Hydaelyn Role-Players
I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) (/showthread.php?tid=11382)

Pages: 1 2 3

I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SM Nick - 04-29-2015

All around the City-States, pamphlets can be seen posted on various walls and surfaces reading the following:

Pamphlet Wrote:Suiren and Friends Presents:

I Want to Be Your Canary

Come see the famous play, written by Lord Avon himself, as we take you all on a journey that details the struggle that has arrived with two star-struck lovers, separated by a power-hungry king!

This and more to come at the Amphitheatre!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

Hello guys! Well this is my first RP event that I am hosting: A famous play from Final Fantasy IX! I am so excited to be doing this because I am finally becoming a truly active part of this community! Of course I am going to need help so I am going to be hiring and holding auditions for roles and stuff! I already got some actors in Skype. I will play the lead role myself, to give myself an experience.

STAFF

Blank roles are up for grabs. It's first come first serve. Read the script first to see which role your character is best suited for.

Actors: The talent on stage. They are the stars of the show who have rehearsed their lines and try their best to portray their character to their highest potential.

____________ as Marcus
Rhela Awandih as Princess Cornelia
Levinth Dunant as King Leo
Nonota Tonota as Blank
U'ashael Malik as Benero
Y'uraq Tia as Zenero
Nebula Stardancer as Cinna
Artemis Newton as Zidane
Verad Bellveil as Schneider

Bouncers: The people who guard the doors against unwanted people. They are also the greeters to people who go into the estate and show them where to go. Preferably big strong men/women and nice ladies.

Nailah Quill
Aaron Frostheart
________

Culinarians: The people who supply the food, drinks, and basically the refreshments.

Jackal & Hide (Kilid, Inarah, and Jino'ya)

Director: The person that, well, directs the scenes and issues orders for the staff in order to help the production along. Anyone with a good amount of authority can pull off this role well! I will be the main director but I need an assistant director for when I'm on stage rehearsing.

________

Understudies: In case one or more of the main actors cannot make it to the event on time, due to whatever issues arise, we are hiring understudies to undertake the roles that the absent actors had, so the show can go on!

________ (I'll put more and more for anyone that wants to do it. This is a secondary role in the staff so if you wanna join try to aim for one of the other roles as well.)

Cameraman: Not really IC, but I would love this production to be on Youtube for all to see! It would have to be someone who can record at a good quality with amazing framerate, also it would be nice to add the original music from FFIX. If you wanna be an understudy, then you can't do this role.

I'nouva Quinn (Izayoi on Youtube)

Additional Entertainment: I also wanna add some more entertainment in addition to the main play, like singers, performers, etc... If you wanna be an entertainer, state exactly what you wanna bring to the event.

U'ashael Malik (Ballad or Sonnet)
(Adding more if necessary)

Any other help is appreciated guys! Come and support!

OTHER INFO

Date: PENDING, but it has to be a weekend.
Time: PENDING, it needs to be EU-friendly for everyone AND to me because of my laptop curfew.
Show Content
Contact Info: PM here, tell in game at Suiren Waterflower, post here, or contact me @ Skype SuperMegaNick. Make sure to tell me that you are from RPC and are interested so I know you're not a stranger/spammer and don't block you.

Help this guy set a perfect day and time for everyone to come, especially me since I'm running this event!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUDITIONS

I will be holding IC auditions at the Ivalice Center for a time until I get a full staff of willing people. Here are the people auditioning and the roles they are going for, if they want any specific roles. These auditions are not necessary to be getting the role, but if you want to roleplay your character getting the role, then it's all right!

Rhela Awandih as Princess Cornelia
Artemis Newton as Zidane
Y'uraq Tia as Zenero

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SunTzu7 - 04-29-2015

Well if Newton's anything, she's a massive ham. And also a massive Lord Avon fangirl. So if genders no barrier, I'd try out for Zidane.

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SM Nick - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 09:06 PM)SunTzu7 Wrote: Well if Newton's anything, she's a massive ham. And also a massive Lord Avon fangirl. So if genders no barrier, I'd try out for Zidane.

Excellent! In case people wanna try out, I'll hold an auditions list when I update the OP.

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SM Nick - 04-30-2015

OK, auditions are no longer mandatory. It'll just serve as a RP gateway to the role if anyone wants to ICly get the role instead of just being handed it. Auditions are no longer mandatory!

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - Nebbs - 04-30-2015

Nebula would like to play one of the parts.

Don't mind which.

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - Verad - 04-30-2015

Gimme Schneider.

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SM Nick - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 01:31 PM)Nebbs Wrote: Nebula would like to play one of the parts.

Don't mind which.

You will be Cinna, Nebbs~! Unless anyone else may be interested in the role.

(04-30-2015, 01:52 PM)Verad Wrote: Gimme Schneider.

Done and updated!

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - RiniKett - 04-30-2015

Will there be an abduction midway through the play?

(04-30-2015, 02:21 PM)RiniKett Wrote: Will there be an abduction midway through the play?

Not sure. If you read the script, Cornelia gets kidnapped by Blank so she doesn't see Marcus. If you wanna be Cornelia, you could be an understudy for Rhela. Although I suggest you go for one of the non-actor roles so you could be an active part of the staff. Smile

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - RiniKett - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:23 PM)SM Nick Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 02:21 PM)RiniKett Wrote: Will there be an abduction midway through the play?

Not sure. If you read the script, Cornelia gets kidnapped by Blank so she doesn't see Marcus. If you wanna be Cornelia, you could be an understudy for Rhela. Although I suggest you go for one of the non-actor roles so you could be an active part of the staff. Smile

Oh, lol, I was referring more to the part where a random black mage runs onto the stage and catches the "dead" princess's cloak on fire before lifting off and escaping in an explosive exit.....

Smile

Just curious, and I've wondered for years, how did you manage to put together the full script? Is it an actual play or did you piece it together from what was shown in the game?

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - SunTzu7 - 04-30-2015

There's something of a script, but they improv the last scenes a little. A few sections aren't shown in game, but you can probably make stuff up for that.

(04-30-2015, 02:57 PM)SunTzu7 Wrote: There's something of a script, but they improv the last scenes a little. A few sections aren't shown in game, but you can probably make stuff up for that.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. I've always been a big fan of the play and I've wondered if anyone decided to try a theater troupe. I may not have the time to dedicate to this, but you can be sure I'll be there to watch when it is finished.

(04-30-2015, 02:46 PM)RiniKett Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 02:23 PM)SM Nick Wrote:

Oh, lol, I was referring more to the part where a random black mage runs onto the stage and catches the "dead" princess's cloak on fire before lifting off and escaping in an explosive exit.....

Smile

Just curious, and I've wondered for years, how did you manage to put together the full script? Is it an actual play or did you piece it together from what was shown in the game?

I found the full script on a website lol. I would like to change the ending into something happier than the tragic ending normally present.

RE: I Want to Be Your Canary (EU-Friendly) (Date and Time Pending) - Maril - 04-30-2015

Hellow! Feel free to sign Nailah up as a bouncer/greeter. I should be able to do most days bar 16/5 because I have an event myself there ^^

(04-30-2015, 03:05 PM)Nailah Wrote: Hellow! Feel free to sign Nailah up as a bouncer/greeter. I should be able to do most days bar 16/5 because I have an event myself there ^^

Done! And you are the first non-actor to sign up!