Hydaelyn Role-Players
Little Hopes for Heavensward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Little Hopes for Heavensward (/showthread.php?tid=11031)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Little Hopes for Heavensward - Erik Mynhier - 04-09-2015

Ok this one is easy but fun. What has not been announced in Heavensward that you think they could/would easily have in the expansion. I have many things but want post them a bit at a time.

Ok my first one is more "knightly" robes. As an example I use Ky from Guilty Gear.

[Image: 2563338-guilty_1.jpg]

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Warren Castille - 04-09-2015

Why not choose the superior version?

[Image: latest?cb=20111017163212]

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Chris Ganale - 04-09-2015

Multiple types of guns the way GLD/LNC/WAR have a large variety of axes/swords/pokey-sticks. I got characters that need bonafide sniper rifles, some that want assault-category weapons but can get away with the short carbines that they've showcased so far, and then I need some pistols. Preferably double-fisted but I'll not be picky on that front.

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Melkire - 04-09-2015

Vishap was an excellent Glaurung-sized start, but... I'd like to fight a dragon on the scale of Ancalagon the Black, please.

[Image: 1401907026475.jpg]

Barring that, since we already have Bahamut (I feel cheated, Square-Enix), I want Aymeric or Haurchefant to give a LotR-esque speech of badassery to a line of Ishgardian knights.

EDIT: Airship boarding! Let me fight on an airship while one member of the party stands at the wheel and navigates us through giant midair AoE voidzones!

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Steel Wolf - 04-09-2015

I hope that, if I get my own personal airship (barring some bone-headed decision to limit the thing behind some obscene wall of gil/materials) the music that plays while in flight blows me away.

Also, here's hoping for some more armors that mesh cloth and heavy metal together like the Demon Fending set did. So damned sexy...

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - cuideag - 04-09-2015

Would love to see more NPC styled clothing with less gender locking.

(04-09-2015, 08:05 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I hope that, if I get my own personal airship (barring some bone-headed decision to limit the thing behind some obscene wall of gil/materials) the music that plays while in flight blows me away.

Ah, forgot about airships. I know it won't ever happen, but if they gave us single-man airships that were a bit more...nimble and aerodynamic than the Garlean ...things, that would be great. I'm all down for some Ace Combat Eorzea.

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Edda - 04-09-2015

I want to marry Haurchefant.

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Gegenji - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 07:56 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Why not choose the superior version?

Ahem. I think you linked the wrong superior version.

[Image: latest?cb=20111210180011]

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Melkire - 04-09-2015

Seeing Gegenji post in here reminded me.

FFT/FFTA outfits, please.

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Merri - 04-09-2015

Show Content
More Allagan gear! We know 100% that the Allagan Empire will be involved in Heavensward in some way, shape, of form (due to that zone we saw), so hopefully we'll get some more awesome gear designs. The Allag and High Allag sets are still among my top favorites in-game.

(04-09-2015, 08:07 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Ah, forgot about airships. I know it won't ever happen, but if they gave us single-man airships that were a bit more...nimble and aerodynamic than the Garlean ...things, that would be great. I'm all down for some Ace Combat Eorzea.

This was already confirmed. There's a video out there of one flying around, too, but I can't find it at the moment. Going to just be a normal flying mount, from the looks of it.

[Image: B0yLIz_CAAA229O.png:large]

Yeah I saw that one, which gave me scant hope, but it's still a bit more...sail-powered...than I'd like. But again, it's just me grasping at pipe dreams.

Seconding the more Allagan stuff. Chao needs her advanced Forerunner gear to reverse-engineer, after all. =D

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Erik Mynhier - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 08:16 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: Yeah I saw that one, which gave me scant hope, but it's still a bit more...sail-powered...than I'd like. But again, it's just me grasping at pipe dreams.

Seconding the more Allagan stuff. Chao needs her advanced Forerunner gear to reverse-engineer, after all. =D

You looking for something more like this right?

[Image: 74-Z_Military_Speeder_Bike.jpg]

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Seriphyn - 04-09-2015

We saw an airship workshop in Ishgard tour. My hopes for single rider airships is that we have one for each GC...vbut alas I'm sure it'll just be one model.

RE: Little Hopes for Heavwnsword - Ryanti - 04-09-2015

I would love to see zones that are much larger. Which it looks like we are getting. Larger zones make the world feel more immersive to me. It's difficult to explain, but it feels more real to me when the world seems vast rather than closed.

I'm a big fan of stuff mentioned in this thread so far: Different types, more Allag. I would like to add to that and say different kinds of greatswords (I know we're getting Cloud weapons, but how about more realistically proportioned greatswords too?) And also more Garlean-inspired wear.

I would love to get my hands on Garlean/Ironworks anything. Especially if you can dye it.