Hydaelyn Role-Players
Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! (/showthread.php?tid=10969)

Pages: 1 2

Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - g0ne - 04-06-2015

Be honest! Smile

Share with us any silly or funny or random etc things you do in real life. 

Me, for example, well...

Sometimes when my parrots say something, I keep repeating what they say and usually they shut up and stare at me like I've gone insane. They also disapprove, severely. 

Also, other times I like to stare at people and grin/smile nonstop until they start feeling very very scared. And if they try to escape, I just follow them with the same goofy look on my face. 

Laughing can be some awesome medicine. I hope this thread will provide laughs and SMILES for you all. Smile

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Jerciex - 04-06-2015

Hmm.. Sometimes when I come home.. I might stop to our stairs and stare/listen surroundings and sit there like 15minutes. Usually I find myself enjoying silence and coolness of night.
Also sometimes I might do that in public in city. If I find something interesting I might stop for while and stare it, but only for minute or something.

Other things would be... Hmm.. sometimes if I'm tired I like pluck overgrown nose hair Tongue Like one only per time time.. It hurts enough so not willing to do it often xD

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Seye Qhesu - 04-06-2015

I talk to myself...ALOT while at work.Most of it isn't work related. I'll be sitting there looking over someone's EKG or CT and just be like 'I think I'll hit up LOA today...' or 'I need to cap on Poetics...'

My co-workers just kind of sit there and stare at me.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Maril - 04-06-2015

Me and my bf have our own little language consisting of cute sounds Blush It's beyond silly and I get super embarrassed when other people hear it xD 

I also have tics irl, they're stress related, so when I am running about stressing I get more of them. I try to combat it by not being stressed, but it gets hard at times. They're mostly prone to happen in my neck/left arm. 

I also sometimes end up sitting with my headset on for hours whilst not listening to anything, and sometimes I then start watching TV and turn it up cause my headset reduces the sounds. Then suddenly I remember and quietly hope my neighbors wont murder me for being noisy.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Melodia - 04-06-2015

I love walking around the house randomly quoting movies....but I mix them together, like I will impersonate the Emperor from Star Wars...the whole dialogue from Return of the Jedi when he talks to Luke, but instead of Luke replying, I will insert the dialogue of Mr. T from Rocky III. Tongue I mash the movies into one big mess and my son just looks at me like "Oh dad please stop that." LOL!

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - T'caska Khevo - 04-06-2015

Whenever i stay awake too long while RPing or anything I'm doing at my computer, I start to involuntarily click my right mouse button. Its really weird too and i know when it happens. Whenever it starts to happen I tell my hand to "Stop" out loud.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Ryanti - 04-06-2015

Sometimes, I have these moments where I am in either very deep thought, or very deep reflection. I generally have a funny habit of being unable to catch speech being thrown at me when it happens.

I think by the seventh "I'm sorry - what was the last word you said?" people kind of get angry at me. Blush I guess I'm scatterbrained like that sometimes.

Also, when I have days off, I very rarely check my phone. Sometimes I put my phone somewhere random, like inside one of my drawers, and leave it there for a day. Or two.

Speaking of which, I generally stash my phone in the most random places. I think the most random place I ever stashed it was on top of the fridge.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Domri Blackblade - 04-06-2015

I like to make random creatures out of tin foil. I made a frog a couple weeks ago, but I think his eyes got lost in one of my apartment cleanups. So, I have an eyeless tin foil frog on my desk.

I also have a habit of making really weird faces for no reason when no one is around.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Ryanti - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 11:59 AM)Domri Blackblade Wrote: I like to make random creatures out of tin foil. I made a frog a couple weeks ago, but I think his eyes got lost in one of my apartment cleanups. So, I have an eyeless tin foil frog on my desk.

You were the eyes the whole time.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Domri Blackblade - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 12:02 PM)Ryanti Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 11:59 AM)Domri Blackblade Wrote: I like to make random creatures out of tin foil. I made a frog a couple weeks ago, but I think his eyes got lost in one of my apartment cleanups. So, I have an eyeless tin foil frog on my desk.

You were the eyes the whole time.

Mind: blown.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Aris - 04-06-2015

If in a happy mood, I subconsciously sing quite often about random things. My mum might join in and bounce off of it. Upon realising what we're doing, we stop and decide that we spend too much time together.

Not singing like Von Trapp Family singing, very bad singing about things like "I'm going to make a cup of teaaaaaaa" "putting the tea bag in" "wooaahh the teeeaaa baggg"

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-06-2015

Too many things to count, Eleni ;-;

I find myself repeating things i just typed on screen, and laughing at them. Usually whole things someone or Makyn just said. This has earned some stares and I have to watch myself whilst on a skype call with anyone. (I do this IRL, too, but with fingerspelling.)

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-06-2015

if i'm really tired i totally do the 'let's make weird random songs outta random stuff Big Grin" thing aris mentioned....but erik has seen me do that from time to time. >.>;;;;

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - Erik Mynhier - 04-06-2015

Whenn sleep deprived I become... not my self. I also bother Clio sometimes when I chatter in dutch or icelandic. Sometimes I forget to speak english, so sue me.

RE: Silly, funny, random things you do in RL! - SicketySix - 04-06-2015

When meeting someone new, I'll shake their hand for like 5 minutes straight, talking to them like I forgot I was still holding their hand.