Hydaelyn Role-Players
Songs of the Tribes - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Songs of the Tribes (/showthread.php?tid=11104)

Songs of the Tribes - theFez - 04-14-2015

Listen Here: Sylph Lullaby

"Deep in the shroud
Safe from the storm
Little ones sleep
In Lord Ramuh’s arms

Swift may they grow
And safe may they stay
As These Ones watch over
Until they awake

Little ones, These ones eagerly await
Looking after, making laughter, having fun
Wishes these ones softly sing
Of shade and rain to bring those blossoming
Into the sun "

IC -Thanks to AIM’s aethernet radio system, I’m able to broadcast some of the Beast Tribe folk music I’ve been collecting! This is an arrangement of a song the Sylphs sing to their Podlings as they grow. I hope you enjoy it, and look forward to discovering more fascinating songs from the tribes!

OOC- This is the first song in a series called "Songs of the Tribes". It's my attempt to create original music within the style of a pre-existing game. In this case Final Fantasy 14, and more specifically to this song the Sylph/Ramuh Beast Tribe. You could probably also call it Musical Fanart.

I'll post more here as I make more, thanks for listening!

RE: Songs of the Tribes - Lekka Meyren - 04-15-2015

Really enjoyed it. I feel like you captured some of the essence behind many of the FF songs both in composition and vocals.

RE: Songs of the Tribes - Rila - 04-15-2015

This is just so awesome! As someone who's had the chance to hear some of the work in progress stages, being able to enjoy the finished song is just amazing.

What's really cool about this is that I can visualize running around in East Shroud and actually hearing this in game during a Sylph quest. It's as if you've taken a photo reference of someone and drawn them at a different angle but still managed to capture their personality. Only, you know, in music.

Anyway, tl;dr: you're amazing and I love you.

RE: Songs of the Tribes - Xenellia - 04-15-2015

An actual bard!!

THis is amazing! Keep it up! *Mad respect*

RE: Songs of the Tribes - theFez - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 05:08 AM)Lekka Meyren Wrote: Really enjoyed it. I feel like you captured some of the essence behind many of the FF songs both in composition and vocals.

Thank you, Lekka. That's a high compliment, and definitely what I was trying to go for.

(04-15-2015, 04:31 PM)Xenellia Wrote: An actual bard!!

THis is amazing! Keep it up! *Mad respect*

Thank you for listening, and for the compliment!

@Rila

Thank you! I love you too!

RE: Songs of the Tribes - Marisa - 04-15-2015

(04-14-2015, 04:51 PM)Isilrael Wrote: Sylph Lullaby

"Deep in the shroud
Safe from the storm
Little ones sleep
In Lord Ramuh’s arms

Swift may they grow
And safe may they stay
As These Ones watch over
Until they awake

Little ones, These ones eagerly await
Looking after, making laughter, having fun
Wishes these ones softly sing
Of shade and rain to bring those blossoming
Into the sun "

NOW TURN THY GAZE AHEAD, AND LOOK TO THE MO-

Wait, wrong song >.>
Show Content

RE: Songs of the Tribes - K'nahli - 04-15-2015

Nice work!

I remember I was trying to write songs for my character when I originally conceptualized him as a bard, but I don't know anything about song writing and was basically just gunning for rhyming lyrics, haha.

I admit... I was a little disappointed at first because I came in here expecting a miqo'te tribal song of sorts(which would be amaaaazingg) but this was so, very cute. I adore Little Solace Ones!

Edit:
OH YOU ACTUALLY MADE ONE...

RE: Songs of the Tribes - theFez - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 09:54 PM)K Wrote: Nice work!

I remember I was trying to write songs for my character when I originally conceptualized him as a bard, but I don't know anything about song writing and was basically just gunning for rhyming lyrics, haha.

I admit... I was a little disappointed at first because I came in here expecting a miqo'te tribal song of sorts(which would be amaaaazingg) but this was so, very cute. I adore Little Solace Ones!

Edit:
OH YOU ACTUALLY MADE ONE...

hahaha, yea the link's not super obvious.... maybe I'll edit it to make it more so.

I'll have to poke around and see what I can find in terms of materials to go on for a Miqo'te folk song (musical materials). With the Beast Tribes its a bit easier, because they have one or two themes that are exclusive to their camp/area + primal music. Totally up for attempting to make something in the FF style, if anyone wants to kind of spitball what kind of instrumentation and style they think their respective races would have for their music. Smile

Thanks for the reply!