2015

Ok, continuing! At this point, not sure if this is a pilgrimage anymore, but whatever it is, I am going to see if I can get three stones done tonight.

Kiht is at the stone of Byregot the Builder. Can he do it? He's Byregot the Builder, yes he can. South Shroud x15 y27. Just North-West of Camp Tranquil.

Kiht is no longer at Byregot's stone. Peaceful visit, but no one showed after 30 mins of being there.

Kiht's question of Byregot:
"Must one always be the guardian of what one builds? Can such a legacy be passed on?"

Kiht's prayer to the God:
"Gratitude, Byregot, for guiding me in my skill with Leather-working. Also, if your hand was involved in the building of my clan, gratitude for that as well."

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Pastry Army - 06-01-2015

Ah shoot. That means I may miss the visit to the Rhalgr stone! Curse you Real Life!

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Knight Kat - 06-01-2015

(06-01-2015, 09:58 PM)Pastry Army Wrote: Ah shoot. That means I may miss the visit to the Rhalgr stone! Curse you Real Life!

I can wait on Rhalgr. I am waiting until tomorrow to do Nald'thal as well.

Edit: Also, the Clan and I will eat Novah if you don't play her soon. Evil

RE: Pilgrimage to the Twelve Stones - Pastry Army - 06-01-2015

(06-01-2015, 10:25 PM)Knight Kat Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 09:58 PM)Pastry Army Wrote: Ah shoot. That means I may miss the visit to the Rhalgr stone! Curse you Real Life!

I can wait on Rhalgr. I am waiting until tomorrow to do Nald'thal as well.

Edit: Also, the Clan and I will eat Novah if you don't play her soon. Evil

Ahem, duly noted.  Then may the twelve grant me the strength to survive tonight.