Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to Balmung and FFXIV - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to Balmung and FFXIV (/showthread.php?tid=11374)

New to Balmung and FFXIV - Taki'a_Venn - 04-29-2015

I've been fiddling about with FFXIV for a month now (just got my 30-day veteran reward, yay) and I'm of a mind to not just build a character but a story as well.

I'm playing Taki'a Venn, a miqo'te "Keeper of the Moon" from a tribe in a distant corner of the Shroud.  As the tribal matriarchs discuss relocating the tribe closer to the settled lands of Gridania in response to increasing dangers since the Calamity he strikes out in search of adventure and new experiences.

Starting off in the distant lands of Thanalan he arrives in Ul'dah taking up the sword of the Gladiator's Guild as a way of making a name for himself.

Taki'a is the eldest son of the chief matriarch of his tribe.  He has dozens upon dozens of sisters and cousins and only a small handful of younger brothers and boy cousins combined.  An elderly male, too old to wander, was an "uncle" to him, telling him of the world and instrumental in his decision to seek a life of fame and fortune adventuring.

Concept-wise he's a young wanderer "fresh off the carriage" in search of grand adventure and far more likely to find himself in grand trouble instead.  He has a kind heart and a protective instinct regarding those he cares about.

For now he's still in single-digits of levels but I welcome contact and am in no grand hurry to "race to the level cap" and hope to meet as many of you as possible.

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Merai the Vixen - 04-29-2015

Welcome!!  You're definitely in the right place to meet new and friendly people... I've only been here a couple of days myself but folks are so friendly!! 

I'd say you can add me inworld, but this is the time I usually go to bed. Sad

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Taki'a_Venn - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 05:59 PM)Merai the Vixen Wrote: Welcome!!  You're definitely in the right place to meet new and friendly people... I've only been here a couple of days myself but folks are so friendly!! 

I'd say you can add me inworld, but this is the time I usually go to bed. Sad

I'm still at work.  Only mid-afternoon here in California.  It'll be another couple hours before I'm on.  But thanks all the same!

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Max - 04-29-2015

Ay mate, welcome!

Feel free to add me IG (Max Hunter). I'll be on tonight (racing to level cap hah) but I'm almost always down for some interaction.

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - K'nahli - 04-29-2015

Welcome to the forums and the server! ^^

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Desu Nee - 04-29-2015

Welcome to hell. Remember you are here forever.

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - cherrybomb - 04-29-2015

Hey, welcome from a fellow newbie! For what it's worth I think you're on to something by deciding to take your time; I kinda bum-rushed to 50 myself, and now that I'm there, I'm wishing I'd have taken things a little slower.  Move at the pace you're comfortable with, and enjoy the journey. As a few other folks have mentioned, feel free to add me if you like. (In-game name is Grinning Jackal.)

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Cest - 04-29-2015

Welcome to the community Taki'a! Taking your time is quite a brilliant idea and will allow you to get enveloped a bit more into the world, so kudos to that. Feel free to poke me in-game if you ever need anything.

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Taki'a_Venn - 04-29-2015

Thanks everyone, I'll try not to make too much of an annoyance of myself Smile

One of the reasons behind my origin of basically "country bumpkin who grew up in the backwoods of nowhere" is to allow me to fold my limited familiarity with FF lore into being IC Cool

RE: New to Balmung and FFXIV - Jancis - 04-30-2015

Please try to be annoying; I think people like it the attention. Lalalala 

I have to agree with the background as that was my original idea with Jancis. It's fleshed out a bit more now that I have a better understanding with some of the lore layout (which is luckily still pretty open to interpretation and generous) and spent a lot of my new time just learning.