Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event (/showthread.php?tid=11484)

Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - E'irawen - 05-05-2015

So, I didn't think to post it here, but I've been working with a few people on tumblr for a sort of ren fair-esque idea, and a lot of people seemed to like it. I got a message on here about it too, so I thought I'd post to see if anyone else is interested.

Working on the bare bones of it, but this is what I have so far:

- Bi annual. I was considering hosting one during the new years event at the beginning of the year, and then again in August during the summer event (for several reasons). I wanted to host the first one this August not only because the in-game event adding some visual flair for it, but because by August, most people will have some of the new content out of their system, they'll all have their new pretty Au Ra to play in RP, and we'll have an influx of both new and returning players for Heavensward, so it could be a good opportunity to help people get into/back into RP.

- The idea was to keep the entire thing kind of just light hearted. It's for fun! I welcome not only just fair-goers in general, but people/groups to be vendors. Sell things (beit actual game items or otherwise, your choice) such as clothing, food, and other random little things.

- Similar to the above, it could always be a good opportunity to represent your FC and do some recruiting, ICly! 

- Several other characters that offer other services are eager to offer things like divination readings and what not as well.

- Mini games such as a simon says thing (inspired by the golden saucer one, yes), giveaways (like a minion giveaway or something)/lotteries, potentially a Cards Against Humanity thing (using the website, even!) as well as other things like drinking or eating contests (maybe fighting contests?)

- Dancing, singing, etc. A lot of entertainer characters are already hyped for this so, yes goooood I am pleased.

- A location has yet to be determined, but given the fact we want to abuse the in game event decorations, it'll obviously be in one of the city states. Probably not Ishgard though.

- I have been debating spreading up some of the games/giveaways/etc. over the course of a few days instead of shoving it into a single hour or so, and ICly saying that the festival itself lasts all day every day for whatever duration it may be (so everyone has a chance to at least RP in it, y'know? I wanna try my best to make it timezone friendly). Maybe 2-3 days? Hrrrrm choices.

What I'm looking for right now is not only an interest check, but people who are willing to help me run this, as well as ideas/input if you have any!

Feel free to PM me or post here or y'know

toodles~

RE: Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - Qhora Bajihri - 05-06-2015

I think a bi-annual festival type thing would be great, especially if you can build up a little hype for each one. When Erik did his second Ul'dah ball, I know some of the hype was from knowing it had happened the year before, and people's positive memories and experiences from the previous event helped push the next one.

Multiple days sounds really interesting, but I wonder if going more than two days might put too much stress on organizers?

I know I can't really commit to much this far in advance, so other people might be in the same boat. Might be easier to find helpers as the time gets closer and people know if they'll be free on such and such days, or to help with specific things that need to get done before? Plus, people might not want to commit without knowing how much time they might still be investing in the expansion.

Thumbs up and good luck from me!

RE: Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - Harmonixer - 05-06-2015

With the boatload of fortune tellers inbound, things like this should be quite an event for them. I mean this in a good way, mind you.

Overall, I think this could be a really fun event. I imagine there's some real work involved in this and I'll keep an ear to the ground to see if I can be of any help. No promises, of course.

I'm voting 2 days at most. It already takes a lot to do one day, three being a bit much and I think two sounds just about right.

I highly recommend a color scheme for attendees and actual workers though. It'll help distinguish people much better. Even masks, things that stand out quite a bit is helpful.

RE: Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - Aris - 05-06-2015

It would be very difficult to run all day for a few days unless there were lots of volunteers on board. Maybe hosts per each GMT/EST/PST who can run it at the appropriate prime time might be more achievable.

But still, would have a lot of interest I imagine! To have more recurring events on the server would be pretty cool, and this one has opportunities for everyone. Smile

RE: Bi-Annual Fair (Player Run etc) Event - E'irawen - 05-21-2015

Oh yes, the actual events to partake in, I imagined would only last a few hours at most, and only for a day or so. I think it'd be too much to host it 24/7. But! I imagine ICly people would still be allowed to pretend it's still going and could use it as an RP backdrop or something. ^^