Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released (/showthread.php?tid=11716)

Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Zyrusticae - 05-21-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtuwltmTp9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvv0rgrT4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcvnNOe34k

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Ixarien - 05-22-2015

The cutscenes within the Dragonsong video gave me a nerd boner.
Also, looks like Summoners are getting some heavy-hitting spells...? Big Grin

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Steel Wolf - 05-24-2015

I adore Susan Calloway. Such love. Very singer. And I dunno about you gaiz, but I froze when I saw the Emperor of Garlemald in those scenes.

The new dungeons look amazing (Allagan tech-looking stuff wee!), though I was most intrigued by the one dungeon where it looked like we were directly fighting some Isghardian knights. What is going on in the story at that point, I wonder....?

NEW JOB ACTIONS ARE SEKSEE YAY! You should have seen the grin on my husband's face when the Black Mage fired off Fire and Blizzard IV. :D And the grin on my face watching the Dark Knight's maneuvers. The sounds those weaponskills make....unf.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Kurt S. - 05-24-2015

The Derplander looks like he's packing a ragnarok....I feel so inadequate.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Blue - 05-24-2015

Cape Riverne! Not sure if they've given it a different name, but that dungeon is clearly a reproduction of Riverne Site A01/B01 from FFXI. Always excited to see FFXI stuff brought back into XIV.

The only bummer is that I know at the end of the XIV version of it there won't be Bahamut waiting for me :/

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Edgar - 05-24-2015

The monster designs are getting really creative, which is nice to see after an entire game of FFXI, XII, and XIII rehashes.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - ProvaDiServo - 05-24-2015

Meh...

Show Content

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - TheLastCandle - 05-24-2015

^ Wow, far from a glowing endorsement. Opinions being what they are, I feel like we watched two completely different videos. Those new Monk moves looked absolutely badass to me. Of course the real meat is going to be in the new content, but I haven't felt underwhelmed by anything they've shown thus far besides Summoners not getting new Egi. No doubt that stings for the SMN players out there.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Edgar - 05-24-2015

(05-24-2015, 12:33 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: ^ Wow, far from a glowing endorsement. Opinions being what they are, I feel like we watched two completely different videos. Those new Monk moves looked absolutely badass to me. Of course the real meat is going to be in the new content, but I haven't felt underwhelmed by anything they've shown thus far besides Summoners not getting new Egi. No doubt that stings for the SMN players out there.

Well, to be honest, the Egis were never a massive problem, or at least, not problematic enough to warrant diversifying further with additional Egi.

I think I can say the problem I had was the overall DPS of the job, which anyone who has played endgame SMN can tell you is "Meh". For all the complaints BLMs give about critical hits, SMNs obviously need them even more, as they have a built-in mechanic revolving around them.

And guess what endgame gear is missing in spades.

Yeah, if the new skills increase my burst damage, I can forgive the lack of new Egis, however cool those would be.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - TheLastCandle - 05-24-2015

(05-24-2015, 01:06 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 12:33 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote: ^ Wow, far from a glowing endorsement. Opinions being what they are, I feel like we watched two completely different videos. Those new Monk moves looked absolutely badass to me. Of course the real meat is going to be in the new content, but I haven't felt underwhelmed by anything they've shown thus far besides Summoners not getting new Egi. No doubt that stings for the SMN players out there.

Well, to be honest, the Egis were never a massive problem, or at least, not problematic enough to warrant diversifying further with additional Egi.

I think I can say the problem I had was the overall DPS of the job, which anyone who has played endgame SMN can tell you is "Meh". For all the complaints BLMs give about critical hits, SMNs obviously need them even more, as they have a built-in mechanic revolving around them.

And guess what endgame gear is missing in spades.

Yeah, if the new skills increase my burst damage, I can forgive the lack of new Egis, however cool those would be.

Makes sense. And I guess that explains why I don't come across very many endgame Summoners! Let's hope the new skills make SMN a more attractive option. For myself, I'm just not a huge fan of pet classes in general, so I never really bothered with it beyond leveling it to 50 for completion's sake.

Design-wise, it seems like a better idea to give the other Primals more presence in the SMN's arsenal would be to take an approach similar to the one they're taking with the Dreadwyrm Trance instead of more Egis. Something more along the lines of traditional FF games' summon spells.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - ProvaDiServo - 05-24-2015

Yeah man to each their own, I'm just used to a bit more flair from other games I play.

RE: Heavensward Dragonsong, Job Action, and Dungeon HQ Videos Released - Mixae - 05-25-2015

I have to decide if I'm gonna switch to Astro when it comes out, instead of my WHM I'm lvling now. I need to catch up quick. All the moves looked pretty cool to me and the dungeons really look nice. Like really nice.