Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Manderville Series? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: A Manderville Series? (/showthread.php?tid=11217)

A Manderville Series? - Tywyll'ra Stumog - 04-21-2015

So me and my husband entered the Realm Redubbed Contest and have decided to do The Three Collectors Scene from the Manderville Files. Now I love to voice act and honestly I would love to make this work into a series with my hubby, What do you guys think?

[youtube]yUfFYkbWCzc[/youtube]

RE: A Manderville Series? - Steel Wolf - 04-21-2015

For the record: Hildibrand, Ellie and Druilda are all voiced by Tywyll'ra, and Briardien and Godbert are voiced by myself.

RE: A Manderville Series? - Cynel1 - 04-21-2015

okay that was Pretty Funny.  Laugh

RE: A Manderville Series? - Kyrio Lamansque - 04-21-2015

I'm totally for it! Putting some voices into normally silent cut-scenes would be awesome. Of course, I've never done any of the Hildebrand stuff, so I don't know how silent those cut-scenes actually are. But judging by the short time that their lips flap, I'd assume they're pretty quiet.

I'm no audio engineer. And I don't know if I'd do voice-overs very well, so PLEASE take this with A VERY LARGE GRAIN OF SALT. But I get that since there's only two people doing this work, they needed distinct voices to differentiate the speaking members. But in doing so, please remember to speak clearly. Since I've never seen any of this and kept the player in thumbnail mode, there were a few times where I just couldn't understand what was being said. 

But to complete the compliment sandwich, I thought it was overall very well done, and I look forward to seeing more!

RE: A Manderville Series? - Tywyll'ra Stumog - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 06:30 PM)Kyrio Lamansque Wrote: I'm totally for it! Putting some voices into normally silent cut-scenes would be awesome. Of course, I've never done any of the Hildebrand stuff, so I don't know how silent those cut-scenes actually are. But judging by the short time that their lips flap, I'd assume they're pretty quiet.

I'm no audio engineer. And I don't know if I'd do voice-overs very well, so PLEASE take this with A VERY LARGE GRAIN OF SALT. But I get that since there's only two people doing this work, they needed distinct voices to differentiate the speaking members. But in doing so, please remember to speak clearly. Since I've never seen any of this and kept the player in thumbnail mode, there were a few times where I just couldn't understand what was being said. 

But to complete the compliment sandwich, I thought it was overall very well done, and I look forward to seeing more!
Totally Understandable mate, I mean this was done in a hurry for the contest so it wasn't professionally prepared BUT once we are sorted we will be getting female cast members in to help to in the voices as well as be on the look out for others too Smile

Thanks again though for the nice comment

RE: A Manderville Series? - Seriphyn - 04-22-2015

Hooray for British accents!

I personally can't stand American accents in fantasy games, and given the dialogue was written with British regional dialects in mind, I am glad to see this particular gander at it Big Grin