Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] (EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] (EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! (/showthread.php?tid=11223)

(EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! - Cato - 04-22-2015

I grew tired of WoW around the same time that the third expansion launch. I chose to stick around for a good few years after that, however, simply because I had a handful of brilliant role-players to interact with frequently. They helped keep things fresh, we frequently got out into the game world and our character development was mutual rather than one sided.
So that should give people a pretty clear picture as to what I'm looking for. The biggest obstacle is that I'm in England and that has caused to bring me no shortage of frustration due to conflicting time-zones. I do stay up fairly frequently - especially on weekends - so I'm definitely open to interacting with US players too so long as they understand that there's a bit of time between us.

I could write a lengthy description of my character but I'm the sort of role-player who prefers to let things flow naturally. You can take a look at my character's wiki in my signature to get a decent idea as to what he's like. If it seems like there's a solid reason for your own character(s) to interact with mine then we can figure something out and go from there.

If they click with one another? Great! We can develop it into a long term friendship. If they don't click with one another? Great! We can develop it into a long term rivalry. 

I'd quite like to have Graeham head out on adventures throughout Eorzea. From time to time that'll include kicking back and relaxing in the wilderness roasting fish over a campfire and sharing tales. Sometimes it'll involve relaxing in a tavern (though I don't want to fall into the trap of only ever hanging around a tavern).

Ideally those interested will be dedicated to this. Feel free to poke and prod me if I'm online - I really admire it when people take the initiative to try and move things along. I'm also very understanding in regards to the dreaded real life interfering in affairs - it happens, and that's completely fine!

I'd also request that those who approach me have a decent sense of humour and aren't offended easily. I'm not too interested in treading on eggshells. I'm a pretty blunt and direct guy so what you see is what you get.

It's completely optional but I'm also willing to make use of Skype to keep in touch more easily. I won't post it here but I'll share details in-game/over PM if things work out between us.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer as best I can! I apologise if the thread is unorganised since I'm literally posting this at 5:15am.

EDIT: I'm not big on extensive planning or revealing every little detail about my/your character. My style is more along the lines of letting information trickle out as characters interact and get to know each other naturally.

RE: (EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! - Elaris - 04-23-2015

Although I'm not a EU player I do share in your sense of adventure when it does come to RP. My current main character is Saeren Orbanis because she is just somebody who can talk to just about anybody. I'm willing to RP with you on the weekends as that is easier for both you and I and we can see what we can come up with down the line, nothing planned out just go with the flow like you suggested.

I'm an altaholic, and all my characters are connected in a way so if you meet one of my characters down the line you might meet them all depending on how well things go, for good or bad! If you're okay with meeting up with me sometime on a weekend, I'm a NA player that actually plays at a EU friendly time frame. I will locate you online as finding me is quite difficult because of my alt problems ahhh. Just send me a message if you have any questions or what not, if my time frame is okay with you let me know a decent time to find you so I can Friend list ya!
Bouncy

RE: (EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! - Cato - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 10:21 PM)Elaris Wrote: Although I'm not a EU player I do share in your sense of adventure when it does come to RP. My current main character is Saeren Orbanis because she is just somebody who can talk to just about anybody. I'm willing to RP with you on the weekends as that is easier for both you and I and we can see what we can come up with down the line, nothing planned out just go with the flow like you suggested.

I'm an altaholic, and all my characters are connected in a way so if you meet one of my characters down the line you might meet them all depending on how well things go, for good or bad! If you're okay with meeting up with me sometime on a weekend, I'm a NA player that actually plays at a EU friendly time frame. I will locate you online as finding me is quite difficult because of my alt problems ahhh. Just send me a message if you have any questions or what not, if my time frame is okay with you let me know a decent time to find you so I can Friend list ya!
Bouncy

That sounds good to me! I'll try and catch you in-game too if I see you online first. You may need to poke me a few times if I'm AFK/semi-afk. I'm guilty of tabbing out but keeping myself logged in. :p

RE: (EU) Seeking mature like-minded individuals for long term in-depth RP! - Nebbs - 04-24-2015

Hi, I'm also from England and there are quite a few EU players and a few FCs that focus on EU time zones.

I'm not sure I can do dedicated but I would be happy to work at some interactions that build over time, and even pull you (or others) into our FC's events.